• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Banger?

• Go Go Power Rangers

Votes: 263 53.2%
  • I want to be the very best

Votes: 231 46.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
the one I actually choose to listen to sometimes in my car because it rocks so hard

in either original flavor

or extra spicey

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
while "i want to be the very best" is really good power rangers is just to good and iconic, plus a lot of it's variations just feel me a continuation of that song

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Suggestion for new poll

2BA Master
VS
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A Rock Adventure

Misty's Song vs the Bulk & Skull theme

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
If Power Rangers didn't rely so much on the OG theme to make new ones to the point where it's annoying I'd consider picking it, but Pokemon's OG theme just hits so good.

Neither of their OG themes are their best though.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
If Power Rangers didn't rely so much on the OG theme to make new ones to the point where it's annoying I'd consider picking it, but Pokemon's OG theme just hits so good.

actually until neo saban came around power rangers stopped really relying on gogo to make variations after lost galaxy, the epilogue to the zordon era

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Didn't they stop doing that with Megaforce? So really only 4 years of reusing it and two shows.

If you mean the use of the phrase and guitar riff. I mean that's just keeping the show connected of its history.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I know, avatar to get the bias out of the way, but I genuinely think the power rangers theme is overrated. It isn't even the best PR theme

Last edited:

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers winning this is the strongest evidence yet that humanity has lost its way.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
Both are cool but Power Rangers more so. PR theme is a good running/workout song. Also, guitar solo. And the Buckethead version is not bad.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Didn't they stop doing that with Megaforce? So really only 4 years of reusing it and two shows.

If you mean the use of the phrase and guitar riff. I mean that's just keeping the show connected of its history.

"Only 4 years"

yeah... neo saban is just going to be a stain on the franchise but i have to admit Dinocharges opening like the show itself is actually pretty good

I'll agree that the OP is pretty good, and of the Neo Saban series I watched yes it would be my pick as "best" but that's not exactly a great achievement.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
I actually never felt that attached to the dub Pokemon theme song. The OG japanese Digimon op would have been closer for me.

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
As much as I love the original Pokemon theme, nothing hypes me more than an awesome cover of the original Power Rangers theme.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
It's tough.

Power Rangers has the better riff.

Pokemon has better lyrics.

I'd probably give it to Power Rangers because I have a weakness for guitar music, but just barely.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the guy who made the Pokemon theme song got a flat fee instead of a royalty. He must be kicking himself.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
they both rule hardcore, but pokemon's gotta win this one hands down. it's got that reach.

i'd love to see a theatre full of people sing the power rangers theme song!

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Both are really good songs though I think the Power Rangers theme song does a better job of getting you pumped up for the show so i went with that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
"Only 4 years"

I'll agree that the OP is pretty good, and of the Neo Saban series I watched yes it would be my pick as "best" but that's not exactly a great achievement.
4 years out of 27 is not a lot.

But yeah NeoSaban series was shit. It was funny watching the Fandom thinking it was a dawn of a new golden age only to have it probably be the darkest part of the history.