• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

0-0:30 - real shit
1:15 - 1:25 real shit
2:50 - end REAL SHIT!!

everything else - i sleep

0 - 0:36 real shit
1:47 - 2:15 real shit
2:40 - 3:33 REAL SHIT!!
everything else - i sleep

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
What drives me nuts are metal bands that can actually sing, but they fill in parts between actual singing with screaming, growling, and yelling.

I check out during those parts or I switch to another song. I can't relate and I don't enjoy it.

Really sucks sometimes, I've actually audibly said out loud with disgust (usually while riding down the road) "come on guys you can actually sing incredibly well and you ruin it with this?!". 🤷🏼‍♂️

So many bands with incredible talent vocally, and they ruin it with that trash. Irritates the heck out of me, but I just deal with it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
What drives me nuts are metal bands that can actually sing, but they fill in parts between actual singing with screaming, growling, and yelling.

I check out during those parts or I switch to another song. I can't relate and I don't enjoy it.

Really sucks sometimes, I've actually audibly said out loud with disgust (usually while riding down the road) "come on guys you can actually sing incredibly well and you ruin it with this?!". 🤷🏼‍♂️

So many bands with incredible talent vocally, and they ruin it with that trash. Irritates the heck out of me, but I just deal with it.
To that I say:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is this what would qualify for you?

Personally I love the verses and the intensity of the whole thing, but I can see how it would be an acquired taste.

Oct 27, 2017
Come to the light, OP. Get used to growling vocals, and a whole world of melodic and/or progressive death metal awaits. We have such sights to show you.

(I think this song has the least growling in the album.)

Although I'm more of a prog fan myself.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017

I feel exactly the opposite. So many bands with great chops and killer growled vocals ruining their tracks with cheesy b-tier arena rock choruses

Maybe they should stop mixing the styles and cater to one taste or another

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Is this what would qualify for you?

Personally I love the verses and the intensity of the whole thing, but I can see how it would be an acquired taste.

Come to the light, OP. Get used to growling vocals, and a whole world of melodic and/or progressive death metal awaits. We have such sights to show you.

(I think this song has the least growling in the album.)

Although I'm more of a prog fan myself.

these werent quite my tempo unfortunately

Oct 27, 2017

I'm the opposite. As soon as I hear clean vocals I'm done. Keep that wimpy shit in hair metal and pop please.

I feel exactly the opposite. So many bands with great chops and killer growled vocals ruining their tracks with cheesy b-tier arena rock choruses

Maybe they should stop mixing the styles and cater to one taste or another
My man.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I had a death metal band I sang for in Tokyo for a bit, so you can probably guess that I like unclean vocals. I remember making fun of my friends in high school who listened to metalcore and stuff, and I'd imitate the growls. It got to a point where my friends were like, "Hey... you're actually pretty good at that," and I started to appreciate it. It is totally an acquired taste, and I personally think it's super suiting for heavy stuff.

If the black metal and death metal I listened to had clean vocals, I think I'd be a bit thrown off.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the opposite - there are a lot of songs with a good lyric section that go flat for me once the chorus kicks in.