• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
How can he say it's purely a cloud war when Google, one of the two companies MS says they're competing against, brought out the first "big" cloud-only platform and it's completely bombing? The cloud may be the future, years and years from now, but it's absolutely only one factor of the present.

This honestly sounds like a completely fabricated narrative based on little to no evidence to back it up, not to mention it ignoring that Sony has been working on game streaming for longer than MS in this space.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. Just wanted to see ResetEra's take on it as well as to what they think of this opinion.

Yeah not saying it was in bad faith, but just saying nothing meaningful comes from the "discussion" that arises from articles like these, as they're not intended to produce meaningful discussion the first place.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If we're still gonna have these threads it should at least be a lot clearer so I know what the source is before clicking on them. Cause 9/10 they suck.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On my google feed I literally get one stupid consolewarz take per day from Forbes contributors.

Can we please not?

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
It's a fine topic for discussion, but can we have a rule where threads that link to these types of articles are not allowed to use the same title of the discussed article for the thread title? I understand why Forbes needs inflammatory click-bait titles, but Era does not.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, OP. I'll bite.

The article is all about how streaming/the cloud/online multiplayer is the future and how eventually that'll be the only way to play games, and because of that MS will win.

I disagree with the premise, but MS does have good tech in the area. Although Sony already has a streaming service so that helps.

Sony has a streaming service? Are you sure?? Because some act like they don't.
Well even Microsoft admitted they see Amazon and Google as their main competitors going forward so this makes sense.

I'm more interested in traditional gaming experiences than multiplayer/gaas type games that Microsoft wants to chase so I hope Sony & Nintendo can continue their success for as long as possible until streaming finally ruins everything.

I had a reply but I'm already beaten:
How can he say it's purely a cloud war when Google, one of the two companies MS says they're competing against, brought out the first "big" cloud-only platform and it's completely bombing? The cloud may be the future, years and years from now, but it's absolutely only one factor of the present.

This honestly sounds like a completely fabricated narrative based on little to no evidence to back it up, not to mention it ignoring that Sony has been working on game streaming for longer than MS in this space.

And Amazon? Let's see them put their service out there first before we claim they're the competition. If anything, MS should see that Stadia is failing partly because there's no option for offline play.

Gonna need a console or PC at least.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
It's a fine topic for discussion, but can we have a rule where threads that link to these types of articles are not allowed to use the same title of the discussed article for the thread title? I understand why Forbes needs inflammatory click-bait titles, but Era does not.
I guess you are right. I just wanted to see how ResetEra takes that opinion and discusses it. I didn't mean for any console war thread. Wasn't thinking of that at all. I guess Moderators can lock this thread if we aren't discussing that take at all. No worries there. My bad.

Abaddonn

Dec 4, 2018
MS is aiming to sell services at this point, hardware is just a vehicle for that purpose, I really like that approach.

Don't worry, the article that says "Sony sold more than 100 million PS4, this isn't even a competition, is a massacre" is coming soon.

Nice try at trying to turn what I said into some sorta console war crap, I think ALL Forbes contributor articles should be banned including ones that bash MS or Nintendo, good attempt though.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Will Cloud be the mobile gaming of this gen in terms of doom and gloom ? I don't see it being a massive money maker (yet) especially if Xbox just bundle it in with Gamespass Ultimate.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Lolol

Says Xbox left Sony and Nintendo behind and now competes with Amazon and Google.

By the numbers, Sony and Nintendo are the ones leaving everyone else behind.

Not a good look. And a joke of an article.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I still maintain that The people who post Forbes Contributor articles here know exactly what they're doing.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I guess you are right. I just wanted to see how ResetEra takes that opinion and discusses it. I didn't mean for any console war thread. Wasn't thinking of that at all. I guess Moderators can lock this thread if we aren't discussing that take at all. No worries there. My bad.

It's all good man. It's definitely not the most egregious faux-pas I've seen on this site lately, lol.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Lol there is another new Forbes article just released titled

"The Xbox Series X Proves That Microsoft Still Cares About The Console Wars"

Why even give them any attention? It's all nonsense.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Locking because article is from a forbes contributor and on par with random message board console warring

Status
Not open for further replies.