• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I dunno why the Puns lynch happened at all except for his personal style but I missed the heat of that moment. Feel the same about the Trigger lynch. But that's benefit of having been outside the game and not in it.

I will consider a bit and make my order I guess. Struggling a little here.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm out for board games rest of the evening now. Remember who we need to lynch to win.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Triggrr had that late vote that looked really bad the day before, and then didn't do much to defend himself after.

Puns lynch was weird because Puns self turboed.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I mean, he was being TP. I can see how it can happen and maybe how it it didi, so no judgment. I might have gone right along with it in the moment. But from my outsider POV, he and Trigger rang very town to me.
Puns threatened town with martydom...not sure how you see it but that doesn't scream town to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's thin, but it's something. There are some things that don't quite match what I've seen (like he's not pushing you?) and some fair points.

Pushing me without "pushing" me is part of the point, I don't know if I got that across clearly enough.

My question back to you is: if it meant the game, would you bet the game on that case?

Like I said, I'm not one to push for something if I don't think it's absolutely solid. However there's stunningly little to go off of right now, it seems, so Chuggs is my safest bet.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
before I do anything else

TheChuggernaut Do you mind telling me why you saved me when it was down to Geno and myself? I admit, I wasn't likely to vote for Geno for the reason I laid out that day phase. But then you and Battousai both voted for Geno. You said "I want to see where this goes" in your vote post, but I was basically posting a last testament type thing.

Oct 25, 2017
before I do anything else

TheChuggernaut Do you mind telling me why you saved me when it was down to Geno and myself? I admit, I wasn't likely to vote for Geno for the reason I laid out that day phase. But then you and Battousai both voted for Geno. You said "I want to see where this goes" in your vote post, but I was basically posting a last testament type thing.

Sure. I was expecting to get asked about this more at the time, but then Geno filpped scum and no one questioned it. When that happened I was still thinking you and him were both scum, so I was worried there was going to be nonsense with tieing up the vote at the last second, so I took my vote off you, and put it on Geno to swing it further in the direction of making it harder to tie. Batts already mentioned he was leaning Geno so I thought it was the safest bet.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I really don't. Coming in late is hard. Honestly. I think I would rank TWE as best bet. I think his behavior today has been strange. I expect that's where I'll vote. I consider Verelios basically confirmed (if I'm wrong, RIP) so I'd like to hear from him again.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Oh okay, I see what you mean. TWE is odd because his vote record is good and he's been consistent, but the no NK does muddy the water here and if you believe him then that explains it...but if you don't then that opens him up to scum not inputting the nk. I personally think I believe him, or want to believe him because it makes some sense for what happened. That, and TWE wasn't in much danger today so it would be a weird thing to lie about.

Oct 25, 2017
So quick question that's not super on topic. If we hit the last day and there's only 3 left how does that usually play out? I feel like you have to be super careful because as you screw up and throw down a vote on the other town person then scum is going to insta turbo

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue is that the people putting up my hackles are the ones that it can't be with what we "know".

Like, I don't trust some of Godfather's posts (or CoolestSpot's for that matter), but if we "know" Vere is a town tracker then we have to believe there's either a scum (most likely) or neutral (exceedingly unlikely) role blocker, so it literally is down to (from my POV) TheWorthyEdge, TheChuggernaut or Kitsunelaine.

The fact that our town cop hasn't come forward to even say "sorry folks, I've got jack and shit" is making me question whether town even HAS a cop. I suppose it is entirely possible that the Godfather/Ninja was in play specifically to avoid scum knowing which town PRs were in play from their own PRs. A double fake, essentially.

But then I wonder how Verelios is even still alive. I mean, he's literally the one exposed town PR with the ability to bring them down. By tracking them to a kill. And as the number of players gets smaller and smaller, the chances of him doing that go up, so why is he still alive? It makes no sense this late in the game.

I dunno, I've reread quite a bit and nothing makes sense in this game.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So quick question that's not super on topic. If we hit the last day and there's only 3 left how does that usually play out? I feel like you have to be super careful because as you screw up and throw down a vote on the other town person then scum is going to insta turbo
it is the most stressful thing in the land and you usually coordinate votes

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That has happened, yes. Usually you try and convince one other person to vote with you, and there's two other people trying to convince you too. It's crazy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue is that the people putting up my hackles are the ones that it can't be with what we "know".

Like, I don't trust some of Godfather's posts (or CoolestSpot's for that matter), but if we "know" Vere is a town tracker then we have to believe there's either a scum (most likely) or neutral (exceedingly unlikely) role blocker, so it literally is down to (from my POV) TheWorthyEdge, TheChuggernaut or Kitsunelaine.

The fact that our town cop hasn't come forward to even say "sorry folks, I've got jack and shit" is making me question whether town even HAS a cop. I suppose it is entirely possible that the Godfather/Ninja was in play specifically to avoid scum knowing which town PRs were in play from their own PRs. A double fake, essentially.

But then I wonder how Verelios is even still alive. I mean, he's literally the one exposed town PR with the ability to bring them down. By tracking them to a kill. And as the number of players gets smaller and smaller, the chances of him doing that go up, so why is he still alive? It makes no sense this late in the game.

YES, NOTHING MAKES SENSE, OKAY, IT'S NOT JUST ME

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I have thankfully never survived to end game like that. Closest I got was Star Wars and we flubbed that pretty badly. Still won, and to be fair one of our scum team was actually scum aligned neutral, and I had no scum chat...

know what, it wasn't close at all.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I also wonder how I'm alive, but then think scum thought they could get me lynched ala GenoDream.

Oct 25, 2017

I think Vere has said he is out of shots so mafia doesn't really have to kill him at this point. I'm assuming they're more worried about trying to find the fabled cop.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Like if there were no tracker thing, I would vote you, AB. Your record is awful.

If there's weird scum fuckery and lies going on, it's you and Vere. But I don't think it is. Vere believing TWE is a wrinkle for me. Scum, if we don't find you, please nk me tonight, and with my thanks.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Like if there were no tracker thing, I would vote you, AB. Your record is awful.

If there's weird scum fuckery and lies going on, it's you and Vere. But I don't think it is. Vere believing TWE is a wrinkle for me. Scum, if we don't find you, please nk me tonight, and with my thanks.
I could honestly not blame you. My glorious return to Mafia has been anything but. Killing Zipped and leaving Fran alive... I'm telling you scum chat is going to hurt to read after game end.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If it's Chuggernaut, well done, dude.

If it's kits, well done PogChamp in particular, and nice job replacing, kits.

If it's TWE, you'll probably get away with it at this rate.

I don't want to be the decider. Let me go back and look at my analysis.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have to go with the worst voting record of the unknowns, which would be Chuggernaut. Nothing personal, my dude. I hope you keep playing with us.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
If it's Chuggernaut, well done, dude.

If it's kits, well done PogChamp in particular, and nice job replacing, kits.

If it's TWE, you'll probably get away with it at this rate.

I don't want to be the decider. Let me go back and look at my analysis.
I'll be honest, if it comes down to a mylo situation I'm going to kill TWE if I'm still alive.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
is it wrong I kind of want to kill vere now? like the geno thing was so obviously not going to work that I have to wonder what the fuck was going on

I mean, I'm not voting for vere, but there's part of me that wants that flip now