• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but cancelled my pre-order on the XSX, just so disappointed with the lineup.
Preorders aren't open yet but ok. Cant cancel something you don't have

Do you think its your responsibility to gatekeep the discussion, when there are valid points of comparison between the two? The only thing Xbox is doing good is creating the idea of pro-consumer choices in their services, which there is definite benefits there, but you cannot deny the fact that we haven't seen jack shit of what to expect on XSX/XSS from a first party perspective and seemingly a third party perspective outside of The Medium, something you cannot say about the PS5.
theres a reason why the Xbox OT is a fraction of the size here — the concern trolling and Xbox bashing goes on unabated and its cheered on. Anyone pushing back is a gatekeeper apparently. Come back to me when the Xbox launch line up is announced. Right now Sony have announced one game for launch that's guaranteed and it comes preinstalled as a tech demo for the controller

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Any game coming out on the Series X should look amazing, so it's kind of... weird they aren't showing that off at all yet. Ubi Forward felt like a good place to do that - show off Valhalla gameplay.

It's weird we aren't seeing gameplay blowouts for ANY game coming out right now in the next two months. Where is Legion? Cyberpunk?

Covid is just fucking things up so much.

Deleted member 63139

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Pretty sure they still have a presentation to go because at the end of the july presentation (which was really disappointing for me I have to admit) they had this list of studios and they said : We did not show what other MS studios have been working on, so yeah,...for sure we have another show coming and hopefully it will be better.

My theory is that the feedbacks of the july show and the catastrophic presentation of Halo infinite made them rethink how they communicate, and probably they had to delay some things.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Preorders aren't open yet but ok. Cant cancel something you don't have

theres a reason why the Xbox OT is a fraction of the size here — the concern trolling and Xbox bashing goes on unabated and its cheered on. Anyone pushing back is a gatekeeper apparently. Come back to me when the Xbox launch line up is announced. Right now Sony have announced one game for launch that's guaranteed and it comes preinstalled as a tech demo for the controller
I am not concern trolling or Xbox bashing, the proof is there that we haven't seen a single game running on the Xbox Series X or S, that is what this thread is for and that is what my comment was about. Why do you feel the need to push back against valid points that this thread was created about? Please educate me because apparently I'm concern trolling.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
You would think they would push a big hype gaming launch showcase thing before the preorders open on the 22nd with lots and lots of 4K game footage and a few surprises, maybe some kind of graphical showpiece but it's kind of looking like we're just not going to see games running on this system at all or at least not until well after preorders open. Why not let us see anything? What exactly does this serve to do other then disappoint folks and kill off a lot of hype for people?

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I am not concern trolling or Xbox bashing, the proof is there that we haven't seen a single game running on the Xbox Series X or S, that is what this thread is for and that is what my comment was about. Why do you feel the need to push back against valid points that this thread was created about? Please educate me because apparently I'm concern trolling.

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-s-first-gameplay-footage-shown

We have seen Series S footage, actually.

Series X is still MIA, which is pretty crazy. Hopefully MS fix that this week before preorders go up.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They've had 2 so-called showing of their games, none running on the actual console, which does not bode well for any launch titles.

launch line up wasn't truly known for the 2013 consoles until October, I'm sure we will find out sonyson Wednesday and Microsoft's shortly after. That would still be earlier than PS4 and Xbox one. No need to panic yet :)

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
User Threadbanned (1 Week): Hostility
So then it's not so much a botched launch, MS is just releasing games you don't care about. And Sony is releasing games you do care about.

PS OT is over there, sir
What kind of elitist bullshit response is this? Just because I play on multiple platform, I can't post about my disappointment in xbox? Well, here's a small nugget of fact for you: Many gamers are not fanboys and tied to a specific platform. and play games on multiple platforms to play the best games. I wrote about xbox here, so kindof fuck off somewhere else with your elitism.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
You would think they would push a big hype gaming launch showcase thing before the preorders open on the 22nd with lots and lots of 4K game footage and a few surprises, maybe some kind of graphical showpiece but it's kind of looking like we're just not going to see games running on this system at all or at least not until well after preorders open. Why not let us see anything? What exactly does this serve to do other then disappoint folks and kill off a lot of hype for people?
The problem is, is that they had their big showcase already during their show back in August. If they wanted to show us their games coming at launch, they should have then but we got Halo which is now delayed to who knows when other than a vague date of 2021. They are going to rely heavily on Third party when it comes to launch and likely launch window, which Sony will as well but from what we know there seems to be more planned for their launch window than Xbox has based off of what has been stated.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
Surprised they aren't just showing Valhalla gameplay running at native 4K 60FPS with all those effects enabled. They could do it. But they haven't. It's bizarre. Sony aren't much better, the only real gameplay we have there is Ratchet and Clank honestly. Both of them are being pretty shifty

