• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
This was actually from June 5th, but I didn't see it posted anywhere. Per this article from Dualshockers as well as the original tweet (with a link to the website).

Bandai Namco announced a new Tales of Festival stream will be held on June 14, and it'll include the "latest information on the Tales of Series, celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2020″, but it was also made clear that "There will be no announcements and game news", meaning no Tales of Arise news.

Instead, this stream is an appetizer for Tales of Festival 2020, which was delayed from 2020 to March 6, March 7, 2021, because of the Covid-19 pandemic. The theme of the stream is to enjoy Tales of Festival from home (with the hashtag #おうちでテイフェス), and will be including the having fun together part of Tales of Festival, not the new announcements part.

The game was originally announced as a 2020 release for PS4/Xbox One/PC.

Are we thinking a delay?

Source

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
This is so confusing. The game already looked pretty far along last e3 - never thought we'd go another full year with no news.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well...shit.

Hopefully its at the next Xbox event since it debuted there last E3. Else it seems its been delayed...

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
If no game news means both Tales of Arise and Tales of Crestoria, what's the point?

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
The game was already rated in Korea earlier this year, I assumed that meant it was close to being finished. It's odd that they've shown nothing at all of it since it was announced last year.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The game was already rated in Korea earlier this year, I assumed that meant it was close to being finished. It's odd that they've shown nothing at all of it since it was announced last year.
Could that have been a demo? Iunno. I imagine not being able to record the absolute fuckton of VA they need for a while, alongside aiming for the first simultaneous release they've ever done could push them back a couple months.

Probably still makes this year imo.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's quite disappointing. Really was anticipating this alongside Gran Blue Fantasy Relink. Both look delayed into the same abyss as Guilty Gear Strive.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strive gets delayed once and now it's in an abyss?
For me personally. I had a list of games with an anime/ animated artstyle I was really looking forward to this year and nearly all of my favourites just quietly slinked into next year with little fanfare.

At least I got Gran Blue Fantasy Versus.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like COVID may have played a part?

I'm guessing there's enough content that it could be submitted for a content rating review, but some major production milestone that couldn't be hidden from marketing, like the VA recording example Strings gave above, was pushed back by COVID and stalled their planned marketing rollout.

It seems like they want to use the "everyone gets the same information at the same time" marketing strategy that's become popular with high profile Japanese games, which kinda requires a lot of stuff to be on schedule.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me sad. But it'll give me more time to beat Zestiria and Berseria. I jumped back into Zestiria recently and forgot how crazy and fun the battles are on Intense difficulty.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Teasing an actual festival which is delayed to next year which may or may not have new Tales news. Like what's the point?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I only casually follow Tales but is this one of those "Event that's aimed solely at the Japanese audience that Westerners dump on because it doesn't interest them personally" things?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still waiting for Tales of Graces Definitive Edition. You'd think BN would have Q-LOC get to that straight away after TOV did as well as it did, especially on Switch where I think it opened the highest on it in the UK of all places.

The JP 10th anniversary has already come and gone without a peep, unlike Vesperia which was pretty much right at its 10th anniversary when it got announced at E3 2018.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it shows up at Xbox's event next month.
So far, it looks like it has a chance to be the best Tales game in years.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn, not even a remaster/port announcement for Abyss, Legendia, Symphonia collection, Xillia Collection or Graces F? Whats the point if not that or any other game related discussions?

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
We talked about this in the series community thread but for those not following that who have been looking for new info, there might be something new on or possibly before July 5th:

www.abyssalchronicles.com

Next Tales of Festival 2020 Alternative Broadcast on July 5, With Guest Voice Actors and Tales of Arise Producer - Abyssal Chronicles ver3 (Beta) - Tales of Series fansite

The end of today's Tales of Festival 2020 Alternative live broadcast ended with the announcement for a second installment of this alternative broadcast. Today's Tales of Festival 2020 Alternative live was more of a little [Read More...]

They'll have another video that will cover game info this time (so far their mobile games are confirmed, at least). The producer of Arise will also be a part of it and they're hinting that he might be sharing something worth looking out for.