• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. May saying people had the opportunity to back a second ref in 2017 by voting for the LDs.
Hardest I've laughed all day.

Honestly it's stuff like this that makes it difficult to watch this.

The biggest political moments in this country since the war, and the PM is making pissy, shitty comments like this to chortles and laughter by this rabble of fucking cunts.

GazzaScotland

Oct 27, 2017

The biggest political moments in this country since the war, and the PM is making pissy, shitty comments like this to chortles and laughter by this rabble of fucking cunts.

Yep, watching this or really time you watch anything for parliament you realise how embarrassing it is. More about petty jabs and attacks than anything else.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Corbyn is the only major party leader in 45 years to argue against the neoliberal system Britain's been reeling under.

A vote against Corbyn's Labour is a vote for poverty and inequality.

38412.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Theresa May should take a long walk(ing holiday)

During which she goes and fucks herself.

(Because I doubt Phillip can).

I don't flinch at using the above language because she has lied to much during her final remarks right now. She should be ashamed...but Tories don't know the meaning of the word.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Conservative policy has made the UK distinctively worse over the last 8-9 years. People have died in appalling and depressing circumstances, the country is poorer in many respects, and only now are they quietly trying to sweep the mistakes under the rug. The Tories have to go, and I'd take a flawed Labour leader who moved the party back to the left*, rather than let the Conservative party continue their ideological crusade of harm by holding out for someone more electable.

*this is not implicit support for Corbyn, but he's better than some give him credit for, and history has proved him right in steering the party away from austerity.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The irony is May will allready have her speech ready for after the defeat, very surreal

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Now they need to open their fucking eyes and reconsider what exactly that uniformed, illegally campaigned, non-binding advisory vote actually represents.

Oct 26, 2017

I mean this is how I feel watching parliament on any given day. A lot of rich landlords braying. We need a massive overhaul of our political system.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Corbyn is the only major party leader in 45 years to argue against the neoliberal system Britain's been reeling under.

A vote against Corbyn's Labour is a vote for poverty and inequality.
Based on his performance, regardless of his intentions, it is a vote for a bungler. I can't really say that he'd achieve anything.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Only one amendment being voted on: Adding the unilateral power for the UK to end the backstop.

Totally meaningless.

The Meaningful Vote should be in ~20 minutes.

Are they really calling votes on which side can make more noise?
What's wrong with that? Quicker than doing a vote every time.

If one bloke shouts yay, and the rest of the house nay, why bother sending 650 people to vote?

What does pulling the amendments mean? Hard to keep up with the jargon.

Amendments are tabled in advance. The speaker can then select all, some, or none of those amendments. Those selected amendments then need to be moved to a vote.

In this case, 11 amendments were tabled, 4 selected, and the first 3 were declined to be moved.

Tactics. Makes it a clean kill on May's deal.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Conservative policy has made the UK distinctively worse over the last 8-9 years. People have died in appalling and depressing circumstances, the country is poorer in many respects, and only now are they quietly trying to sweep the mistakes under the rug. The Tories have to go, and I'd take a flawed Labour leader who moved the party back to the left*, rather than let the Conservative party continue their ideological crusade of harm by holding out for someone more electable.

*this is not implicit support for Corbyn, but he's better than some give him credit for, and history has proved him right in sheering the party away from austerity.
"Brexit is ruining the country, the only hope is the one other party supporting it".

Oct 25, 2017
It's a strange amendment to vote on, since if passed it would overrule a key tenant of the withdrawal agreement which the house is due to vote on..... Which the EU would never accept