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What kind of elitist bullshit response is this? Just because I play on multiple platform, I can't post about my disappointment in xbox? Well, here's a small nugget of fact for you: Many gamers are not fanboys and tied to a specific platform. and play games on multiple platforms to play the best games. I wrote about xbox here, so kindof fuck off somewhere else with your elitism.

youve done a pretty good job of expressing your disdain with the Xbox launch. No need to linger on it now. There's plenty Of peeps who are happy with the console, and Both sides are valid.

probs worth just moving on now.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
Haven't there been some third party games running on Series X? I thought Assasins creed was running on a series x but i could be mistaken. Either way, honestly with the third party lineup coming out this holiday season not having a big first party launch isn't as important.

With games like Call of Duty, Assasin's Creed and Cyberpunk, there won't be a shortage of things to play on the new console. Plus you have access to all the Game Pass games.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how Sony's preorders have anything to do with this post? What are you trying to gain here?

They mentioned they could preorder in march...i stated that neither companies had preorders announced and none have any open now. That's a pretty clear post.

I'm allowed to mention Sony and Microsoft in the same sentence.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
The problem is, is that they had their big showcase already during their show back in August. If they wanted to show us their games coming at launch, they should have then but we got Halo which is now delayed to who knows when other than a vague date of 2021. They are going to rely heavily on Third party when it comes to launch and likely launch window, which Sony will as well but from what we know there seems to be more planned for their launch window than Xbox has based off of what has been stated.

Microsoft can partner with third party developers to show impressive 4K/60 or whatever gameplay running on XSX. They should also be showing stuff like maybe Control and Cyberpunk and other games due to get upgrades running on XSX. They need to remember that people buy consoles for games and not just tech specs. People want to see the "next gen difference". I want to see the improvements that next gen consoles can offer. The better visuals, higher framerates, upgrades to older games, backwards compatibility, etc. Maybe throw in a few awesome surprises, a couple significant Game Pass drops and you could have a fairly solid console launch. This is the first time possibly ever that we have a new game console coming out with nearly little talk about actual games.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
They mentioned they could preorder in march...i stated that neither companies had preorders announced and none have any open now. That's a pretty clear post.

I'm allowed to mention Sony and Microsoft in the same sentence.
They mentioned being able to pre-order an Xbox back in March, not the fact they could pre-order both of them in March. Sure you can mentioned both in the same sentence but bringing it up for the sake of bringing it up brings no substance to your post whatsoever.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I am legitimately confused by the people who are going to bat for a console manufacturer showing no current gen games running on their machine. Yes they've shown XB1 games running on the machine and that's great, their BC program has been a success. But at the very least, people can admit you don't buy a new machine to solely play older games. No one is saying there is some sort of concern or issue with the XSX or XSS at all. We just want to see the games running on the system. I'm not really sure what's confusing about that.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, we saw gears 5 running at 120 fps and outer worlds loading 40 seconds faster on the Series S... exciting stuff...

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
They mentioned being able to pre-order an Xbox back in March, not the fact they could pre-order both of them in March. Sure you can mentioned both in the same sentence but bringing it up for the sake of bringing it up brings no substance to your post whatsoever.
Just for clarity, Komplett also allows pre-ordering the PS5 models and has since March. It doesn't matter if MS or Sony has officially opened pre-orders, komplett is huge in Scandinavia and are capable of handling their own pre-order queue for the consoles.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017

Cool...i still decided to include both companies to make my point. There were no preorders to cancel back then and the same is true now.

Oh...now that mitchman replied to you and mentioned PlayStation. I'm in the clear now...hopefully.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't understand how some people can be so defensive of valid criticism especially when it is about the most important (if not the only) aspect of console gaming.

It is a fact that MS has shown very little gameplay and most of it running on PC, even though we are less than two months from launch. It is also a fact that Sony hasn't shown as much as you would expect from a console that's about to release. Having said that, is at least disingenuous to place them on the same level Since Sony has at least shown only in game footage running on PS5 hardware.

Launch lineup is also a huge question mark right now and we can only be certain about some big third party games (which again haven't shown much either).

