• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Please note that I understand that this could go against the rules here but I feel it's my obligation to have Julian's voice heard. I tried contacting a member of the moderation team to find out where I can put this but they are so far unavailable it seems. If admins or mods think this is inappropriate then close it.

This happened in my hometown in the UK

www.change.org

Sign the Petition

Justice for JULIAN COLE!

In 2013 Julian tried getting a refund for his ticket at a local nightclub, he was forcefully taken down to the ground twice, once by private security and again by several police officers. CCTV captured when his limp body was dragged into the back of a police van. Instead of being taken to hospital he was taken to the police station first.

Julian suffered a broken neck, spinal cord injury which resulted in brain damage, he has spent the last 5 years in a vegetative state where he remains in Residential Care.

What happened to the police: On 22 October 2018 a police misconduct panel composed of John Bassett, Superintendent Sue Jameson and Diane Carter reached a verdict that three officers of the Bedfordshire Police Service, who were involved in the arrest and detention of Julian Cole, who suffered catastrophic injuries were found guilty of gross misconduct and were immediately dismissed by Bedfordshire Police. The fourth officer, PS Withey, was found guilty of misconduct in relation to his failure to direct that Julian be taken to hospital ahead of a police station. He received a final written warning.

PC Hannah Ross, PC Nicholas Oates, PC Sanjeev Kalyan and PS Andrew Withey faced gross misconduct charges arising from their failures to conduct any adequate welfare checks on Julian after two periods of restraint, before manhandling him into the van, or whilst he was in the police van.

PC Hannah Ross, PC Nicholas Oates and PC Sanjeev Kalyan were also accused of making false entries in their pocket note books on 6 May 2013 and providing fabricated accounts of events in interviews to give the impression that Julian was able to support his own body.

While I know there are thousands of young black people who face injustice and their voices fall silent, I feel I need to make Julian's heard, and I think Era is a good platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Artificial bump, I don't want this case to get lost. It's too important to me. Sorry for the DP.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little early in some parts of the world. This thread will be seen later for sure but holy shit that story is disgusting.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Absolutely horrible. Does it help signing when not from your region?

That's a great question, one that I don't have a 100% answer to, on one hand the more signatures the better, however I'm not sure if signatures outside the UK will be counted? I know government petitions are for UK constituents only, but Change dot org allows for international signatures.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks OP, there are so many horrific stories about police brutality that its hard to keep track. Petition signed. That poor guy and his poor family, the picture on the petition is heartbreaking.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck me. Them giving false accounts says it all, too. Imagine doing that to someone, something so horrible, and your only thought is to just cover your own back. Protect yourself.

Signed. What a bunch of cunts.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Yeah, I was absolutely disgusted to hear that they were only fired and even then after a long fight.

Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

Signed obvs.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Signed.

Just another reminder that police aren't just a problem in the US. They'll target and bully minorities in the UK regardless of your social standing. I get pulled over a couple of times a month for "random checks", I've been followed all the way to my house by a police car, I've been detained and charged with a crime I didn't commit due to literally no investigation (cleared of all charges in court later).

Police racism is a lot more hidden in the UK than it is in the States (in part due to the lack of firearms imo), but for those of us who have got too much melanin, these bastards are a threat.

ACAB.
Edit: didn't want to make the post about me, but just wanted to shed some light from personal experience.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Signed.

Just another reminder that police aren't just a problem in the US. They'll target and bully minorities in the UK regardless of your social standing. I get pulled over a couple of times a month for "random checks", I've been followed all the way to my house by a police car, I've been detained and charged with a crime I didn't commit due to literally no investigation (cleared of all charges in court later).

Police racism is a lot more hidden in the UK than it is in the States (in part due to the lack of firearms imo), but for those of us who have got too much melanin, these bastards are a threat.

ACAB.
Edit: didn't want to make the post about me, but just wanted to shed some light from personal experience.

Absolutely. In the highest profile case of police brutality in Scotland (Sheku Bayoh) recently, the victim was also black. 5 years later and they have announced a public enquiry. There's been no charges brought and the police have blamed it on drugs rather than racism. He had 23 separate injuries.

I've signed the petition for Julian Cole, I hope he gets justice.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks OP, there are so many horrific stories about police brutality that its hard to keep track. Petition signed. That poor guy and his poor family, the picture on the petition is heartbreaking.

I have a family member in a residential home and that's just from natural causes, It's not only emotionally heartbreaking and draining, but lands a financial strain on the victim's finances too, I cannot fathom what his family is going through when it was something like this. :( I can't afford much but I chucked some money their way.

I'm glad this has raised awareness of him and his family.

Signed.

ACAB.

Don't be sorry it's good to talk about injustices. Everyone is welcome to share theirs in this thread :)

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Signed and donated. This is a heartbreaking case, and an example of why the BLM movement is important here too. I'll post this interview with George the Poet which mentions this case:

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Signed. #ACAB all over the world.

To those who asked this past weekend, why protest? This is why.

Oct 27, 2017
Signed, donated and shared.

Yet another young breh criminally robbed of the quality of his life and a future ripped apart by unjust policing.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That is horrifying to read :(

Hope Julian is getting all the support he needs, and gets justice.

Donated £50 to his gofundme.