• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like the godfather vote on TWE, but DoubleLynch means no role blocker aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Verelios, no offense, I want you dead. It would really solidify how much I have to care about the existence of a role blocker. It would really narrow down our options.

but it would also almost certainly waste a lynch.
I'd vote you before I voted him, just so you know.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. I'm here. This has devolved into absolute madness. I've been scumtelling Chugger since D2 so I think that's where my mind's at right now...I really don't think we should waste a lynch on Vere. If we trust him enough than we can pretty much assume the rest is true.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like the godfather vote on TWE, but DoubleLynch means no role blocker aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Verelios, no offense, I want you dead. It would really solidify how much I have to care about the existence of a role blocker. It would really narrow down our options.

but it would also almost certainly waste a lynch.

What do you mean by doublelynch means no roleblocker?

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. I'm here. This has devolved into absolute madness. I've been scumtelling Chugger since D2 so I think that's where my mind's at right now...I really don't think we should waste a lynch on Vere. If we trust him enough than we can pretty much assume the rest is true.

Man, you are all going to be pissed about this flip lol. You guys just want to turbo me? You have the votes

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm just going to go on the recor dsaying that if chugs flips town i'm officially screaming into a pillow

But I don't think he will, so

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
My man, if I lied about tracking you/being blocked then you'd still be on my scum list.
I mean, I know my own play has basically been "how to be obvious scum 101", but if I were to honestly and actually advocate for your lynch (which I'm not) it would be for information, not because I thought you were scum.

I think I'm just overthinking things is all.

I believe your claim (and about being blocked). I believe Dr. Monkey is the gossip. I believe Coolest/Godfather caused the double lynch. I believe TWE about being 1-shot bulletproof. I know I'm town.

That's 5/7 players and leaves KitsuneLaine/PogChamp and TheChuggernaut.

Theoretically that means one of them is a scum role blocker and the other is ????? an alignment cop to counter the godfather (vice versa but you get my meaning). A neutral of some sort? Just ordinary town and the double role was a smoke screen?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of curious how the next day is going to go. Kitsune seems like the next obvious target, but I feel like she wouldn't of put in that much effort into a post about killing me if she was scum?

OP
OP
Apopheniac

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"What's that force?" came the call from TheWorthyEdge.
"Turbo!" replied absolutbro.

TheChuggernaut has died.
Avalanche or roadblock
I was a snowball in hell
Avalanche or roadblock
A jailor trapped in his cell

You are the Snowball In Hell, known from the song Snowball In Hell. No relation to snowflakes, as far as I know - you predate the common usage of that term now. You've got some appointments coming up, though I wouldn't get my hopes up for them. Remember, time is money!

You are a vanilla, aligned with the Town. You don't have any abilities, but who cares about those? You can still vote!

You win when all threats to the Town are dead.

Night 8 begins now and ends:

t1537149600z1.png

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

OP
OP
Apopheniac

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL VOTE TALLY ====
Day Start - Day End

thechuggernaut (4 votes)
kitsunelaine - #3120
dr. monkey - #3238
verelios - #3264
absolutbro - #3268

godfather (1 votes)
thechuggernaut - #3109

theworthyedge (1 votes)
godfather - #2994

chuggernaut (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3192 #3199

Post Counts:
dr. monkey: 101 thechuggernaut: 68 verelios: 60 kitsunelaine: 50 theworthyedge: 49 absolutbro: 45 godfather: 41 apopheniac: 3 grizzly: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
Apopheniac

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The few surviving people surveyed the concert hall. Count the arms, the legs and heads, and then divide by five - you get approximately sixteen.
Drenched in blood, she moves across the screen on the stage.
Do I need to point or do you see the one I mean?
The number rises to seventeen.

Dr. Monkey has died.
Rabid child stays at home, talks on a CB
Truckers pass calling out their handles to the kid

You are the Rabid Child, known from the song Rabid Child. Your parents must be neglectful or something, because I don't know if I trust those truckers on the radio. I mean, "Chess Piece Face and The Big Duluth?" Stay safe, kiddo. Hopefully "rabid" is just a turn of phrase and not literal.

You are a Gossip, aligned with the Town. During the Day Phase, you may PM me the command RABBIT EARS: [target], with [target] replaced by the username of the player you intend to target. Doing so will open up a private chat between you and that player on Outer Mafia during the Night Phase; this chat will close at the end of the Night Phase. This chat is non-persistent; subsequent targets will not be able to see the contents of prior Nights' chats. Oh, and you can vote on top of all that, obviously.

You win when all threats to the Town are dead.
DAY 9 BEGINS

Today's majority vote is 3

Vote Tool:
https://vote.fireblend.com/62023/

Day End:
t1537322400z1.png

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
We're left with:

Me- Claimed Tracker
Kitsune- Claimed Vanilla
Godfather- Double Lynch
TWE- One shot BP
AB-Vanilla

I'm looking at Kitsune and TWE today, it's real suspect that Monkey immediately died. And since Godfather's power was observable, Kitsune, TWE or AB are lying right now.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Godfather's power was observable, but it says nothing about their alignment.

