• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Saw this in the Direct thread and It's true,

Monster Hunter Rise
Prince of Persia Remake
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy (rumored)
Balan Wonderland
King's Bounty 2

And than there's this

REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A HINT.

But he isn't wrong, maybe Nintendo will release a certain Pro...

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None of those scream "updated" console to me. Nintendo will probably have something announced come summer, maybe. Delay Bravely Default to early 2021, announce Bayo 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Prime 4, BotW 2 and yeah, I'll bite on that rumor.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
There's always a lot of games out at the end of March because of fiscal years ending. It's second Christmas.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop listed it for March, and the official website mentioned a Switch version coming 'later' at one point that I think got removed.
www.resetera.com

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake announced for Jan 21st 2021 [X1, PS4, PC] (Switch & Next-Gen Updates Later)

Experience the classic tale that redefined action-adventure gaming in The Sands of Time Remake, the first full-scale remake of Prince of Persia by Ubisoft. Available January 21, 2021.
Interestingly, surely the visuals don't suggest it'd need a Pro Switch, though. Especially if Gods and Monsters is releasing in December (and is way more graphics intensive).

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Hopefully that's the release of the new Switch.

I'm still not sure if I should sell my 2019 model yet, particularly when Super Mario Galaxy is just going to release.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the end of the fiscal year, there are always a ton of games that come out in March

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
I think people posting here may not understand that when Imran says something about Nintendo, he always knows more than it seems.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I like King's Bounty and all but you're padding your list a little man. Outside of Rise isn't most of that coming out on everything save maybe Xbox?

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Or it's the end of the fiscal year and publishers like saying "We've released this big hit this year give us more money"

This is my thinking too. Nintendo isn't dropping a hardware revision 3-4 months after their primary sales period (Christmas). That would piss a lot of customers off.

Edit: lol should've read the rest of the thread. Forgot about the N3DS 😆

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly Switch Pro, or they are just angling around next gen console launches

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Balan Wonderland could really use a nice boost. Honestly looks a bit rough on Switch

digreyfox

Nov 7, 2017
I think march would be an odd time to release.

A switch pro would make most sense launching alongside some relative powerhouse like a botw2 (which is years away) or some new Mario game.

Launching in march with no graphically significant games would only appeal to the enthusiast market, who will be too busy enjoying their new PS5/XBOX/3080's and ignoring their accountants' calls and global recession.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I think march would be an odd time to release.

A switch pro would make most sense launching alongside some relative powerhouse like a botw2 (which is years away) or some new Mario game.

Launching in march with no graphically significant games would only appeal to the enthusiast market, who will be too busy enjoying their new PS5/XBOX/3080's and ignoring their accountants' calls and global recession.

Eh, it's not years away.