• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I hope we get next gen games gameplay in the next event of XGS. I though Xbox made many correct choices, but messed up with the gameplay of new games. That's unfortunate and hopefully gets resolved.

I still want to see Forza Motorsport gameplay, because the in engine trailer (uses in-game assets) looked spectacular, albeit it was short. I applaud Spencer for giving them more time to make progress in many areas for the game, but imo this also hurt the Series launch, since surely we would've gotten a Forza at launch otherwise.

I am still excited for the console, but I hope the next Xbox event will be great and that we know what will arrive at launch and in the launch windows. There's uncertainty imo when it comes to the release dates of games and Microsoft should try to resolve this, even if it's hard to do with Covid and all that.
Yeah, very niche interest in yet another forza. Meanwhile, Sony is killing it in the lineup.
Forza Horizon is anything but niche. Actually the last two games were more successful than GTS.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get next gen games gameplay in the next event of XGS. I though Xbox made many correct choices, but messed up with the gameplay of new games. That's unfortunate and hopefully gets resolved.

I still want to see Forza Motorsport gameplay, because the in engine trailer (uses in-game assets) looked spectacular, albeit it was short. I applaud Spencer for giving them more time to make progress in many areas for the game, but imo this also hurt the Series launch, since surely we would've gotten a Forza at launch otherwise.

I am still excited for the console, but I hope the next Xbox event will be great and that we know what will arrive at launch and in the launch windows. There's uncertainty imo when it comes to the release dates of games and Microsoft should try to resolve this, even if it's hard to do with Covid and all that.
Forza Horizon is anything but niche. Actually the last two games were more successful than GTS.
Indeed. They should have a launch showcase event showcasing launch and launch windows games/gameplay running on XSX and XSS. Show AC: Valhalla running at 4k60 on XSX, The Ascent 4K60, The Medium 4k30, Watchdog at 4k30 with raytracing, and show Gears5, FH4, and SoT all running at 4k60. Let's see these games running on the system with the banner "running on XSX/XSS". They don't have an exceptional or outstanding launch title so they need to show a plethora of these launch/GP games running at higher fidelity on these upcoming systems. I hope they have plans for this.

OP
OP
EeK9X

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
They seem to be on a schedule, they didn't want to announce anything about both consoles if it weren't for the leaks. Maybe they want to stick to what they planned as much as possible. Honestly I don't see any problem with it, except if they don't show anything until launch which is still 2 months away maybe. I don't really understand why they need to show gameplay on the box several months in advance, it's not like you'll be spending the money now, until people can actually buy them there's some space there.

Pre-orders open next week, on the 22nd. I've already talked about how pre-order culture is terrible for consumers, but you have users on this thread literally telling others to "keep" them - for a device that costs half a thousand dollars and has pretty much nothing to show in terms of actual new games running on actual hardware. I find that odd, to say the least.

OP their first party lineup started working in earnest in 2018 when they got the cheque to revamp the first party studios.

also all their shit is affected by Covid right now

I never said anything about this being a concern exclusive to first-party games. And even if there are no Xbox Game Studios titles coming out during the Series X launch window, some games are being released for it in less than two months. Why not show more of those, running on the device? I don't think we've ever been this close to a console release without any sort of previews, at least for the platform's initial lineup.

It was a deliberate choice of mine to wait until Microsoft had officially confirmed the Series X release date to start this discussion, as, for all we know, even that could've been postponed. Now that the date is set in stone, there are no excuses for them not to show any footage of the vast majority of titles that you'll be able to buy and play on your new console, day one.

Again, the entire marketing push of the SX is based on how it's the world's most powerful console. Microsoft even showed a glimpse of their own analysis tool "benchmarking" Gears 5's MP. And yet, nothing of truly next-gen games, making use of truly next-gen features (shorter load times, faster streaming, ray tracing, 120FPS, etc.). Time's running out.

Deleted member 15311

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-orders open next week, on the 22nd. I've already talked about how pre-order culture is terrible for consumers, but you have users on this thread literally telling others to "keep" them - for a device that costs half a thousand dollars and has pretty much nothing to show in terms of actual new games running on actual hardware. I find that odd, to say the least.

