• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Let's hope this isn't true and if it is, MS has plans for it to fix it.

If not,

this is bullshit excuse.

MS has dropped ball big time for few important things that make it look like next gen launch.

0 games that shows new features of allegedly "most powerful game console ever". Given their track record of first party titles, you'd think they would have at least one smaller scale game to show it off this time around because they made it look like they were fully prepared for next gen launch.

Then this UI garbage. If Series X/S supposed to provide 16 GB RAM for games, it should have come with 17 GB/18 GB or whatever is required to make 4K UI work. Reserve that for OS and have games access to 16GB memory. This is embarrassing given last gen PS4 Pro had 4K dashboard.

PS5 UI so crisp and clean at 4K.
This is a bit much....

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I simple posted what he said in the video. Every thing isn't console war. Yall are something else.
I fucking hate console wars and my post history is open for anyone to see that. The fact that we can't have an informative thread like this one without people shitting it up and others going "Oh wow, this will be the new concern" is an example of how stupid console wars are.
Disappointing, but ultimately not a big deal.
Yup, pretty much this and maybe knowing why it is this way. Nothing more.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
There are some weird people on here for sure. Some are accusing John of bias because he is stating facts, and others have already guessed the reason is to save on performance(despite no evidence) and that it's the right choice. None of these things make sense.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
That is... odd... with games going up to 8K on Series X, it will be very odd to have 1/16 resolution UI with it.

But really, I wouldn't think it's going to make a huge difference in the end in terms of usability.
Are you in MS marketing?

8k games

Can't wait to play Hotline Miami at such a crispy res

It's 8k media, not games haha

Oct 25, 2017
If it leaves more available resources for games then it's a good call
I dont mind if their motivation is to give games more to work with
As long as the UI is snappy I dont care

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can you all fucking stop with this biased shit? It's getting so freaking annoying, get the fuck out of here with this dumb shit. All of you spouting this nonsense bias crap should get banned honestly.

The good news is if fanboys on both sides are calling him and DF biased then he is probably a good source for unbiased news.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Are games even memory constrained at this point? Most of the next gen games seem to look worse than at least the best of last gen so I don't think developers need an extra GB or any extra teraflops. Most haven't even reached the full potential of the 2013 hardware.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
This always bothered me on the One X and PS4 Pro (and the lack of HDR in the OS too), kind of crazy it's not fixed on the Series X.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Why does it matter what resolution/HDR capability the dashboard has? Y'all sitting there, whackin it to fonts?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't like this at all. I have said before new generations are exciting because everything is new. Not only are they reusing the dash they not even updated it to 4K? Why? Fix this please MS

and the whole reason of more for games, I agree with John, they should have more than enough

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I will say that Series X does nothing for me in terms of feeling like next gen, the box is sexy and the fact that it runs cool is amazing, but i'm hyped to play Yakuza on it and that's it lol

PS5 feels like the standard gen leap that we've come to expect, but I understand that MS have pivoted to focus on other areas which is cool
LOL, fine, there are no 8K games, not that it changes my point at all.
Just busting your chops, all good

Nov 18, 2017
genuinely thought the X1X UI was 4k so not really bothered, doesnt the switch UI output at 720p aswell? probably for the same reason.

I would rather have games get an GB to play around with than a sharp UI tbh, although itd be great if it could change dynamically depending on what was running.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Not me, that's for sure.
same here.

Valet Jay

Mar 20, 2018
If that means there is more resources available for games, then I would've done the same thing. How often are we staring at these home screen saying to ourselves, "you know what, it's just not enough pixels"?

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we:
  1. Threadmark the Tom Warren tweet that confirms 1080P
  2. Change the title to remove John's name as this isn't a "someone says", it's a statement of fact (corroborated by a second independent journalist)

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Couldn't give a fuck, I use the dash to click on games to play and that's about it. And reading that it's for performance reasons, I'd say good call.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
This is hardly a huge deal but seeing all the people in here borderline offended that anybody could see it as an issue is pretty weird.

Dec 31, 2017
This was and is my biggest complaint about Xbox One X and is 100% inexcusable it persists on Series X.

Disapointing. Absolutely BLURRY TEXT + ICONS on a 4K display. Gross.
I play on a 4K OLED, there is nothing blurry on the Ui, it is quite simplistic in nature and looks perfect the way it is. I bet you didn't even notice until you were told it was 1080p.

As for Series X, considering g they are saving 1GB just like they were on the One X by keeping it 1080p then I'm all for it. Wonder if that means PS5 has less usable ram for games because of it?

Mar 11, 2019
I think I would personally opted to have the extra ram allocated to games instead of the ui. However I can see why Sony opted otherwise, since the UI is/has become an integral part of the experience with these new features build in.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the world we live in now. Where stating the truth is controversial if it's not something people want to hear.
And I mean, that's what John does for a living. Measures things and states facts. It is natural for him to express disappointment with the results of his measurements. But folks here go straight for the jugular and ridiculous hyperbole lol

Status
Not open for further replies.