• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Street level video:

Article:

www.nbcnews.com

Rally for Black trans lives draws enormous crowd in Brooklyn

As Black Lives Matter protests continue around the country, throngs in New York City put a lens on the dangers facing the Black transgender community.
Protesters packed the courtyard of the Brooklyn Museum and surrounding parkway in New York City borough on Sunday in support of Black trans lives, merging the fight to protect two deeply marginalized groups.
The rally began about 1 p.m. local time in front of the museum, just a short walk East of Brooklyn's Grand Army Plaza as activists made speeches emphasizing the importance of human rights for Black trans Lives. About two hours later, attendees began to march north, led by event organizers and Black transgender women in front.
A number of groups, including the Marsha P. Johnson Institute, The Okra Project, and Black Trans Femmes in the Arts, co-organized Sunday's rally and march.
A spokesperson for the organizers did not have an official estimate for the crowd, but a swarm of attendees covered the plaza in front of the Museum and took over the road on Eastern Parkway, likely in the thousands.
Some of the speakers included transgender activist Raquel Willis, author Ceyenne Doroshow, and the family of Layleen Polanco, according to the event's homepage.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Yep it's massive thousands of people chanting it's just beautiful.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I know many have talked about how Black Trans Lives were being left out of the discussion, so it's great to see such a big turnout.

Omiee

Oct 26, 2017
So cool to see, i wish them the best. Everyone should be treated equally. I do worry of people being that close to each other. Hope a lot are using PPE.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wonderful to see.

RIP Rem'mie from Philly, and too many others.

Luka

Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. With recent news, it really feels like the fight for trans rights is just beginning. I'm glad that there is such a turnout!

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
That's beautiful. As a Canadian I WISH I could attend demonstrations like this, among others, in support for #Blacktranslivesmatter. Keep showing love and support for one another.