• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I live with my parents. I think they're hesitant but still do desire to get the vaccine sometime in the next few months, though they're not eligible yet. However, they regularly see my grandparents, who are likely in their last years of life, since they don't want to miss seeing them before they pass away. My grandparents believe in some conspiracy theory that the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself, and have not gotten it despite having been eligible for several weeks now. Additionally, they've already started attending in-person church. I think they kinda lowkey believe that God gives them some holy protection against the virus or something.

Like....what is one even supposed to do in a situation like this? I guess I just quarantine and avoid seeing people as long as possible but still. I'm scared my grandparents could get infected at church and infect everyone else. I'm scared that even after my parents and I get the vaccine, we won't be able to go out and see people (including friends, other family, significant other) for months because of this. I can't convince my parents not to see my grandparents either, and we can't talk my grandparents into getting vaccinated right now.

This has got me even more worried for other people who actually do live with parents or other people who don't want to get vaccinated. They're basically trapped in a situation where they can't do anything. Hell, imagine being a kid whose parents don't want to vaccinate them. That's terrifying.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
my parents think the vaccine is the mark of the beast and that anyone who gets it will burn in hell forever/it turns people into chimeras/it's the government trying to genocide the population, so

im gonna get it and just never tell them otherwise i'd never hear the end of it

you only have control over yourself, so your parents/grandparents are just gonna do what they're gonna do :/

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Sadly there's nothing you can do. Just do your part and get the vaccine when you're eligible to do so, and maybe they'll come around once they see nothing happened to you. The more people are getting it, the more opinions are changing for the better in regard to the safety and people being more willing to get it.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I do and my mother is going to kick off if I get it (It's my house, she's staying as has no money). So going to have to lie or get a ton of shit about it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Force them to be alone in a room with a sad puppy, that's been trained to react positively to vaccinated people. After 10 minutes they won't stand the pressure of those sad puppy eyes and will beg to be vaccinated.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
If you can't convince them (and it's totally understandable if you can't, because old people can be really fucking stubborn), then all you can do is get vaccinated to do your part. At least it reduces the number of vectors of infection for them.