• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Past few weeks when I scroll on these forums, the page begins to bounce up and down, losing my spot. I believe it's related to the ADs and the space they are in not being the custom fit

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I get that once in a while. But lately, whenever I scroll down to a post with an expandable quote, tapping it with my finger to expand the quote sends me back to where I originally started when I entered the thread. It's super frustrating.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yes, the ads on mobile drive me nuts. theres always some new issue with it every month

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank god, thought it was just me. Freaking hate it. Might be useful to list device to see if it's os or browser specific
iPhone 11pro with Safari here. iOS 13.6

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been this way for me on mobile. I have an older Moto G and I get bounced all over. Clicking stuff is such a chore. Maybe we could load ad space buffers before the ads get called?

It is what it is, I get it's my fault for having an older phone, but 1 real suggestion to site designers: cut down on the built in links per post please. Having all those share buttiins, username link, and post # link I very very often get misclicks and redirected. Maybe an option to turn all of that off?

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is the only site that lags to load, reloads for whatever reason, lags in my clicks, lags in typing, lags on so many levels. Sometimes shit just doesn't work. It's infuriating, but I've adopted the "using a 10 year old pc" practice of whenever I do anything, I wait 5-120 seconds before i do anything. The site actually refreshed itself 3 times as I was typing this, and once more when I hit post, without posting anything.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
One of three major issues I have with mobile, including the recent development of full screen ads that block the page and white-screen refreshes that lose my place in a thread.

I hope admins are looking into fixing these issues.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is the only site that lags to load, reloads for whatever reason, lags in my clicks, lags in typing, lags on so many levels. Sometimes shit just doesn't work.
When you're trying to edit a post while using mobile:
mwQwF9w_d.webp

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Man, the auto page refresh that makes you lose your place in a thread is annoying. Maybe it's a sign to stop browsing Era while in bed.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
There have been more posts on a forum where people post, move screen away from window where you're replying? Okay.

Oct 26, 2017
Past few weeks when I scroll on these forums, the page begins to bounce up and down, losing my spot. I believe it's related to the ADs and the space they are in not being the custom fit
I think that bouncing is when you leave something expanded, spoilers open, or open the page to a specific post. It will bounce back to those. If you're careful to shrink and close things it shouldn't really do it

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. There's a delay in the ads loading in so you can be looking at something and then have it bumped a few seconds later. I also hate writing posts on the phone because if someone replies while you're writing, the message saying someone has posted also bumps the screen.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really experience that, instead I get full screen pop ups. Can't read an entire page without it popping up 2-3 times.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is, but over the past few weeks, my ancient iPhone 6 was getting hot and the battery was draining like a broken dam. I removed a bunch of apps I thought might have been responsible, but it was only after I severely stopped coming here on it that the issue stopped.

Doomed

Nov 4, 2017
Had this issue while on a Oneplus 7T - 10.0.11. No issues on iOS 13.6 or the latest 14.0 beta.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I've complained before. I've accidentally clicked on ads so many times with my iPad that the only conclusion I can draw is it's by design.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get that fairly frequently on mobile. This is the only site that seems to give me trouble.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Look, I'm gonna put it out there era mods. I really don't want to buy a Ford truck. The ad pops up on mobile so much it makes era unusable.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The mobile site has been laggy as shit for me too. Thought my phone was acting up but nah other sites were snappy. Hoping staff can address this.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I got the forum running on the Dreamcast browser and it doesn't do it on there. So try that if you want a solution.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any issues with ads. I just wish on Mobile the "post reply" box was hidden in general and you had to tap something to expand it. Because uugh.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Between this issue and the stock Android keyboard being completely borked when trying to do a search (as in can't do one because the keyboard keeps disappearing) the mobile experience is pretty damn awful.

Also, yeah, that "new posts have been made" pop in is completely useless and disruptive.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Mobile browsing here is just fucked up on iOS Safari. Constant pop up ads. Reloads. Phone burning up.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's 2020, please use an adblocker. Alternatively, pay for Clear.

Or use ad-nauseum.

Inserting quotes to an edit should be possible as well.
Also picking which quotes should be inserted in general should be an option too instead of having to delete multiple to just keep the one currently needed.

On the whole, I don't have many issues with this site in terms of browsing experience.

Last edited:

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I can't write on mobile because the text field moves up and down a lot when it tries to focus while I start to type, unless I deactivate the BB code (the little gear icon on the reply box).

And as of recently, the top bar is getting a weird positioning every now and again when I enter a thread, messing up all the page layout on mobile too.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Happens a lot when typing in the box and some new post is made and the purple area shows up saying that there are new posts. That's been annoying me for a while

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know if anyone has chimed in, but I'll bring it up.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Information
We are aware and have been trying to get it fixed. We thought we had it done over the weekend but it looks like it's back. The ad agency is aware and they're escalating it to their tech team to see if it's something related to the actual implementation. Really sorry for the inconvenience.