• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Dunno what gave people the idea there was a special arrangement. Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything in the statement from them
Probably because the last time this happened (Arkham Knight), there actually was a special arrangement to grant refunds without restrictions.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Their statement was garbage. They misled regarding refunds and they blatantly lied about the last gen versions.

They are transphobic. The game is transphobic.

Fuck CDPR. Fuck Cyberpunk 2077.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe how fast CDPR went from darling of the industry to one it's greatest villains in a handful of days. Serves them right though.

Oct 27, 2017
People still give them the benefit of the doubt.

They built up a lot of good will over the years with their consumer friendly practices, it seems that despite their best efforts that is more durable than expected.
I'm just annoyed that this is what's cracking the armor for people. Not the history of bigotry, not the wink wink nudge nudge to shitty parts of the community, but only when it directly affects the Gamers™

Bleh

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Companies doing AAA releases early to cash in while working on 1-2 patches to fix the broken mess they released really needs to stop.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what gave people the idea there was a special arrangement. Sounds more like wishful thinking than anything in the statement from them

I don't get it also. CDPR might refund it themselves if a seller doesn't want to - atleast that's what I got from their statement. Why would Microsoft and Sony want to lose their money?

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
While I understand the refund policies on the consoles are... less than perfect... CDPR presenting it as a refund they were handling is scummy as fuck.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just annoyed that this is what's cracking the armor for people. Not the history of bigotry, not the wink wink nudge nudge to shitty parts of the community, but only when it directly affects the Gamers™. Bleh
The average gamer was never going to be onboard with this cause, and that's before we even get to the chuds who get off directly opposing it.

I won't lie though, it's good to see the community they carefully cultivated buck from under them after they put aside all notion of responsibility.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never regreted buying a game at launch this much before lol

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I said it once and I'll say it again. Sony and Microsoft are complicit in the BS and they deserve to be dragged through the coals as well. CDPR deserves more crap for misleading people, but the platform holders deserve ALOT of grief over certifying the game and now refusing refunds.

It now makes sense why Microsoft, who had the Cyberpunk marketing rights, didnt shout from the rooftops how great of an experience it was on XSX. They knew and they stayed the hell away from any messaging.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That thread is the result of cdpr throwing Sony under the bus. Sticking to that thread exclusively would be a PR success for cdpr
Sony, MS and Nintendo should change and improve their refund polices tho. I know that this is not their fault but their refund polices are super flawed. But that's another topic.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
LOLOLOLOL

So they said the last gen version ran surprisingly good, hid it from reviewers till launch, it was then revealed that they run like shit, they released a public statement about how they will update the game in Jan/Feb but that if you are unhappy you can refund your purchase and they understand it, but then it is revealed that they are now owning to their shit at all and the refund will just work like any other refund, they are not makign an exception which means they actually think 'fuck you' and we keep your money.

what a scummy company, cmon. I havent even played Witcher 3 and all this continuous fuck up just makes me want not to try a CDPR game at all.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Locking threads about Cyberpunk is like locking out Trump news. I know you mean well mods but you are just making the discussion worse and helping cdpr by not letting people talk about individual problems.
The problem is that the majority of people engaging with Cyberpunk discussions didn't care about the problems alot of us had with the transphobic elements of the game and the company. People unleashing burner and troll accounts to argue with us and attack us for simply spreading awareness and detailing how the game and company have been transphobic. Now that the game is a buggy mess, everyone's complaining that it deserves more threads about the issues and restricting threads is "helping CDPR".

It's just showing where alot of people's priorities lie. When the transphobia was called out, we were told to shut up and several of us even harassed. But now that the game has turned out to be a buggy mess, it's more important to people for the one OT thread rule to be lifted so that we don't "help" CDPR, which was only set in place because people ignored the transphobic problems and turned it into a fight against us because they would rather support CDPR than listen to how the game poorly represents us.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking back, a year ago, when CDPR said they would support smart delivery (aka buy it once and play on old or next gen) people praised them for being consumer friendly. Now it all makes sense why they did that. Not because they cared about being consumer friendly, but because they knew how messy their game was on old gen.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I made a PSA thread about how bad the console versions are on launch day and it immediately got locked. It was a summary from 3 different articles reporting the same thing. I honestly think that it would help people, especially who are still on the fence at launch.
If you honestly think your thread would help, then contact staff first and discuss it with them. Maybe come to the pinned thread and ask the trans community there directly what they think about having a thread that highlights a specific issue.

This is a community, right? Let's actually think about the minority members of it, especially in a situation like this.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These are the same guys who :
- said the PS4/Xbox One versions were looking good
- embargoed reviews after launch
- made it sound like they had a refund policy

So of course they didn't have one. Clown shoes.

