• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vyrance

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
PS4 players should definitely check this game out, it's a lot of fun though can be hard. The campaign releases in a couple weeks for PC so I imagine it will be out of early access then.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's coming to Xbox as well. I wish people would stop making console-specific 'announcement trailer' posts from the official PR channels without at least looking to see if it's coming to other platforms as well.

To be fair, the BlitWorks channel trailer was posted an hour or so later than the PlayStation channel trailer. And neither BlitWorks or the game's original dev tweeted anything about the console versions until the BlitWorks trailer was posted, so all we knew about for that hour or so was the PS4 version.

But yeah generally I like to wait until the devs themselves upload the trailer so I don't have to update the post with additional platforms. Rather just get it all in the first go.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It's coming to Xbox as well. I wish people would stop making console-specific 'announcement trailer' posts from the official PR channels without at least looking to see if it's coming to other platforms as well.

I make topics with trailer I first see so please give me a break with this. Like its also being mention they put it up later.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Do we have a date for the PS4 release or just the month? I saw a Let's Play and now I'm really looking forward to the game.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
It's out now, at least in the AT Store. According to the descriptions with mouse and keyboard support.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I bought the PS4 version. Works well for me.

The gameplay loop in the survival mode is perfect. In the last two days I played until late at night... 2 or 3 o'clock.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I have played five games in Survival Mode on three different maps, and I must say, the mixture of survival, strategy and tower defense works.

My fifth settlement in the Highlands:

ri7kjkzb.jpg

After Kingdom Two Crowns and Surviving Mars another strategy game that is really captivating.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
I have played five games in Survival Mode on three different maps, and I must say, the mixture of survival, strategy and tower defense works.

My fifth settlement in the Highlands:

ri7kjkzb.jpg

After Kingdom Two Crowns and Surviving Mars another strategy game that is really captivating.
How is the controls?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I've played a decent amount on PS4 with both controller and keyboard/mouse and it's such a weird port. The controls with controller still use the exact same PC/keyboard/mouse interface as on PC, which isn't great for a controller. You're controlling the cursor with the left stick and camera with the right while the triggers are zoom in/out with the face buttons for mouse buttons (square takes you to the actions available for that building/group while circle does the "move here" click). You can pause to minimize the need to do things live, but that's such a weird way to get around the weird straight PC translation of the controls. I'm hoping they do some more work on that and overhaul the controller support to give it a better interface that works better for a controller.

With mouse and keyboard, it works so much better on console since that's how it plays on PC. I used a condensed keyboard that I use on PS2 back in the day for chat in FFXI and a new bluetooth mouse that I got for this game to add some context for how I'm playing it. The game has been buggy in terms of detection of these controls and it still requires a controller to be on to use them, which is unfortunate. If the controller turns off, the game pauses and you can't do anything until you turn it back on. Setting gates for your walls also requires pressing L1 to rotate them as far as I could tell from the UI, but maybe there's a key for that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. I did have the game stop recognizing the keyboard when changing maps from a very easy map to get used to the controls and cadence of the game to something a bit harder to work towards unlocking the second map, which only seemed to work again once I used the keyboard to bring up the PS4 dashboard and back into the game. It's also weird that you can't navigate the main menu with the keyboard, so I couldn't actually type in a name until I used the keyboard to select the name field for a new save. I don't know if having a controller on causes these issues or what, but it's still weird that it couldn't be more flexible when a mouse and keyboard are attached. The other issue I have is not being able to remap keyboard/mouse controls since it doesn't seem to use very many to begin with. Those issues aren't huge ones for me, so I hope the devs keep working on the game to fix the bugs and improve the experience and options some more.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
With a controller? Not too bad. "Carving" is harder and it takes practice to build fast, but the pause function makes it possible to play with a controller. Nevertheless, mouse and keyboard is the way to go and as I mentioned, supported an consoles.
I've played a decent amount on PS4 with both controller and keyboard/mouse and it's such a weird port. The controls with controller still use the exact same PC/keyboard/mouse interface as on PC, which isn't great for a controller. You're controlling the cursor with the left stick and camera with the right while the triggers are zoom in/out with the face buttons for mouse buttons (square takes you to the actions available for that building/group while circle does the "move here" click). You can pause to minimize the need to do things live, but that's such a weird way to get around the weird straight PC translation of the controls. I'm hoping they do some more work on that and overhaul the controller support to give it a better interface that works better for a controller.

With mouse and keyboard, it works so much better on console since that's how it plays on PC. I used a condensed keyboard that I use on PS2 back in the day for chat in FFXI and a new bluetooth mouse that I got for this game to add some context for how I'm playing it. The game has been buggy in terms of detection of these controls and it still requires a controller to be on to use them, which is unfortunate. If the controller turns off, the game pauses and you can't do anything until you turn it back on. Setting gates for your walls also requires pressing L1 to rotate them as far as I could tell from the UI, but maybe there's a key for that I didn't see mentioned anywhere. I did have the game stop recognizing the keyboard when changing maps from a very easy map to get used to the controls and cadence of the game to something a bit harder to work towards unlocking the second map, which only seemed to work again once I used the keyboard to bring up the PS4 dashboard and back into the game. It's also weird that you can't navigate the main menu with the keyboard, so I couldn't actually type in a name until I used the keyboard to select the name field for a new save. I don't know if having a controller on causes these issues or what, but it's still weird that it couldn't be more flexible when a mouse and keyboard are attached. The other issue I have is not being able to remap keyboard/mouse controls since it doesn't seem to use very many to begin with. Those issues aren't huge ones for me, so I hope the devs keep working on the game to fix the bugs and improve the experience and options some more.

Thanks for the impressions. Looks like a not so good adaptation. I've been playing Stellaris and the controller setting is stellar (eh). Think I'm gonna wait and see how good Age of Wonder works on the DS4.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
@Captain of Outer Space What struck me, and maybe you've noticed that too? During the last wave, most zombies run in circles and don't rush to the walls. Is this a bug or intentional? Imo, this makes the game very easy.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
This game is so hard. I keep getting a little bit further but my brain isn't made for RTS lol.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
They put out a new update that at least fixes the need to have a controller on to use mouse and keyboard on PS4. The other things mentioned are updated text translations, fixed weekly challenge availability, and added new hints.