Last edited:

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Cool...i still decided to include both companies to make my point. There were no preorders to cancel back then and the same is true now.

Oh...now that mitchman replied to you and mentioned PlayStation. I'm in the clear now...hopefully.
I already posted the link to the pre-orders komplett allows, and they handle their own queue as they will get massive stocks being the biggest electronic mailorder company, so yes, they can handle their own pre-order.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Come back to me when the Xbox launch line up is announced. Right now Sony have announced one game for launch that's guaranteed and it comes preinstalled as a tech demo for the controller
I'm pretty sure Miles Morales is about as certain as it gets for a launch game, and it's got the same "Holiday 2020" designation as the console itself. Regarding Astro's Playroom, there's no need to be disparaging about that game by reducing it to the status of a demo, when it may well end up being as much a surprise to gamers as Astro Bot Rescue Mission was in 2018. The last game ASOBI Team made was finished in 18 months and was like 7-8 hours long: a full game, and they've had longer than that to make their next game. I don't get why a game being preinstalled deems it insignificant when great Nintendo games have come preinstalled on the hardware.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't understand how some people can be so defensive of valid criticism especially when it is about the most important (if not the only) aspect of console gaming.

It is a fact that MS has shown very little gameplay and most of it running on PC Even though we less than two months from launch. It is also a fact that Sony hasn't shown as much as you would expect from a console that's about to release. Having said that, is at least disingenuous to place them on the same level Since Sony has at least shown only in game footage running on PS5 hardware.

Launch lineup is also a huge question mark right now and we can only be certain about some big third party games (which again haven't shown much either).

giphy.gif

Joo

May 25, 2018
Meh! Does it matter that we did not see Medium or Dirt gameplay at the showcase but saw gameplay later? Does it matter that we have not seen what games might look like on Series X, but have seen gameplay snippets on Series S? It is all gameplay, isn't it? Yep! Mountains out of molehills.
Well it might not matter to you but as you can probably see, it understandably matter to many here. You just can't bang your head to the wall and make everyone agree with you. I'd try to show some appreciation for different points of view here and to people taking their time to elaborate them. You can't really find any next-gen footage of Series X gameplay which even somewhat would seem to push the hardware, and it's just something which many would like to see before buying an expensive product. That's it and it's perfectly valid as criticism.

In my opinion there's nothing even closely as important as showing some eye-opening gameplay or a gameplay trailer explicitly running on a certain console when you're trying to convince buyers that this is the system to get. You would think that it's not even debatable whether gameplay showing the console's power should've been shown at this point or not.

Deleted member 15311

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elitist? What? I mean, i get your point but he didn't say anything elitist like, he just said it's clear you don't like Xbox launch games and do like Sony launch games, so the choice is kind of obvious.

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
Here's some coaching if you want your post to be subjective of your opinion and not a generic statement.

Instead of saying "the XSX launch is botched. Sony's launch will be way better"

Try saying"the XSX launch is botched because I'm not excited about any of the games. I'm much more interested in Sony's launch instead"

making a statement without supporting your opinion holds no value. Launch window is still great even with Halo delayed because there's still tons of great games to play

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are the priorities thought? Seeing the game running on said hardware or seeing how the game plays? When people are platform warring, they tend to lose perspective of what is important.
People want to see gameplay on the box they are about to spend 500$ on. Is that so hard to believe? A pc is only an approximation.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I am legitimately confused by the people who are going to bat for a console manufacturer showing no current gen games running on their machine. Yes they've shown XB1 games running on the machine and that's great, their BC program has been a success. But at the very least, people can admit you don't buy a new machine to solely play older games. No one is saying there is some sort of concern or issue with the XSX or XSS at all. We just want to see the games running on the system. I'm not really sure what's confusing about that.

Agreed. The current marketing around Series X|S feels like it's been almost entirely centered around telling people how great the new hardware is, and how many choices consumers will have. While the message is great, Series X is an expensive piece of tech with hardly a single game showcasing it's value over the One X (or Series S). Current gen games running better next gen is fine, but these games looked good on One X as well.

There's still time for Microsoft to show something compelling before launch, but with preorders for both systems coming up soon it's starting to feel like they'll just let this holiday pass by as is. I feel a full-on games showcase (exclusives or not) next week or this week would be prudent.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I already posted the link to the pre-orders komplett allows, and they handle their own queue as they will get massive stocks being the biggest electronic mailorder company, so yes, they can handle their own pre-order.