I never said anything about this being a concern exclusive to first-party games. And even if there are no Xbox Game Studios titles coming out during the Series X launch window, some games are being released for it in less than two months. Why not show more of those, running on the device? I don't think we've ever been this close to a console release without any sort of previews, at least for the platform's initial lineup.

It was a deliberate choice of mine to wait until Microsoft had officially confirmed the Series X release date to start this discussion, as, for all we know, even that could've been postponed. Now that the date is set in stone, there are no excuses for them not to show any footage of the vast majority of titles that you'll be able to buy and play on your new console, day one.

Again, the entire marketing push of the SX is based on how it's the world's most powerful console. Microsoft even showed a glimpse of their own analysis tool "benchmarking" Gears 5's MP. And yet, nothing of truly next-gen games, making use of truly next-gen features (shorter load times, faster streaming, ray tracing, 120FPS, etc.). Time's running out.
Well yeah, I forgot to mention that I never pre order anything.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I get that it breaks tradition in terms of new console hardware cycles, but I don't see why this is such a big deal especially given the current state of the world and the difficulties of development. People blindly drop $1,000 on new phones every year with incremental upgrades, the expectation being that the same software runs on those phones as the previous/current models. This is way more than incremental upgrade and it's been 3-4 years since the last iterations. Comparing the Series X to the One X (and likewise PS4 Pro to 5) from just a spec list is an automatic upgrade if you care at all about performance, resolution etc. The games will come. This isn't some sort of scandal.

OP
OP
EeK9X

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Figured I should give this thread a bump.

With less than a month to go before launch, we still haven't seen any next-gen titles running on Series X hardware, aside from about three minutes of The Medium gameplay (published by Gamespot).

Someone mentioned The Falconeer, but there's no indication on that video that the footage was captured from an actual SX. We also saw 10 minutes of Haven (published by IGN), a launch title, but that's also coming to current-gen platforms (including Xbox One, PS4 and Switch).

Microsoft's own launch trailer has zero gameplay footage, and influencers' impressions were limited to backwards-compatible titles.

Such a weird marketing decision.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Figured I should give this thread a bump.

With less than a month to go before launch, we still haven't seen any next-gen titles running on Series X hardware, aside from about three minutes of The Medium gameplay (published by Gamespot) and 10 minutes of Haven (published by IGN).

Someone mentioned The Falconeer, but there's no indication on that video that the footage was captured from an actual SX.

Microsoft's own launch trailer has zero gameplay footage, and influencers' impressions were limited to backwards-compatible titles.

Such a weird marketing decision.

So, we've seen multiple next-gen games running on Series X?

OP
OP
EeK9X

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
So, we've seen multiple next-gen games running on Series X?

I've edited my previous post to reflect the fact that Haven isn't a next-gen exclusive title. So far, The Medium is the only true next-gen game with available gameplay footage confirmed to be running on actual Series X hardware.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
It's a sad situation. I'm sure MS know this.
But I don't understand why planning for this console when it comes down to software wasn't their main priority.
I'm sure things will improve but it's a shame new Xbox series x owners aren't going to have much to wow over.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I
I've edited my previous post to reflect the fact that Haven isn't a next-gen exclusive title. So far, The Medium is the only true next-gen game with available gameplay footage confirmed to be running on actual Series X hardware.
I mean - does it really mean anything whether it is next gen exclusive game or not? You asked for footage from the Series X, some has been published. It is not an ideal amount I agree but now you want to change the to the fact that only next gen exclusive game footage counts? I mean the majority of the Xbox and Sony launch titles are cross-gen. Sony has Demon's Souls, Astros Playroom, Destruction All Stars and Godfall I believe as the only games that are next gen exclusives, the rest are all cross platform (if I am incorrect, please let me know and I will edit).

It just seems overly concerned is all. And when the original concern of no footage is met, you raise it to Next Gen exclusive footage 🤷

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
But I don't understand why planning for this console when it comes down to software wasn't their main priority.
I'm sure things will improve but it's a shame new Xbox series x owners aren't going to have much to wow over.