I'm all for limiting discussing this game because they're also bigots and don't deserve the exposure and marketing they've had here thanks to that MAGA boy you all went to bat for, but we should keep at the very least one thread to document this abysmal failure of a launch.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
These are the same guys who :
- said the PS4/Xbox One versions were looking good
- embargoed reviews after launch
- made it sound like they had a refund policy

So of course they didn't have one. Clown shoes.

I'm all for limiting discussing this game because they're also bigots and don't deserve the exposure and marketing they've had here thanks to that MAGA boy you all went to bat for, but we should keep at the very least one thread to document this abysmal failure of a launch.
I agree that a megathread about refunds is a good idea and the other one should suffice for that.

I think its in bad taste for people to keep complaining that threads are getting locked considering the reason they are getting locked.

Where was the push for slating CDPR before this mess? People ignored and sometimes harassed the trans community and allies who were against CDPR, but as as soon as they were personally affected its all "We demand to be heard!", "We need to get the information out there" etc and its just bizzare lol

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If you honestly think your thread would help, then contact staff first and discuss it with them. Maybe come to the pinned thread and ask the trans community there directly what they think about having a thread that highlights a specific issue.

This is a community, right? Let's actually think about the minority members of it, especially in a situation like this.
That was not a hype thread at all and I made it perfectly clear, so I thought it should be fine as there were a couple of other threads opened as well that day. I didn't know about having to contact the community first to create one. So I guess that's where I messed up and I feel sorry for that.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
  1. Release broken game
  2. Apologize and offer refunds for PR points
  3. Dont state that the refunds will still work under current policies rather than actually open refunds
  4. Get confused players mad at respective platform holders and shift the blame to them
  5. ???
  6. Profit
Pretty much. What a garbage company.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That was not a hype thread at all and I made it perfectly clear, so I thought it should be fine as there were a couple of other threads opened as well that day. I didn't know about having to contact the community first to create one. So I guess that's where I messed up and I feel sorry for that.
It's about being respectful, and simply reaching out before you take action. There is no rule in place about reaching out to the community first, but that could go a long way.

It would, of course, allow you to also make your case for the thread itself and have more of a chance of it being kept up.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
rhpqXpR.jpg

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for 'normal' gamers who may not be as tuned in, but if you frequent forums and follow 'the conversation' around video games, there was no shortage of people screaming how this would be an ievitable trash fire on the old machines for the last 2+ years.

And yeah, Sony's chat support is fucking useless. You might as well be speaking to a bot. There's almost no point using that method when you need genuine assistance.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I still give them a chance remembering they also improved previous games by alot.

However if it turns out that they wont change anything or dont even try to improve things despite last gen performance (which I think is very doubtful unless they lower the graphics quality even more) I will probably change my mind.

The game on many corners reminds me of a superficial game without much depth in the open world. Some things seem to be thrown together in a hurry without working as described (eg you dont get the small.amount of.money for killing enemies like the tutorial after the ripperdoc mission tells you).
This seems like it was forgotten or coordination in.development was bad.

Also you can see so many things that were clearly set up to be a feature in.the game but were abondend. Eg the shooting range which is accessible and shootable but without any mini game features.
Or braindaces. Or subways which now are just another fast travel point like all the others.
Also you can open the trunks of.cars and also the hood. You can put dead bodies in there but thats it. It seems like they planned some more features for it.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Not even shocking. Everything CDPR do is a shit show right now.

At least it finally dropped below 90.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
When you rely on a game to move your next-gen consoles, one would assume an arrangement would be inplace in case that game for example turns out to brick all your consoles or in this case is a technical disaster to the point where people want refunds.

It to me appears CDPR is not in a position to process the refunds maybe because it would seriously fuck with their cash flow, but the platform holders in this case seems to not care about their users and just refund the money and deal with the deficit later? It's not like they are starving for cash.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
This has been one of the biggest falls from grace I have seen in a while. All that goodwill from The Witcher destroyed.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The good old misdirection play. Now you can't identify a guilty party.

Please don't lock this

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. This. The OT goes too fast, and all of this important news is getting drowned.
You do understand why threads are being locked, did you even read the staff posts in the OT?

You do understand why a thread like this is different to most of the other threads that got closed, right?

I swear some of you aren't even trying to understand this...

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You do understand why threads are being locked, did you even read the staff posts in the OT?

You do understand why a thread like this is different to most of the other threads that got closed, right?

I swear some of you aren't even trying to understand this...

This.

Era had an opportunity to have reasonable discourse on this game, and instead it chose to gaslight the trans community for months on the back of an alt-right chud. It should come as no surprise that a community behaving like children is treated like children.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what did I miss? I remember that username as the dude with the CP77 avatar who kept hyping up the game.
The MAGA asshole fooled mods so they believed he actually had good intentions and didn't want to cause problems just like how CDPR fooled GamersTM into thinking they were one of the good companies and they valued their fanbase.