• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The Haunting… anthology franchise may have spooked up its last scare after creator Mike Flanagan said that there are no plans to continue the Netflix series.

Flanagan, who created The Haunting Of Hill House and The Haunting Of Bly Manor, made the statement on Twitter, in response to a fan question about its future.

"At the moment there are no plans for more chapters. Never say never, of course, but right now we are focused on a full slate of other Intrepid [Pictures] projects for 2021 and beyond. If things change we will absolutely let everyone know," he wrote.

Deadline understands that they have other character-driven genre projects in the works with the streamer.

deadline.com

‘The Haunting Of Bly Manor’ Creator Mike Flanagan Reveals There Are No Plans For Future Chapters

The Haunting… anthology franchise may have spooked up its last scare after creator Mike Flanagan said that there are no plans to continue the Netflix series. Flanagan, who created The Haunting Of Hill House and The Haunting Of Bly Manor, made the statement on Twitter, in response to a fan...

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
that's a bit of a shame. I figured it had at least 1 or 2 additional seasons left in it before the concept became worn out.

Nov 13, 2017
He had a pop culture phenomenon with season one and he completely blew it with season two.

200.gif

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Whaaaaat last I heard they were signed on for multiple more seasons.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
fuck this. Keep making them.

Also season 2 is better than season 1.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant mine any more sci-fi space time tropes to throw in his ghost stories.

Seriously though, love this man's work, but that second season was really hard to get into until the last 3 or four episodes. First one is a classic though.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bummer, I loved Bly Manor.

(People didn't like it? Thought it was way better than Hill House, purely on acting alone)

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
For people worried, he just finished filming another horror mini series for Netflix. And he's directing all the episodes for this again unlike season 2 of Haunting

DreamRunner

Banned
Sep 14, 2020
The second season was pretty bad and most people I know didn't like it (myself included), so I am not really surprised.

Oct 25, 2017
He had a pop culture phenomenon with season one and he completely blew it with season two.

200.gif
I know that people usually aren't as sincerely incensed as the gifs they post, but damn calm yourself. Surely any failure by a creative is not on purpose yes?

Either way, he will never read this thread, so why even bother getting so bothered about it here?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why people are already trashing Bly Manor in this thread. It might not have been scary, but it did a good job of making me cry.

For people worried, he just finished filming another horror mini series for Netflix. And he's directing all the episodes for this again unlike season 2 of Haunting
And Rahul Kohli's back too. Hell yeah

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Shame, I really liked season 2 but I guess most people kept asking "BuT WhErE aRe dAh sPOokY gHoSTS?!" so Netflix shelved it.

Mainstream horror is never going to evolve. People want their instant gratification and scary noises to tell themselves they were afraid.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm unexpected. Thought there would be still enough space for new stories to tell/adapt . I loved Hill House and Bly Manor. Both shows felt kinda different and same at the same time. But they aren't out of the world. But if they have no ideas, that's fine. Better not to force anything and focus on other interesting projects like Midgnight Massaker.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm sure they will do another down the road, def needs some time to rest though with how weird S2 was.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
What a shame, I enjoyed Bly Manor so much more. But at least it was an anthology so we at least get two complete stories.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why people are already trashing Bly Manor in this thread. It might not have been scary, but it did a good job of making me cry.
Yeah it was more gothic romance than horror, so I'd get being disappointed that it wasn't scary enough or gory enough compared to Hill House. But bad? I thought it was excellent.