I'm hoping so hard that the ports of Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 are substantial. I'm sure many people never played these games given the Xbone sales, similar to games like The last of Us on PS3 and the PS4 port, so I don't need it to be exclusive just wow me

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
What a shame, MS spent so much money acquiring studios but software is not their priority. Time to cancel my pre-order /s

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
What a shame, MS spent so much money acquiring studios but software is not their priority. Time to cancel my pre-order /s

well they ain't wrong, at least for launch. Sure, eventually it will beat fruit but all honesty it's one of the weakest launch lineups I have ever seen. The fact that when you go into threads asking what your buying people list gamepass as if it's a game tells it all.

EDIT: I'm obviously talking first party.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
well they ain't wrong, at least for launch. Sure, eventually it will beat fruit but all honesty it's one of the weakest launch lineups I have ever seen. The fact that when you go into threads asking what your buying people list gamepass as if it's a game tells it all.

People would have said Gamepass also if it was. As the games will launch into Gamepass.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Were back to "Xbox have no games" days, I missed it.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
Aaron Greenberg just talked about this on the RDX podcast. The issue is that they are depending on 3rd parties for launch. He said that with COVID-19 they didn't want to impose on them to stop working on their games to make a gameplay demo. He also said that they were aware that they haven't shown much new stuff but that the gameplay demos are coming very, very soon. I expect that we'll see something in the next few weeks.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
People would have said Gamepass also if it was. As the games will launch into Gamepass.

my point is there are no big first party games at launch though. So people picking up gamepass to play older games.

it's fine, shit takes time, MS placed their eggs into Halo and didn't work out. The games will come. Just the launch is bare from them, so they putting their chips into gamepass where obviously that's their strength at launch.

Were back to "Xbox have no games" days, I missed it.

Not everything needs to be taken to heart and can be truth. At launch their first party offerings are empty. They relying on gamepass and BC

As was said above even Aaron Greenberg said they relying on third parties

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
my point is there are no big first party games at launch though. So people picking up gamepass to play older games.

Not really. And most people arent picking up gamepass as they probably have it already.
People will play Gears Tactics, Medium. Beyond Light. They just put it under gamepass.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed they didn't get flight sim going for launch but totally understandable., Would have been a good showcase for the Seriex X at launch.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Am I not allowed to be wowed by third party next gen games?

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. And most people arent picking up gamepass as they probably have it already.

Possibly. I'm just going from the thread here about what people are picking up at launch. People who had an Xbox pre ordered, the majority listed gamepass.

www.resetera.com

What Games are you picking up Launch Month?

I am interested in what peoples First game they will play on Next gen are. I was gonna say Launch window but the definition is very shaky so let's just say November. My list. Spider-Man: MM Ultimate edition Control Ultimate edition Cyberpunk 2077 Whatever is on Gamepass Whatever is on PS...

Just so you can see I'm not lying.

as I said above I have Gears 5 and Horizon 4 to look forward to. They should be pushing these games big as I'm sure lots never played them and I'm hoping for big upgrades. These along with The Falconeer and I'm set.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm bummed they didn't get flight sim going for launch but totally understandable., Would have been a good showcase for the Seriex X at launch.
I can't even comprehend how that game will work with only a controller.

I imagine it will end up "early access" with keyboard support before an actual release

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure it's fine. But the amount if concern trolling re. Ps5 (eg. Not showing OS) when MS have barely shown any actual games running on series X is hilarious. All the games shown in the ps5 showcase (apart from ffxvi and gta5) were running on ps5.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's fine. But the amount if concern trolling re. Ps5 (eg. Not showing OS) when MS have barely shown any actual games running on series X is hilarious. All the games shown in the ps5 showcase (apart from ffxvi and gta5) were running on ps5.

It will all come in due time though. Still a month out people just stressing for no reason. I guess being stuck at home from COVID, makes people have more time to overthink things. I want both consoles to wow me I fucking can't wait. I got 2 weeks holidays booked and so many games on both I don't know what I'm gonna do haha

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Microsoft hasn't shown any series x gameplay but streamers and YouTubers have. In back compat sure. But we know it plays games

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Sure i would like to see footage. But in the end does it really matter? I mean would be so much different that we see gameplay of something and it says "captured on series x" ?
Would that change so much? I mean we saw it for Series S. But people didnt really care. I get it when there are rumours the console is in trouble or devs having problems with it etc. But that isnt the case.
In the meantime journalists have the console already at home. And we have seen tons of games run on it and see tomorrow even more (rumoured)

Oct 29, 2017
Sure i would like to see footage. But in the end does it really matter? I mean would be so much different that we see gameplay of something and it says "captured on series x" ?
Would that change so much? I mean we saw it for Series S. But people didnt really care. I get it when there are rumours the console is in trouble or devs having problems with it etc. But that isnt the case.
In the meantime journalists have the console already at home. And we have seen tons of games run on it and see tomorrow even more.

