• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically down to Chug, TWE, and Kitsune for my vote today. Chug is a little erratic and illogical, which irks me me, but I''m not sure if he's just inexperienced, or faking it. Kitsune, I just don't have a read on. Best I can do is go look at voting due to inactivity before today. For TWE, it depends on what Apo tells me to some degree. If scum can skip night kill, I don't trust his claim at all. If they can't, it's up in the air.

Oct 25, 2017
Bulletproof and huh...

Oh, so mafia can't kill him. Well that's real useful if he's actually town.

So we have

Me, Kitsune, and AB claiming vanilla
Worthy claiming BP (I believe this)
Monkey claiming gossip (I believe this too)
Vere claiming tracker (I think I 95% believe this)
Godfather claiming double lynch (He obviously had this power. Still up in the air if he has more)

So assuming Vere is telling the truth, we have a blocker floating around that's obviously not claiming.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
kits mentioned in a previous gossip chat that she was basically confirmed town and I don't know why. Kitsunelaine

Chuggernaut, why do you believe my claim? What reason do you have to believe it, out of curiosity? Why do you believe TWE was bulletproof? Why do you only 95% believe Vere is a tracker?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
For my part, I think if Vere is not a tracker, the game is lost. This game is setup to almost require a tracker and there's been no CC. I have to trust Vere.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, and this is mostly for TheChuggernaut , I don't think Monkey is town because she's a gossip. It would be unusual, but that COULD be a scum role. I think she's town cause of how D1 went down.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
For my part, I think if Vere is not a tracker, the game is lost. This game is setup to almost require a tracker and there's been no CC. I have to trust Vere.
4d1.gif

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
TWE was bp then, if I'm reading correctly. And yes, I do think we should claim.

I/my role is a gossip. There are people in this thread who can confirm I'm a gossip; I'll let them speak before I give my predecessor's targets. I'm asking for flavor claims too because mine is pitch perfect with my role and so has been the case with most of them.
Confirming. I even got TWO invites!

Oct 25, 2017

Monkey: it's because other people are backing up your claim.

Worthy: I guess it depends if Apo backs it up if he ever gets around to telling us about the no kill rule, but that seems pretty bold to lie about.

Vere: I guess I've been wondering if he is a tracker but it's a scum role? I don't know how likely it is, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. No one that he's tracked has disputed anything he's said so that helps.

I'm leaning Kitsune right now. Aside from that giant Pog post that sold no one, neither of them have done anything that screames town to me I guess. I'm going to look at the voting history of her and Pog.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, and this is mostly for TheChuggernaut , I don't think Monkey is town because she's a gossip. It would be unusual, but that COULD be a scum role. I think she's town cause of how D1 went down.
I sort of have to believe that Monkey is town because a scum gossip would require another scum to roleblock Vere. Same with coolest/you. Unless one or the other of you is a JOAT-type (which we kind of already had with a ninja/godfather) the count doesn't make sense.

I honestly am not sure how much I trust the BP claim, because as the last scum player it would be the easiest thing to set up. Just don't submit a kill and then claim bullet-proof. Boom, instant town-cred, just add water.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of have to believe that Monkey is town because a scum gossip would require another scum to roleblock Vere. Same with coolest/you. Unless one or the other of you is a JOAT-type (which we kind of already had with a ninja/godfather) the count doesn't make sense.

I honestly am not sure how much I trust the BP claim, because as the last scum player it would be the easiest thing to set up. Just don't submit a kill and then claim bullet-proof. Boom, instant town-cred, just add water.

Ah, good point. Monkey as RB AND Gossip is too much. So I guess she goes into the same category I have Verelios and you. I actually thought we might have had a Backup, who became Doc when stuart died, but that was a longshot. I wanted to see what happened first.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017

This is also true...hence, again, why I didn't really want to roleclaim immediately.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
7 today
5 tomorrow
3 etc

I feel like the game is basically over. We have 3 people as good as confirmed as town. Verelios monkey and absolut. Then you have me. I personally think my role eliminates me from being scum roleblocker, but I could understand hesitation. Then you have 3 people with no particular hard evidence to prove they're town. Coincidentally, we also have 3 lynches before we lose.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that Dr. Monkey is gossip. However, if that's not a uniquely town role, then me being contacted last night COULD have been the reason for no NK.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm that Dr. Monkey is gossip. However, if that's not a uniquely town role, then me being contacted last night COULD have been the reason for no NK.

Meaning she chose to gossip instead of kill. The problem there is it would mean she is both a scum gossip AND the scum roleblocker(unless you don't believe Verelios).

