• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been on a Civ 6 kick lately, and have been playing with the expansions for the first time. Now, all Civ music is generally great, and has me humming along while playing, and even long after. And we've had at least one thread on Baba Yetu, which rightly gets a lot of praise. But the Zulu theme honestly floors me. Whenever I start up a new Civ 6 campaign, and Zulu is on the map, I get excited.

I just sat and listened to the above track on its own yesterday after looking up the soundtrack on Spotify, giving it my undivided attention. I was quickly reminded that humanity is capable of creating such beautiful things. That probably sounds like an exaggeration, but it honestly lights up my soul. And there are plenty of video game soundtracks that I fawn over. Anyone who knows me knows how much of a Supergiants Games fan I am (particularly Pyre). I am obsessed with the soundtrack from both Nier games etc. But it's been a while since I've been so touched by a video game song. Civ games are brilliant games in their own right, but I think the soundtracks are a good enough reason to play them on their own.

As mentioned in the title, I'd love to hear video game tracks that touch you all in similar ways.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Basically anything from Chrono Cross, but specifically The Bend of Time and Ephemeral Memory. Just unbelievably beautiful songs that helped me through a hard time in my life.

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
I didn't know about this track and this thread made my Saturday morning about........... 1000% betterer :D

I woke up groggy and tired and then I put this music on and now I'm smiling and happy :D

Thank you, Mist !!! * ___ *

Um... i'm really bad with recalling specific songs, but recently I've been listening to the OST of Machinarium. It's soooooooo cute~

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I always liked the music from Civ, this one especially is fantastic

OP
OP

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The opening of DQ. All of Child if Light. Halo.

I recently started playing Halo MCC for the first time (it's my first time playing any Halo). The soundtrack impressed me so quickly. I was playing with a friend and must have said "yo... the soundtrack is amazing" at least five times during our first session haha.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

"Totems of the Grizzlemaw" from WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. It's the theme for the zone Grizzly Hills - which is my favorite zone in the entire game. It's just so peaceful.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

"Totems of Grizzlemaw" from WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. It's the theme for the zone Grizzly Hills - which is my favorite zone in the entire game. It's just so damn peaceful.

Oh man, I loved that area. Northrend had so many great areas.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Homecoming, which is the ending song for Horizon Zero Dawn.

Aloy finds Elisabet's body, a woman who gave up her life, literally, to save the world. As she observes a globe clutched in Elisabet's hand, a conversation between GAIA and Elisabeth plays in the background. It informs the player about the motivations behind Elisabet's altruism and her worldview.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two very different songs but i can't help but feel thankful to be alive and able to experience things when i hear them and others.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Are we allowed to cheat and use remixes of songs from games? Because if so, I've been listening to this one so, so much recently.

If not, I'll at least throw this one in here as a relevant answer:

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
For a Civ representing a leader with a violent history, the Zulu theme is quite harmonious indeed

Nov 16, 2017
I love Suicide Mission from Mass Effect 2. It captured the epic feel of that final mission while also being inspirational.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we allowed to cheat and use remixes of songs from games? Because if so, I've been listening to this one so, so much recently.

If not, I'll at least throw this one in here as a relevant answer:

That orchestrated version of Hopes & Dreams is sublime. And I was wondering when a Journey track would be posted. :> And you posted my favourite track!

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Probably like a third of Civ VI themes do that for me. Zulu is great, Greece, Georgia, Cree, Mali, Maori... The game and expansions combined to one of my favorite OSTs ever.

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
This one, for me, is the song that best represent human nature.

Always searching for something... Something to do, something to be inspired by, something to love, etc...

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is one of my favourites from VI too, Civ always has incredible soundtracks.

Kind of cheating but I love the rendition

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
Recently "Asylums for the Feelings" by SilentPoets on the Death Stranding really got to me. Begins with this forlorn feeling and then end up with a pretty positive note. It's great how it comes into the game to -- you're finally descending down a huge mountain/hill to your destination, and this song starts up. Gave me the feels.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
That orchestrated version of Hopes & Dreams is sublime. And I was wondering when a Journey track would be posted. :> And you posted my favourite track!

I highly recommend checking out the entire channel from the guy who did that Hopes and Dreams orchestration (Rush Garcia) since you enjoyed it. He has some other absolutely incredible stuff on there (no, it's not my channel. I wish.)