• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
Are they?
Even more evidence that they might be making it into a playable state then.
Yeah, specifically it's Hinata and Tiffany. I was convinced when they appeared it meant we would get them or some other Rival Schools characters as DLC.
XcjQA9ZgR3SwHxIFZ5VN

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Despite MvC4 being such a braindead easy decision and it being well received basically guarantees it be more successful than Capcom's last 2 major fighters combined, I think their 'surprise' has already been spoiled to be RE3make

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Rival Schools. Go all in on the school gimmick and have half the game be you walking around the school, talking to students, and doing side quests, and the other half the actual fighting.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Rival Schools. Go all in on the school gimmick and have half the game be you walking around the school, talking to students, and doing side quests, and the other half the actual fighting.

I'd actually dig this.

But only if it had rollback/crossplay as I really don't want to buy another ghost town fighting game and I'd be playing this way more for the multiplayer

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
It's just hope. There's always hope.

But unless it's coming from someone reputable, my faith in Capcom's FG division producing anything anytime soon (that isn't SF5 related) is extremely low.

Oct 1, 2019
Now that Disney acquired Fox, I'm really hoping for a new Marvel vs Capcom. I liked infinite, but please be 3v3. Hopefully with a longer license than 3 so we get more balance patches.

Oct 26, 2017
Realistically, I don't see it happening. It would have to be a cross-gen release. However, if it does happen, it should reuse SF5 characters in some way. No way they're making an entirely new game on this generation hardware. The problem with a crossover is that even if they reuse a bunch of SF5, they would have to make at least as many new ones, which is a ton of work. Like, a Capcom vs SNK 3 even with 20 SF5 characters, sprite Morrigan and four non-SF ones would need another 25 SNK characters.

If it does happen, SF6 is not happening for quite some time and this would be their way to spend the next gen without having to start over.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
I think Darkstalkers definitely coming back. Horror movies had a big comeback. Capcom now has a rich saga they can build from with Darkstalkers. It's money on the table, depends on when Capcom notices.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wtf? Is there sauce for this, because this sounds really shitty and would explain a lot.
This is all old speculation being passed as fact because it's so old.
None of the people involved with either game at the time has ever said anything to support these claims in the last 20 years.

On-topic: I expect the game to be SETH vs SF5, so if I get anything else it will be a nice surprise.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't think they will announce a new fighting game at Capcom Cup (I do hope they will though, that would be sick) I'm hoping for a return of either Darkstalkers, Rival Schools or a crossover game like Capcom vs SNK (and this time featuring more Capcom characters and not just 99% of the roster being Street Fighter characters, hah...). Obviously a new Marvel vs Capcom in the vein of MvC 2 or 3 would be sick too, but that I think is the most unrealistic option at this point.

Either way: Very much looking forward to Capcom Cup next weekend.