Dr. Monkey Who have you invited each night? Can we just get the full list?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meaning she chose to gossip instead of kill. The problem there is it would mean she is both a scum gossip AND the scum roleblocker(unless you don't believe Verelios).

Dr. Monkey Who have you invited each night? Can we just get the full list?

I can see a Scum in a tight "I'm the only one left" spot using gossip to try manipulate Town into doing what they wanted. It's a bold strategy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, wow lol. Wasn't expecting to run into someone from my college in this game.
Wow, I'd say the odds are wild but there was someone in my first MU game from two hours away. Not quite as close as the same school, though! Wild.

No gossip n1. I've asked our fine mod if that was by choice or by RB.
n2: TWE
n3: Verelios
n4: AbBro
n5: AbBro (probably reinvited because he was not super talkative)
n6: kits
n7: TWE again

I don't have the whys, obviously, just the list and the chats. rac was concerned he was still alive because scum knew he was the gossip and not a cop, so he suspected the gossip was someone he had invited and told. He gave kitsunelaine a list of those people.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
That many shots + the scum stack d1 should pretty much make me town. Scum did try to kill rac again again, too; he was very close to being lynched alongside Stu d2. Scum gossip is not impossible, but here it's unlikely. Scum having two RB shots in fact pretty much means it's not a JOAT.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I was being stupidly hyperbolic based on how people were percieving me and my previous compatriot's actions in the game. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
tbh there is absolutely nothing in that post that makes me think it was anything but serious. I doubt I'm allowed to quote it but to give the gist, rac said he was afraid he was going to be killed and you said no, they might kill you because you're basically confirmed town and scum wouldn't benefit from taking someone less confirmed.

While I'm asking questions, Verelios, did you report out previously that you'd tracked AbBro and he didn't move? TheWorthyEdge, did you know that result?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh there is absolutely nothing in that post that makes me think it was anything but serious. I doubt I'm allowed to quote it but to give the gist, rac said he was afraid he was going to be killed and you said no, they might kill you because you're basically confirmed town and scum wouldn't benefit from taking someone less confirmed.

While I'm asking questions, Verelios, did you report out previously that you'd tracked AbBro and he didn't move? TheWorthyEdge, did you know that result?

It's been a while since I've read those logs (I didn't save 'em) so I forgot how exactly I put it across. I used it as a shorthand for "commonly town read".

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've read those logs (I didn't save 'em) so I forgot how exactly I put it across. I used it as a shorthand for "commonly town read".
This doesn't actually answer my question, you know. It looks like this:

Either rac was concerned and you joked in response (per you, above), or
you were not joking, and actually felt your slot was town confirmed, or...
...???

...or you're just saying stuff without thinking? I know rac told you they get deleted, but that's not the case. I have them all.

Not to be a nitpick, but to be a nitpick, saying you're essentially confirmed town is always going to raise suspicion if you're not actually confirmed town.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I'm not sure if AB is also a Ninja variant, but I tracked him last night and he didn't move. I don't believe there's another switcher so my vote is going to stay on Puns as scum.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't actually answer my question, you know. It looks like this:

...???

...or you're just saying stuff without thinking? I know rac told you they get deleted, but that's not the case. I have them all.

Not to be a nitpick, but to be a nitpick, saying you're essentially confirmed town is always going to raise suspicion if you're not actually confirmed town.

that's not what happened in GoT mafia

...???

Here's your ???, what I've been trying to explain: it was a phrase used in a way that was only meant to be halfway serious ("I'm more likely to be town than others based on how people percieved my predecessor's play, so I'm more likely to be a target because that's beneficial to them").

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. It's a small thing. It goes on the pile. I did not particularly scumread your predecessor from what I've read.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Apo replied with a shrug for the mafia kill, so it's possible TWE just chose not to kill to try to get some town cred. Combined with Monkey/RAC's theory about an early scum in gossip, I feel pretty good about voting TWE today

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

Tomorrow, I would vote Kitsune, personally, followed by TheChuggernaut. The scum are going to be killing Vere, AB, Monkey(in no particular order) now. Whoever gets left alive has to be on the same page about lynching these 3 or we risk losing to some stupid bullshit.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
But would worthy bus his teammates 3 times? He was on Sparks, Fran and Geno which, while you could make a case for town cred, was really not necessary in Fran's case.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But would worthy bus his teammates 3 times? He was on Sparks, Fran and Geno which, while you could make a case for town cred, was really not necessary in Fran's case.
It's happened before but it's not usual. He would not have been the person I'd have considered coming into the day; from second half of the night phase, when I came in, through vote analysis and all else, I had him as town. Two things throw a bit of a wrench into that and the claim is one.