• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Information
We are aware and have been trying to get it fixed. We thought we had it done over the weekend but it looks like it's back. The ad agency is aware and they're escalating it to their tech team to see if it's something related to the actual implementation. Really sorry for the inconvenience.
hey, no problem! appreciate the quick response to this issue.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Information
We are aware and have been trying to get it fixed. We thought we had it done over the weekend but it looks like it's back. The ad agency is aware and they're escalating it to their tech team to see if it's something related to the actual implementation. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Have you found any bugs related to mobile site performance issues?

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
My phone has been doing that on this site for months (if not years). Frankly, the mobile experience here is pretty bad. Google keyboard is slow and glitchy too.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Mines been doing this forever, the worst is scrolling, tapping, and I swear the page has fully loaded, and I tap a thread, it selects a thread I already scrolled past!

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it's the ads

What did you post under the word mobile? Another issue i've been having is that i keep seeing little squares where something should be.

I've had this for ages

also hate the fact the screen moves when typing a response to alert me there's been new responses. Who gives a shit. I'm typing something (got while typing this)

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Still happens to me. Also search bar will just freak out sometimes. Need to close and reopen the page to get it to work again.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Information
Is there any way to make the Ad portion of the forum UI to be fixed height? That way it would solve the issue and prevent further usability issues like this with the forum as a result of ads.

Oct 27, 2017
I get this sometimes. More annoying on mobile are the notifications every few days that a notification from the site was blocked, and would I like to allow? No, I never ever want push notifications from restera, and I want it to stop asking.

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
I keep having this problem, and for me it seems to have something to do with opening either spoilers or quotes. I'm not sure which one it is yet, but whenever I see this issue, it is shortly after I have expanded one of those two features, and The view whips back up to whichever item I had expanded earlier. I think I figured out that it stops if I close those expandable objects before I move on, but I am bad at remembering to do that.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
tbh any tech issue that makes it more difficult to read era is just saving me from the things people are actually posting and i'm grateful for that

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I keep having this problem, and for me it seems to have something to do with opening either spoilers or quotes. I'm not sure which one it is yet, but whenever I see this issue, it is shortly after I have expanded one of those two features, and The view whips back up to whichever item I had expanded earlier. I think I figured out that it stops if I close those expandable objects before I move on, but I am bad at remembering to do that.

Yeah, I see this all the time. I've kind of given up hoping anything will get fixed though, I guess it may be part of the underlying software...? You'd think the admins would be just as annoyed by it 🤷

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
This happening plus the Safari Back button automatically bringing the page to the top makes the forum hard to have longer sessions.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe related, the thing that drives me nuts on mobile is if I swipe to go back to the main thread list, it loses my spot and bumps me either to the bottom or top of the page.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
No bouncing but I do get a very sweet Auto Scroll feature! The page just takes off, up or down, to show me some random post. Love that feature /s

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I've had this for ages

also hate the fact the screen moves when typing a response to alert me there's been new responses. Who gives a shit. I'm typing something (got while typing this)

Still happens to me. Also search bar will just freak out sometimes. Need to close and reopen the page to get it to work again.

I get this sometimes. More annoying on mobile are the notifications every few days that a notification from the site was blocked, and would I like to allow? No, I never ever want push notifications from restera, and I want it to stop asking.

Yeah, I have all these problems myself. With the search bar, every time I touch the bar to look for something, it'll behave as if I clicked on it 50 times in one second before acting as if I never clicked on or touched it at all. And yeah, the page will scroll back up to the last spoiler or quote I expanded. It's especially annoying when the spoiler or quote is near the top, but you've already scrolled down to near the bottom of a given page.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
The bouncing has trained me to look at post numbers anytime I unlock my phone on Era because I know I'm bouncing in .2 seconds.

The search bar isn't really a problem for me so long as I scroll to the top of the page first. At least that's an issue I experience on other sites.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I get a lot of pages that load partway and then the rest is just blank. Like half of someone's post followed by a big empty nothing until I reload. Alerts hang a lot too. TBH I think the forum software is a little too fancy for its own good.