I still don't understand this scum team leaving you alive when they took the time to kill a gossip. You could easily be lying about having no charges left, so why leave you alive?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Monkey seemed to favor Kitsune over TWE in gossip chat, so:

Vote: kitsunelaine

I'm not voting Verelios. I'd rather tank the game and lose if the mod was trolling us with a pointless ninja. Lack of cop still means that is possible.

Anyway, this is probably my only post for the day phase. If you want my opinion on anything, see the previous day phase.

Oh, and I fucking told y'all chug should have been last of the 3.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
only 3 votes needed for majority

We're in a weird end game I think. Going by the role PMs we have, there should definitely be an alignment cop of some sort. Since no one has come forward to claim cop as town, I'm forced to wonder if there's a neutral faction with that ability. Or as I said before it was tacked onto the Ninja to confuse the scum team on which town PRs were in play. That would, I think, be the first time I've seen that done.

There should definitely be a tracker of some kind, since we have a ninja AND a Dorito vendor (whose only purpose is to eff with motion trackers). Vere makes sense here.

Godfather claims double lynch power. Unlike the tracker and the alignment cop, we KNOW this is an actual power in the game because we actually had the double lynch. It doesn't say anything about Godfather's alignment though; he could still be scum

EXCEPT

Verelios claims to have been role blocked, which would mean that either scum or a neutral faction has that ability OR Verelios is lying.

Pogchamp/Kitsunelaine claim vanilla, which we have no way of verifying beyond a lynch.

TWE claims bulletproof (1-shot), which would jive with the night having no kill. It would also go with the scum team having a one-shot poisoner, sort of. What good is a one-shot poisoner when they have no way of knowing TWE is bullet-proof? The only way they would find out is by trying (and failing) to kill him, at which point his being bulletproof is gone and the poisoner is no longer needed. It makes no sense without a scum role-cop, which we "know" they can't have because theoretically the last scum team member should be a role blocker. The thing is, we KNOW the scum team had a poisoner, because we've seen the flip. So either the scum team had a bunch of pointless powers (the poisoner would have only been useful in the end game IFF the town doctor had survived; a godfather/ninja that is half useless; etc), or they were just put in to give the scum team something else to do.

There is another (fairly unlikely) option, which makes even less sense and would mean the game is in LYLO: two scum left. That is, a high scum count with extremely weak powers. An x-shot blocker (if we believe Verelios about only being blocked three times)

I mean, think about that scum team.

1-shot poisoner
1-shot godfather/ninja
3-shot blocker
Ordinary goon

there is no scum team member with a persistent power beyond the faction kill. Does this make any fucking sense?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
it's past 11 my time and I have to be up in <5 hours. I will be working from the office tomorrow for what that's worth, since no one seems to be around when I do :(

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me that's being weirded out by Godfather's willingness to just throw out a vote? Yesterday it was on me (which was an easy lynch) and today it's on kits (who is also an easy lynch). Frankly I do want to look a bit more into Kits as Pog was a little suspect in the beginning, but to throw a vote down this quickly...it's strange.

I was actually going to look into rac/appollo/monkey today as I didn't want to get bamboozled if they were to flip Scum, but I guess that's unnecessary.

I think that Godfather's role could be neutral. What do you all think about that? Is their role usually inherently Town? I mean at this point it doesn't really matter I guess.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
5 alive, so we have one lynch left before we're in LYLO, I believe.

Is it just me that's being weirded out by Godfather's willingness to just throw out a vote? Yesterday it was on me (which was an easy lynch) and today it's on kits (who is also an easy lynch). Frankly I do want to look a bit more into Kits as Pog was a little suspect in the beginning, but to throw a vote down this quickly...it's strange.

I was actually going to look into rac/appollo/monkey today as I didn't want to get bamboozled if they were to flip Scum, but I guess that's unnecessary.

I think that Godfather's role could be neutral. What do you all think about that? Is their role usually inherently Town? I mean at this point it doesn't really matter I guess.
Godfather/CoolestSpot's role has been weirding me also, yes. It's not that I doubt the role claim, I don't. But I'm guessing that since town has no alignment cop that perhaps there's a neutral party with that role. I have no idea what their wincon would be at this point, other than "survive" I guess.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

My role doesn't usually exist. It could just as easily be Neutral or Scum, as Town. I still maintain that the ability itself is generally pro-town, but that's a different argument. I'm happy to throw out a vote, because I don't really care if you or Kitsune get turbo'd at this point. The game is already over in my mind. It's just a question of who dies while we finish things up. My preferred order was You, Kitsune, Chug, but you guys already fucked over Chug, and in gossip chat, Monkey seemed to prefer Kitsune next, instead of you.

If we have a neutral, I actually think it's AB, and it could theoretically be a kingmaker situation on the last day, but there's shit all we can do about it.

Let's get this fucking game ended! Vote early, vote often!