This is pretty much how I am feeling . Ppl really want to just say where are the 1st prty console exclusives .

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
I don't own a PS4 or Xbox One, so all the talk about backwards-compatibility has me excited lol

I only have myself as evidence, but emphasizing backwards-compatibility may be an effective strategy for attracting newcomers.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Havent they set a date for a XSX game blowout? Shouldnt be long, seems like they'll be extremely careful about what gets released given they're on a positive momentum.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Havent they set a date for a XSX game blowout? Shouldnt be long, seems like they'll be extremely careful about what gets released given they're on a positive momentum.
Ultimately it's going to be the same games we've seen. Looking the same with a note at the bottom of the screw saying it's running on Xbox Series X.

Mar 8, 2018
I'm just not sure what the issue is. We know based on specs what the machine is capable of. We have plenty of footage of the boosts to current gen games. Stuff like Demon's Souls is really freaking impressive, but it's not like Series X isn't similarly capable. So is the idea that if they don't show next gen footage, then they're somehow hiding that the games look bad?

Is it some idea that we need a "reason" to get it at launch? Even though most people won't get one for years?

From what I can tell, the reasons to upgrade to Series X are the same reasons you upgrade to a better PC. Better performance on the games you have today, guaranteed access to the games of the future. It would be nice to have a showstopper next gen game trailer, but I don't think it's strictly necessary.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I agree with you yeah, they seem woefully unprepared from a first party games stand point. They relied on halo and when that fell through they had nothing to fall back on. Forza is the most baffling thing though. I dont know why this new entry is going to have taken them 4 plus years to get out the door.

Before anyone comes at me like im some fan boy. Im buying a series x on day one, and xbox has been my primary platform for the past few years.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you yeah, they seem woefully unprepared from a first party games stand point. They relied on halo and when that fell through they had nothing to fall back on. Forza is the most baffling thing though. I dont know why this new entry is going to have taken them 4 plus years to get out the door.

Before anyone comes at me like im some fan boy. Im buying a series x on day one, and xbox has been my primary platform for the past few years.
Because Forza is having a engine overhaul really.
And the other studios we know the reason also. As since 2018 Xbox finally got the full support again and could invest again. As we see now. Its just that it doesnt fall in line of the next gen consoles.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

So you don't think many people picking up PS5 would be answering PS Now, if Sony released all their games on the service day one?

If Microsoft released a hundred first party games at launch, they would all be on Game Pass, so it doesn't really "tell all"..

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So you don't think many people picking up PS5 would be answering PS Now, if Sony released all their games on the service day one?

If Microsoft released a hundred first party games at launch, they would all be on Game Pass, so it doesn't really "tell all"..
I sure would be. I'd never buy another Sony game if they had a form of Game Pass.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Because Forza is having a engine overhaul really.
And the other studios we know the reason also. As since 2018 Xbox finally got the full support again and could invest again. As we see now. Its just that it doesnt fall in line of the next gen consoles.
Time to ask a dumb question then, why release a next gen console now instead of waiting a year?

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Time to ask a dumb question then, why release a next gen console now instead of waiting a year?
Because the next gen console has been designed to push all of our current content further. The SSD and frame rate improvements to my favorite games now like Destiny 2 and Sea of Thieves will be like brand new games

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Because the next gen console has been designed to push all of our current content further. The SSD and frame rate improvements to my favorite games now like Destiny 2 and Sea of Thieves will be like brand new games

Yes I agree, same with instant resume. I just find it odd timing if your own studios don't have new content ready but with Game Pass and cross-gen games I guess it makes sense.

You're putting money on the table.
People will buy the console. It will be sold out.

It's February on is when we will see how momentum takes place.

Status
Not open for further replies.