• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Mod edit:

Stream happening tonight at 8:30 PM PST / 11:30 PM EST:

---

PC Gamer wrote about it:

mT6whjhps2MMbmGa29NESR-650-80.jpg

There's a new dating app that appears to take the term 'thirsty' quite literally. It's called Tender, a "soulmate algorithm", and seeing as how its powered by Paradox Interactive (you can even sign in with an existing Paradox account) it's probably not really trying to set you up on a date. Considering the rather bloody nature of the app's announcement video, the fact that it asks your blood type before inviting you to match with sick people near you, and that Paradox owns White Wolf Publishing (which filed an interesting trademark just last year), this smells a lot like an ARG for a new Vampire: The Masquerade game. Maybe.​

Paradox is running the app, so seems like something might be coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to get new RPG in this setting... But who would make that? Not many devs could pull this off I think. Bloodlines was technical mess but writing and choices made up for every bad thing in that game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to get new RPG in this setting... But who would make that? Not many devs could pull this off I think. Bloodlines was technical mess but writing and choices made up for every bad thing in that game.

Harebrained seems like an obvious contender presuming they aren't too busy with more Battletech, of the studios Paradox is involved with.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
16a681dd00d9f36f0c8b9ed4c782cbef.jpg

Please be good, please be good...

chances are probably not good, but progress made...

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The Tender ARG is certainly strange... it's what I assume dating apps are like, but with a weird 'the sales pitch video a tech company would have in a movie' vibe to it with the weird quests and videos you have to watch.

Hopefully it's a new Vampire and an update on the Werewolf game

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i worry it might be a mobile game and not a full on AAA bloodlines sequel from obsidian or even a top down rpg from hairbrained schemes

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't even think of Harebrained. I forgot that Paradox bought them. The new Shadowrun games were good to great (Dragonfall DX being great, Hong Kong almost great and Returns being good) and if that studio really has some resources available, they would knock it out of the park.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
This thread has now ensured that I'm going to be disappointed when this is announced and Harebrained aren't the developer.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I don't know anything about this franchise but a cursory glance makes it seem quite interesting. But then a cursory glance at Bloodlines on Steam and a sticky thread explaining a convoluted method to installing an unofficial patch made me nope out. Far too much work to just play a game. Think I'll wait for Paradox...

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know anything about this franchise but a cursory glance makes it seem quite interesting. But then a cursory glance at Bloodlines on Steam and a sticky thread explaining a convoluted method to installing an unofficial patch made me nope out. Far too much work to just play a game. Think I'll wait for Paradox...
From my understanding, the game as purchased on GOG has the unofficial patch already installed from the get go. At least thats where I got it from and I have had no issues with it at all.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember when the Ben Drowned creepypasta ARG all began with a Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines video of Rosa.

KITPUNK

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
While I'm very much down for a new entry, I'd seriously just be content with a modern update to Bloodlines.

Whether or not that is an HD up-res or a 1:1 remake, if they can fix the issues with the original game with some visual improvements, I'd be happy. Basically what the fan project was doing before it got shut down.

Last edited:

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about making a thread a little while back on gauging interest in a new World of Darkness game in the vein of Vampire the Masquerade, but it looks like the folks involved in Bloodlinee already have a game based more around the werewolves of that universe. Werewolf The Apocalypse iirc.

Would love to see another good Vampire game, especially with 5th Edition bringing in a lot of interest. A Chicago By Night setting would be amazing.

Edit: Just want to note before someone takes the thread off rails that all the problematic passages from 5th Edition have been edited out and Paradox and White Wolf are being more attentive on their writers moving forward.

JoeBoy101

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to point out that Paradox Publishing lema to making games is:
"If a game can't be played for 500 hours, we probably shouldn't be publishing it"

So do not expect a traditional RPG, but something much more replayable (and probably with emergent storytelling).

I'll be honest, I loved the CCG that was done for VtM way back. I forget the name, but really enjoyed it. Might be worthwhile to do a rendition, though I'm sure that's not what people want.

I'm just leery that a sequel will never live up to the original.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I loved the CCG that was done for VtM way back. I forget the name, but really enjoyed it. Might be worthwhile to do a rendition, though I'm sure that's not what people want.

From the Magic the Gathering guy? I think it was called Jyhad.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, I could see Paradox doing something more akin to Sunless Skies/Sees or Cultist Simulator than an RPG with limited replayability (even if Vampire the Masquerade has tons due to the different "classes/clans".

I could actually see it something more similar to a grandstrategy but with more emphasis on the small number of characters in your clan and dealing with secrecy.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I want to point out to wwm0nkey that PCGamer got wrong some information he put in the OP. The trademark they talk about, was signed in 2016, not in 2018, so 3 years ago.

Paradox also has moved to announcing new games with a somewhat "small" launch announcement (6-12 months) and they have said that this year would be quite exciting for them as a company (maybe not for us as gamers though, at least according to their Podcast).

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to be excited for a new WoD games, but I have to ask: did they fix the fact that the setting was being run by a bunch of homophobic/transphobic folks?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
My dream game is either Vampire the Masquerade RPG or The Secret World remake in the Snowdrop engine (The Division, especially 1 with all the moody lighting and fog and smoke).

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
So I signed up for this. It asks questions about a wheel of emotion and some other odd questions. Says it'll keep asking over the course of 6-8 weeks.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190214-170448.jpg

Paradox made a post in FB advertising the ARG and it was retweeted by most games from Paradox Studios...