• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt specifically label it as "fanfic" per se, but I do draw a line between the "Lucas Chronology" and the Disney one.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt specifically label it as "fanfic" per se, but I do draw a line between the "Lucas Chronology" and the Disney one.

Which makes sense whether you like them or not. The three trilogies are clearly trying to do their own thing overall, with the broader Skywalker story at play in the background.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Well yeah, the OT was a complete story. Both the prequels and sequels rely far too much on the OT to stand on their own as stories. The ST in particular is more of a coda than a real sequel trilogy.

But that doesn't invalidate them. George Lucas used to say there was "no more story" after ROTJ but then he changed his mind. Nobody is forcing you to watch it, you are free to ignore it.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Which makes sense whether you like them or not. The three trilogies are clearly trying to do their own thing overall, with the broader Skywalker story at play in the background.

Yeah but also Rogue One, for instance I absolutely wouldnt watch R1 and follow it up with ANH, mainly because of all the plot inconsistencies but it just doesnt fit within the OT timeline imo

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
It's fine to think that, but like it or not these are directly connected to the films you prefer. Also like it or not, Han, Luke, and Leia's stories conclude in these sequels and in these sequels alone. You're gonna have to just accept that at some point.

20 years from now kids who grew up on the prequel trilogy will be saying the same shit, I swear.

Dude I get your vendetta and even agree to most of it, but can we PLEASE stop saying "Republican mindset! Trump supporters!" with every post? I know you think you're combatting toxicity but with those types of comments you're just adding to it. It's such a weird comparison.

I posted that ONCE before, in a different thread. If it means someone might do some self-reflection and become healthier for it, I'm glad I posted it TWICE (since that is every post now).

People like this

You're a fucking idiot OP

Could really use some self-reflection, as well as the others who are passive aggressive over opinions not matching their own.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I posted that ONCE before, in a different thread. If it means someone might do some self-reflection and become healthier for it, I'm glad I posted it TWICE (since that is every post now).

Three times, technically, in my run ins with you, which on the Star Wars topic is pretty good percentage of your posts.

The good-old Trump-supporter attitude. I digress. I straight-up don't care enough. May the force be with you!

Literally pulling from the Republican book.

...people who share a lot of similarities to Trump supporters. Mods really should crack down.

But that's besides my point. You know drawing comparisons to Trump supporters will piss people off, especially on this forum. You're adding to the toxicity and it's frustrating because 1) you seem to be wanting to combat toxicity and 2) you're drawing comparison to something completely unrelated for effect.

But yes, I agree that person and others need self-reflection. Sometimes we all do.

PhDInOwning

Mar 17, 2018
Three times, technically, in my run ins with you, which on the Star Wars topic is pretty good percentage of your posts.

But that's besides my point. You know drawing comparisons to Trump supporters will piss people off, especially on this forum. You're adding to the toxicity and it's frustrating because 1) you seem to be wanting to combat toxicity and 2) you're drawing comparison to something completely unrelated for effect.

But yes, I agree that person and others need self-reflection. Sometimes we all do.

It's the same mindset and wanting to live in a bubble where only your opinion is valid, how is this comparison completely unrelated? But you're right -- I didn't realize I did it three times, in that one thread no less. I got frustrated with how aggressive people were as I don't post often, and now I remember why. It seems like everyone just ends up gravitating to their echo chamber, and if anyone is outnumbered in certain threads on an opinion that gets people emotional for no good reason, they leave because of the hostility. It really needs to be looked at.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind having two endings. One self contained ending for 1-6 and another ending for 1-9. I just hope the second ending will be satisfying.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

tenor.gif

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I am always surprised the constant cuts to an awful C-3PO gag/pun in AotC don't get more shit. I mean there's so much garbage in AotC already, but still.

"Excuse me? I've fallen and can't get up."
"Oh this is such a drag!"
"I am quite beside myself."
"Is my head on straight?"

I haven't seen the prequel trilogy in years, and AotC since it first released, but holy shit that CG looks horrendous by today's standards.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The next trilogy will be about the Whills that lived on Rey's forehead and gave her uber force powers.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

God this Grievous shit is so bad.

Like... why is Obi-Wan even able to pull open his chest like that? What are Grievous' arms doing? It's actually a weirdly long shot for something that takes a bit of effort, so unless Obi-Wan was being held and strangled, he shouldn't be able to even be allowed that close. It's just such boring and clumsy fight staging.

Compared to the 2D series? Like stylization aside, it's so involved, Grievous is so full of interesting reactions and adaptations mid-fight while never letting people settle their footing.

Last edited:

Lilyth

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
That's getting butts in seats to be sure, but no matter how much they say it is, for me, the real ending to Star Wars is the end of Return of the Jedi. A dark villain redeemed, the Emperor and Empire thwarted, the heroes reunited and all together in the end...

I don't want to come off as a hater, but for me personally, that will always be the true ending to Star Wars.
It is. The continuation introduced never-ending conflict and serious logical inconsistencies to the plot. And let's not talk about the characterization of Luke...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's the same mindset and wanting to live in a bubble where only your opinion is valid, how is this comparison completely unrelated? But you're right -- I didn't realize I did it three times, in that one thread no less. I got frustrated with how aggressive people were as I don't post often, and now I remember why. It seems like everyone just ends up gravitating to their echo chamber, and if anyone is outnumbered in certain threads on an opinion that gets people emotional for no good reason, they leave because of the hostility. It really needs to be looked at.
Make a thread about it then if it's something you feel is worth discussing.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the deal he made for Disney specifies that they can't remake the OT and PT.
Even if that's true, it's hard to enforce when you're dead, and I have my doubts Disney would agree to have their hands completely tied until the end of time.

Disney would be savvy enough to wait a bit and then frame it not as remake but as alternate timeline story (ala Star Trek) and likely be fine.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Look I'm definitely seeing the movie opening night and I REALLY love force awakens but the fact that they're trying to act like they've been building to this like the MCU did with endgame or Naruto did with Madara or something is absurd. This is just another story in the same universe but you're right the end of the first story was episode 6. Just let this be the end to your new trilogy we don't need you retroactively saying that ALL 8 movies have led to this!