• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Played this last year after I saw DigitalFoundry's video about SAGE.

It's pretty short but a lot of fun. Mario's expanded moveset would make this an excellent speed-game if it ever became something bigger.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Best playing and looking 2D Mario game I played since Yoshis Island. Shame nothing more will come of it.

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
New Super Mario Bros. U is arguably the best 2D Mario to date. Nothing wrong with the clean and easily readable New Super Mario Bros. look, and I hope the series continues in the future.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That looks really impressive, visually and from a classic gameplay nostalgia feel. That is what I want out of the more casual mario games, especially in handheld. Shame Nintendo moved away from that style of games, but there's still chance :)

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
The art style is pretty cool. A health bar in a classic-style Mario is a big no from me, though.

Nov 17, 2017
I want to play a game that looks just like Yoichi Kotabe's artwork.
Yes please.

EFpR5giWwAAbaOc.jpg

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
See Sonic fans are talented with fan games. They can do better then both Sega and Nintendo.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
NSBMUD seems to be really slept upon because of the art style, even though it has some of the most innovative level design in the series.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Look amazing I'd paid for that but Nintendo needs to inject life to 2D mario games there very bland

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Looks fantastic! The color palette reminds me of the Mario games on the All-Star games on the SNES. Hope Nintendo is working their butts off to create a brand new 2D Mario with this sort of style. #NoMoreNSMBGraphics #NoMoreWahs2k19

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Mario looks off but the rest looks really nice. Way better than that atrocious one I saw yesterday.

september 2020 update
OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New demo and new trailer

Official site and demo here:

Super Mario Flashback

A fanmade love letter to the Mario franchise that brings back stages from his former 2D and 3D adventures.

Playthrough of the demo:

This game continues to look good to me. I wish Nintendo made a new 2D sidescroller Mario game. Sigh.