• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

A whooping 40mins of detailed review goodness. First part goes through the story, followed by the game design/combat and compares the game to its predecessor R&C 1. Wrapped up with discussion about the bonus content, new content and a "new game plus" mode this game offered.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, his R&C videos are really incisive. Can't wait to dig in to this.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy singlehandedly saved the reputation of Ratchet: Deadlocked.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Was a great Video. 2 is still my fave in the Franchise but he made some really strong points about the difference in design between Ratchet 1 and well all the Sequels essentially and how some concepts of 1 might have been better in the long run if Insomniac further developed the Franchise in that direction instead of were they went with 2.
These days i honestly would really like a Ratchet Games without weapon levelling that instead gives you many creative options how to combine weapons with each other in combat encounters.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love this guy. I used to confuse him with Whitelight and Chris Davis lol.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
he's right about ratchet's portrayal being what made duo dynamic interesting in the first game. I remember finding it off-putting, but these retrospectives and how dull character-wise the 2016 remake was have made it clear it was better. They should go back to the original VA if possible, especially now that the current actor is a COVID-denying conspiracy theorist

Would also like to see some moderately more strategic combat (re)introduced since the series has gotten somewhat stale in that regard. There are hardly any interesting new weapon types by Into the Nexus, and you're usually just playing the same way no matter what weapon is being used—just constantly strafe and flip. If there was more that could be done with weapons and their upgrades beyond doing more DPS (e.g. doing environmental damage and collapsing structures), then I'd be fine with the current combat.

OP
OP
TheRealTalker

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
After this video he has wrapped up all the main line PS2 games, including Gladiator/Deadlocked.

It would be nice to see him tackle Rift Apart once it comes out.