• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
  • When the game's start menu shows up, it picks a random level from any Wii U-made level in Super Mario Maker.
  • Have even more crazy antics with Mario's death sounds.
  • Play as Mario with Cappy.
  • Totaka's Song found somewhere in the game.
  • Have Golden Mushrooms in the game, so I can make golden enemies, and make them so Mario fight the Shaolin Temple Golden Fighters.

Yeah, all in my dreams...

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah. I forgot about those strange sound effects that happen when Mario falls down a pit or something.

Weird and creepy too with the lady whispering "Super Mario Maker" lol

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I see so many people saying "They've got to have the Wii U levels carry over!" but there is no way they are going to do that, nor should they. There's no reason to clutter a new game with millions of levels from a less feature-rich title. Within the first HOUR there will be tens of thousands of user created levels to play.

Mar 9, 2018
No offense, but I can see why. You dream too small, OP. I was expecting something like " include Jr. Troopa or the Bird Door from SMB2 as a boss". The devs already dreamt bigger than you. The actual game is going to be bomb ass fun!

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
My SMM2 dreams:

Super Mario Land 2 tile set
Mario Paint-style music editor
Asymmetric co-op options, at least on the NSMB and SMB3DW tile sets.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
To me the DREAM Mario Maker 2 would be just sophisticated enough to completely recreate Super Mario World in its entirety, including a map maker, and as a bonus the game would include a complete copy of Super Mario World created in Mario Maker 2 as a means to both A) just have Mario World to play if you'd like that and B) learn all the techniques and features of the editor via example.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
My Mario Maker dream is to have all the amiibos playable and in 3D World style.
If they're already doing multiple playable characters, it would be nice to have the amiibo each be their own playable character that can gain and loose powerups, rather than just being a reskinned super mushroom.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I see so many people saying "They've got to have the Wii U levels carry over!" but there is no way they are going to do that, nor should they. There's no reason to clutter a new game with millions of levels from a less feature-rich title. Within the first HOUR there will be tens of thousands of user created levels to play.
While they obviously don't have to do this, what's the harm in including a bunch of highly rated levels, assuming nothing's changed that would break them? Some more levels to play out of the box on day 1 is better for everyone.

Eventually SMM2 levels will overtake them, but there's quite a few gems in that back catalog that would be worth seeing again.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Super Mario 64 tileset. Kind of like the 3D World one, only low poly.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
My dreams for Mario Maker 2 are pretty simple (since most of them were already fulfilled in the reveal trailer):
  • A way to string levels together into a world or even an entire campaign, with the ability to upload them like that. Not necessarily with a world map; the Super Mario Challenge UI is suitable enough for me.
  • More themes. 3D World is a great addition, but I would still love a few more. I think Mario 2 is out of the question (because of how different it is), but I would still like to see Super Mario All-Stars (Mario 1/Lost Levels), Super Mario Land 2, New Super Mario Bros. (DS) and, one of the two dream themes: Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Galaxy. The latter has the advantage of power-ups already existing, but the former would be more wacky and cool (since Galaxy definitely wouldn't have any gravity mechanics).
  • A music maker. Probably the most crazy idea here, but it would be amazing if they incorporated Mario Paint's music creator into this game and allowed people to compose unique background tracks for their stages. There were already tons of music stages in the original game, so why not simplify it a little bit and allow people to create stages without basing the entire thing around their music creations? They could also allow people to upload and share music tracks separately for use in stages (for those without the talent to compose something good).
I dunno, I can see the merit in allowing people to play original Mario Maker stages in 2, but they should make people go out of their way to play them so they don't get mixed in with the new stuff.
  • Don't allow them to appear in 100 Mario Challenge.
  • Keep them in a separate section of Course World that won't mix them in with the new stuff.
    • Alternatively, only have them available through putting in their level IDs, so people REALLY have to go out of their way to access them.
If they do both of those things, I see no problems with letting people access them for the novelty of it.

Last edited: