• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like some big shit is about to get revealed tomorrow

The removal of a racist nickname won't end Daniel Snyder's problems.

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

"The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again," wrote CBS' Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, "What's coming is disappointing and sad."

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

"There is much more going on . . . than a name change," Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. ". . . And it's not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people."

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

"A real busy week. And it's not all going to be about the name and it's not all going to be pretty."

It is believed that a Washington Post story expected to be released on Thursday is the basis for the tweets.

nypost.com

There’s a Washington football bombshell coming and it’s not about the name

The removal of a racist nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems. Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cr…

Also sourcing from Pro Football Talk because of NY Post distrust....

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

Buzz grows of a looming report about the Washington franchise

The Washington franchise started the week with the news that its name will change.

Last edited:

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please be something that forces Snyder to sell the team. PLEASE! (Though I hope no one was negatively effected by another's actions, the framing makes that seem unlikely)

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Executives, yes.

Something big is going down. Don't know why it's being embargoed like this, though. If it was a significant scandal, we should know by now.

Probably less an embargo, more that it's going through the normal fact checking process that can be laborious and lengthy, and when that happens, *a lot* of people become aware of a story. It's actually surprising more of them don't leak.

OP
OP
CrankyJay

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I hope this doesn't involve any sort of trafficking...but I can't think of anything else that would be so "shocking" and "disappointing"...

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I hate "there's going to be news" news.

Out with it already reporters. It's not like they traded up to get Mitchell Trubisky.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman buy the Redskins.

6d3zfykyf.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
friends a big redskins fan he's just got round to retiring all his hats and jerseys was funny telling him that could just be the start

hopefully it's not something seriously fucked up

Oct 25, 2017
I hope whatever it is that it's bad enough to let me keep on dunking on the team (since I'm losing the name as an evergreen reason to dunk on them,) but not so bad that it makes me feel guilty for dunking on them on it.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: from what I just read, if the news involves sexual assault victims, they would have to be notified first and some sort of legal consent would have to be granted in order for their names to be published. If that's what this is.

IF that's what this is about, that's probably why the news is being staggered.

Last edited: