• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 8, 2017
I have a thread with 0 replies; it was about a rather obscure VR vision therapy system, so not too surprising that no-one replied to it, and I didn't feel too disappointed about it.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Just make every thread about how Man of Steel was an underrated film and you'll be all set.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
And every day I see the same threads sticking around the first few pages that don't ever seem to go away.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It might get a bit out of control.

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Star Wars (Miscellaneous)
Mahvel Cinematic Universe Baby
Movies (No Capes or Jedis)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era
GIF ZONE NO TEXT JUST GIFS

This made me laugh because it's far too accurate.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I think more visibility to the "Latest Threads" feature would be helpful, e.g. if it were not just on the (collapsible on mobile) sidebar, but on the front page.

But in any case, I've made threads that had 0 replies, then after an hour or two someone replies to it, and a discussion brews.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any given thread has between 5 and 10 minutes to get the users' attention, otherwise it get to the 2nd page and it's gone forever.

Era moves WAY too fast. It needs more sub forums in my opinion

how about keeping new threads on the first page for a longer period - like a semi-sticky?

Dec 31, 2017
I want the mods to remove all posts from this thread and send it to the back. Only for it to be unearthed by some poor fool decades later.

Any given thread has between 5 and 10 minutes to get the users' attention, otherwise it get to the 2nd page and it's gone forever.

No bro that's the best part about this site, the participation and velocity is awesome.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Agreed, OT topics need to be less frequent and move to the hangouts area faster as well.

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era
More subforums? As if people actually like the hangouts. Pssh.
source.gif
how about keeping new threads on the first page for a longer period - like a semi-sticky?

if you guys want an in-depth explanation of what I mean with sub-forums, you can go watch this now-closed thread I opened a year and a half ago

https://www.resetera.com/threads/suggestion-a-new-sub-forum-for-everything-that-isnt-news.49395/

You can see Era's administration didn't really want to acknowledge the problem, let alone give a fuck about it.

Even if it wasn't possible to implement changes, they could have at least leave the topic open for discussion and see what users think, just to get some feedback.

but to stay on track, I firmly believe in a separation of news/leak/info and Opinions/lttp/rant threads. Where game's OTs fit, I am not sure

in any case, dividing them would be a win/win situation because let's be real, most people only care about reading and discussing news when browsing era, barely anyone cares about your nostalgia thread about some random PS2 game, as sad as it sounds.

gaming OT's and their spin-off threads for AAA games stay for weeks on the 1st page, basically taking the spot of opinion/rant threads

to ilustrate: 2 weeks prior and after TLOU2's release, you are wasting your time with your opinion/rant thread, it will disappear immediately. the only other threads with staying power are either next-gen threads, reveal threads and relevant news threads. It happened every single time with BotW, RDR2, etc...

I guess a divide would damage Era's financial bottomline (less clicks by diluting the userbase or something) but the problem is there.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
There are literally THOUSANDS of users on this forum at any given time. Over the course of days tens of thousands of people looked at what you wanted to discuss and said......"nah".

Bruh I would be so fucking embarrassed even though I shouldn't be.

Seriously, not one person could pitch in a "Sure, I agree" or "lol" or anything? I mean my shit can't even give a "first" ?

Shit is crazy.

Anybody else feel bad when their thread flops?

It's never fun when a thread flops, I have some threads that I put real effort into and nobody cares enough to post. Just got to deal with it and move on.

But, if you want go around bumping old threads, you go for it, best of luck to you though, because the mods don't take kindly to that.

Last edited:

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's never fun when a thread flips, I have somee threads that I put real effort into and nobody cares enough to post. Just got to a felt it and move on.

But, if you want go around bumping old threads, you go for it, best of luck to you though, because the mods don't take kindly to that.
Maybe overtake a mod and take their spot

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just add one sentence at the end of each of your threads, no matter the topic, saying something like "TLJ is a great/horrible movie" or "Scorcese is absolutely right/dead wrong about Marvel films". Bam, every one of your threads is at least 10 pages minimum.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Carve out tv and movies to it's own area. It shouldn't have to compete with election years and "Era, i just had a car door closed on my arm and it looks weird now, what should i do?" Threads.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly agree. Dumping everything into two large hoppers makes it tough for some good threads to thrive. If you dont get that running start your thread is dead in the water.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Every thread I start either gets 0 or very few replies. I must be very boring.

The last one I wanted to discuss Sony 360 audio so maybe no one else has it, that's what I'm tell myself anyways.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era

Games
News
People who need cancelling
Weeb shit
Star wars
Nihilism

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Carve out tv and movies to it's own area. It shouldn't have to compete with election years and "Era, i just had a car door closed on my arm and it looks weird now, what should i do?" Threads.

yeah and that is about the Off-topic forum, which isn't the main reason why people come to Era.

This forum has never gone through a year in which new hardware is released.

2020 will have PS5, Scarlett, TLOU2, RE3Re, most probably BotW2, and a shitton of other things that have the needed relevance to stay long enough in the 1st page

If it has been hard to make non-news thread visible until now, 2020 is going to be literally impossible, at that point mods would be smart to discourage people from posting any lttps/rants/random threads.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Every thread I start either gets 0 or very few replies. I must be very boring.

The last one I wanted to discuss Sony 360 audio so maybe no one else has it, that's what I'm tell myself anyways.

i often find the posters that are interesting to read don't necessarily post new threads a lot, but do get involved in threads

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I have one about who's behind Bad Lip Reading. I dont mind because if Im right it'll boomerang back someday.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I am just too lazy and too slow for making threads about real events. And as far as original ideas go, I feel I couldn't produce anything that could rival the kind of baffling insane shit that gets posted here. Maybe if I ever feel like posting when I'm really drunk and don't feel like sleeping yet.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I once put a mountain of effort into a thread comparing narrative styles of various games (portal vs the last of us vs rdr2), like at least 1500 words, and I was like "ok this is it, my magnum opus" and hit post and ....... It got precisely zero replies.

I honestly think if I rewrote the title as "Portal pushed more boundaries in storytelling than TLOU" or something it would have gotten more hits. Or even more "TLOU is not good story telling, but Portal is" that would have gotten the most but it wouldn't have been my true point.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
A mod or admin should delete all the posts in this thread and let it hang on misteriously to the first page for a while and make new replies not show up on it.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made a thread about a Guardian opinion piece that got only one reply essentially saying 'well duh that's kinda obvious'. And well, they weren't lying lol. Made me wish i didn't make the thread at the time but who cares? It was a good enough article and if it got people to read it that's enough.

I also once made a thread about Splinter Cell Double Agent that was pretty comprehensive and had a reasonable personal critique of the game. It got exactly one reply. From me, bumping it.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017

Gaming
Gaming OTS
Smash Bros Speculation
Off Topic
Off Topic OTs
Marvel
Star Wars

I just saved the forum

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I kinda dread it... : (

By the time I posted this, I'm still a virgin (of creating threads on ResetEra).
Eh, if you have something interesting you want to shout into the void I say go for it! I've only made 2 threads, my first one blew up because it had a catchy title and negative slant on a popular game. The other was about something I care significantly more about, discovering new music and signal boosting lesser known musicians, unfortunately it gained little traction but you win some you lose some, it's rare you will get no replies even if your thread doesn't gain a lot of traction. You miss 100% of shots you don't take and all that.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm definitely in there somewhere. It's a shitty feeling (especially when you see some of the shit that does get replies) but ultimately you just have to accept, regardless if it's a new topic or just an additional post, there are so many users here it's very easy to be missed and feel like you aren't a part of the "community". I would say about 80% of my posts went unread and unnoticed so now I put zero effort into them or abandon replying at all and just treat Era like a news source.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Modern Gaming
Retro Gaming
VR Gaming
Mobile Gaming
Conference Hype
Awards Hype
Console Warzone
The Well of Despair

General Off Topic
Star Wars (PT)
Star Wars (OT)
Star Wars (ST, 7 and 9)
Star Wars (TLJ)
Trump Dump
Dragon Ball Z
Non-Dragon Ball Z Anime
Weekend Era
You're probably going to break out Trump too.

Trump (Twitter Fuckery)
Trump (Impeachment Proceeings)
Trump (Other)
Politics

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's nothing compared to the rush of posting in a thread and being the last reply.

Yeah I seem to be good at killing threads.

The worst is when you are incredibly active in a thread making several cogent, well thought out posts and wait with baited breath to see any sort of reply and get nothing...

"Someone.... anyone.... :("

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I've made quite a few threads that bombed. And will likely make more. Sorry everyone.