• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
unbenanntzajue.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely get the unofficial patch. It's "required".

Personally, I would be thrilled if they updated the game just to play nicer with modern hardware, like what KoTOR II got a few years ago.

As for this, I guess we take a rain check for a month? So far away...lol

Only one other thing I'll ask is that since it's an older game I know some older titles have weird problems on current hardware. I just upgraded to a RTX 2060 and have a 4K monitor. Might the game glitch out due to that?

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Only one other thing I'll ask is that since it's an older game I know some older titles have weird problems on current hardware. I just upgraded to a RTX 2060 and have a 4K monitor. Might the game glitch out due to that?
I mean, you never know for sure with any old game. Wesp5 still updates the patch to this day, so it'll probably be fine. That's kind of insane support for a game of its age, even if unofficial.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
And the mods really help?
There are plenty of good mods out there, but the fan patch is essential to actually be able to run the thing on modern PCs and not have extremely glaring issues (such as HUD assets being super low res, blown up, and unreadable). Some of the mods do a good job to restore or make up for the clearly missing content in the game. The base game itself is unfinished, and in some of the later sections of the game it really shows. I still highly recommend it though.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
am I missing something?

I don't see what this has to do with Bloodlines specifically, at all

Vampire for sure, but bloodlines is specific.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I played VTM:B for the first time in October and it really earned its place in my favorite games list. I am going to explode with excitement if this pans out to be a continuation or remake.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
DRACULONI DRACULONI GIVE ME THE GAMEULONI.

... *Ahem* And by which I mean I'm excited. Did White Wolf drop that Neo-Nazi, though? The one who wrote the rules for one of the recent Vampire books & was all "yeah vampires are cool with the alt-right & this is canon"? If that's still a thing & affects this probable-game, I'm out.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
What about Harebrained? Their Shadowrun games are one the best RPG's ever, writing and characters are off the charts, especially in Hong Kong and Dragonfall.
They just released Battletech last year and that seems like a good platform for DLC. I dont think they will be announcing a new game soon.

Paradox normally tries to have an announcement -> launch window of around a year, with Dev Diaries in-between to hype the game. Harebrained doesnt fit due to time constraints.

Edit: Also, Harebrained were just recently bought by Paradox, so they probably wouldnt have started to work in the game until after Battletech launched.

Edit 2: Battletech is free to play this week and has a discount so you can also buy it!

Nashira

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 21, 2019
Seems like they'll go for a modern setting again given the email. Which is absolutely amazing and more games should do that

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
https://www.twitch.tv/tenderbeta

L6SM5Dg.png

I mean it has Santa Monica Pier as a screensaver, this + the Vampire Bloodlines trademark filed last year...

It's quite obvious what this is meant to be.

Oh holy shit Santa Monica pier confirms this is either a remake or a sequel to Bloodlines

Please don't murder my heart by teasing an eventual remaster. The old game is already out, already modded, already loved.

It has not aged well visually even with mods, I'd be completely down with a remake

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Paradox owns the Vampire: the Masquerade IP.

My guess on the developers:
https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/

Paradox owns a part of them and other Paradox Interactive studios dont have the experience in this type of games.

On their opening page, says they are hiring for multiple positions.

With hardsuitlabs and hairbrained both in Seattle, surprised that paradox doesn't st least have a satellite office here

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Even if I'd prefer a sequel the idea of a remake of Bloodlines is also extremely exciting so I'm definitely on board with whatever this ends up being.