• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Green Day performing at TGA is Cyberpunk 2077 related?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 90 60.4%

• Total voters

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So it's speculated that Green Day could be contributing a song to the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack.

In the Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive video, there is a song with vocals that many think sounds like Green Day and Jeff Keighley confirmed on Twitter in this video at 5:50 that they are performing there because their song is tied to a game. Green Day is famous for being a punk-themed band and fits in with the theme of Cyberpunk nicely.

What do you think Era? Could Green Day be on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack?

Give me the ol' "21 Guns" if old.

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
thumb_now-thats-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-a-long-63784856.png

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
They already commissioned music from one over-the-hill punk band (Refused) so this honestly makes sense to me.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it's hard to take them seriously anyway (that new song of theirs is...something), so they might as well sell out as much as they can.

/edit: oh boy they have another new song. Why are they still called Green Day, their new sound isn't even a genre. I used to love them so much, but they're a complete joke now. Oh well, the old stuff still exists I suppose.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyber yikes

Edit:
To expand on my thoughts - Green Day is meh, and also most live performances at any awards show are realllllly bad.

Last edited:

closer

Oct 25, 2017
gettin a slushy from 7/11, listening to american idiot and thinking it's high art, popping cyberpunk into the ole xbox and messing w/ ppl in an imaginary world, seems on brand

i expect the depiction of dystopian corps to be similar to a green day fan's image of them

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
I walk these empty streets
On the boulevard in 2077
Don't know where it goes
But its home to me on my home console.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I hope they also get music from some current punk bands like Savages, Nails, Death Grips, etc. and it's not just reheated 80s/90s bands.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
what if keanu was the bassist and the actual bassist stands on the side of the stage and forlornly watches them

then it is revealed that the bassist is playing through keanu's body using an implant, cyberpunk baby

closer

Oct 25, 2017
would it be good or bad if in-game keanu says "you're breathtaking" in the context of you murdering someone