• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

2kQHzpG_d.jpg

PC numbers have shot up as well; 57% playing on steam, 28% on PS4, 15% on XBOX

Last edited:

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Good to see most of them are playing PvE. Destiny 2 forcing me in to PvP is what made me quit the game.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Too many people still playing Gambit. Y'all need to drop that shit so that it may finally die, as it deserves.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Wow! I knew it was experiencing a Renaissance, but damn. Loving the new expansion personally. Love me some Gambit Prime. The Vex invasion stuff is pretty lit too.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I'm enjoying shadowkeep more than I expected, today I also bought forsaken so I have lots of amazing stuff to do

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
And if crossplay eventually makes it's way in the players will be even better off. It has been awesome playing on PC with such a huge population.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if this game gets crossplay and a built in LFG system/server browser it will be the GOAT

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped back into it yesterday. Two things i wasn't happy about. The loading times are atrocious, i don't remember them being that bad. And they removed all the progression and sense of an actual campaign. I decided to start a Warlock and the game just went 'here have everything'. Ok? I don't know how to play this character. I don't know the powers, the synergies, nothing. There's gonna be a lot of confused people. On the plus side, the world is brimming with people, there's a shitton of content and the game is still great despite everything.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I was one of them. Getting destiny 2 and the first 2 expansions free was a god send

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's doing reasonably well on Steam. Certainly doesn't come close to the 1mil+ CCU people were predicting though.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I jumped back into it yesterday. Two things i wasn't happy about. The loading times are atrocious, i don't remember them being that bad. And they removed all the progression and sense of an actual campaign. I decided to start a Warlock and the game just went 'here have everything'. Ok? I don't know how to play this character. I don't know the powers, the synergies, nothing. There's gonna be a lot of confused people. On the plus side, the world is brimming with people, there's a shitton of content and the game is still great despite everything.

Load times have always been bad in Destiny. It's just that most don't notice because the ability to still navigate through your character menu and inventory while the game loads has always eased that suffering. Were we forced to look at a blank screen watching a bar fill, then yeah, more people would probably complain. But being able to still interact with the game in a meaningful way while it loads is a game changer.

As for playing a Warlock, you fly around a lot, heal yourself a lot in the midst of battle and you have the best grenades in the game. Go nuts.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wait a minute....over twice the playerbase on PC compared to consoles?

Holy shit!

Edit I mean twice the PS4 playerbase.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Wait a minute....over twice the playerbase on PC compared to consoles?

Holy shit!

Edit I mean twice the PS4 playerbase.
Yeah the userbase collectively jumped to PC.

Currently all users playing destiny are keeping it consistent and the average play time has been slowly going up from 2 to 10 hours, and to probably continuously grow with the game.

Those numbers used to all be around 450K now PvE and Crucible are way higher then the rest

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for playing a Warlock, you fly around a lot, heal yourself a lot in the midst of battle and you have the best grenades in the game. Go nuts

Sounds good! I've pretty much always played Hunter on both games so a change of pace was in order. And i like healing more than i like tanking so it was an easy choice lol

May 25, 2019
London
PC having so many more players than PS4 is extremely interesting. I wonder how many switched as a result of cross-save. Destiny 2 runs really terribly on these consoles at this point, and the tools available to PC players (the LFG Discord and now Steam features) really make it a no-brainer.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I bought Shadowkeep on PC because of xbox cross-save and 144hz / 60+ fps on my pc.

For a game like this, I don't think I can go back.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Amazing what bungie is achieving now by themselves thankfully. Buying it back was the right call

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is this the same thing as daily active players? There was an article from a few months ago saying that all 3 platforms combined were at 1 million.