Usually when preorders are recognized is when they are officially announced and available at most major retailers starting on a particular date.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
Agreed. The current marketing around Series X|S feels like it's been almost entirely centered around telling people how great the new hardware is, and how many choices consumers will have. While the message is great, Series X is an expensive piece of tech with hardly a single game showcasing it's value over the One X (or Series S). Current gen games running better next gen is fine, but these games looked good on One X as well.

There's still time for Microsoft to show something compelling before launch, but with preorders for both systems coming up soon it's starting to feel like they'll just let this holiday pass by as is. I feel a full-on games showcase (exclusives or not) next week or this week would be prudent.
I don't know if they have enough to show to be able to make that kind of showcase happen? If anything, it would have been a part of the XSS reveal. Do a games showcase, show off what to expect out of the XSX and then reveal the XSS at the end, with the leaked showcase of the XSS just being a post-show addition so we could get more details off of what was shown at the end. I don't think Microsoft has enough to do a full on showcase and will probably put out videos of the games running on XSX via twitter posts linking to Youtube videos unless they can swing something in the next 2 months.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Any game coming out on the Series X should look amazing, so it's kind of... weird they aren't showing that off at all yet. Ubi Forward felt like a good place to do that - show off Valhalla gameplay.

It's weird we aren't seeing gameplay blowouts for ANY game coming out right now in the next two months. Where is Legion? Cyberpunk?

covid's a factor, for sure. but i'm thinking it goes deeper than that. more'n'more, there's been a lot of 'not really ready for primetime, but here we go, anyway!' in the gaming industry, & i think what we're mostly witnessing is just a further extension of this...

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if they have enough to show to be able to make that kind of showcase happen? If anything, it would have been a part of the XSS reveal. Do a games showcase, show off what to expect out of the XSX and then reveal the XSS at the end, with the leaked showcase of the XSS just being a post-show addition so we could get more details off of what was shown at the end. I don't think Microsoft has enough to do a full on showcase and will probably put out videos of the games running on XSX via twitter posts linking to Youtube videos unless they can swing something in the next 2 months.

I don't want to assume I know more about business decisions than MS, but if they really don't have much show then it feels like this launch is incredibly under-baked. I would think that if they didn't have exclusive content planned for very near-term, that they'd at least be pushing for showing the ""Series X advantage" on big third party titles.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020

At least when it comes to Cyberpunk, it feels they are taking the Rockstar route when it comes to showing off their games. Doing it on their own terms, with their own events in the Night City Wire. Of course we know Xbox has marketing, but they aren't relying on Xbox to advertise because they don't have to.

For Legion, do we know who has marketing for that?

I don't want to assume I know more about business decisions than MS, but if they really don't have much show then it feels like this launch is incredibly under-baked. I would think that if they didn't have exclusive content planned for very near-term, that they'd at least be pushing for showing the ""Series X advantage" on big third party titles.
And even with that, they are still just telling us about the Series X Advantage instead of showing, even on their BC games. I don't want to be told something, you better show something to me or your words ring hollow.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure they still have a presentation to go because at the end of the july presentation (which was really disappointing for me I have to admit) they had this list of studios and they said : We did not show what other MS studios have been working on, so yeah,...for sure we have another show coming and hopefully it will be better.

My theory is that the feedbacks of the july show and the catastrophic presentation of Halo infinite made them rethink how they communicate, and probably they had to delay some things.

They did not show anything from those studios because they're even less ready to show their games, because they are further along in time.

So there won't any event. They may tease Perfect Dark but what for? They'll need some announcements for next year events etc

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they aren't just showing Valhalla gameplay running at native 4K 60FPS with all those effects enabled. They could do it. But they haven't. It's bizarre. Sony aren't much better, the only real gameplay we have there is Ratchet and Clank honestly. Both of them are being pretty shifty
I don't agree. What is considered "real gameplay"? From Sony we've seen varying degrees of gameplay from Ratchet, GT7, GhostWire: Tokyo, Deathloop, Astro's Playroom, Returnal, Sackboy, Kena, Godfall, Bugsnax, The Pathless and Little Devil Inside running on PS5. I think the only alarming thing about Sony's behaviour is that they haven't really shown what their premier launch title (Spider-Man) looks like in uncut gameplay form, which I'm positive they will do on Wednesday in addition to a bunch of other games.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
MS has to have more to announce right? Not only have we not seen much / any gameplay from the Series X, but we don't know what its launch lineup is. I feel like they need to give us a roadmap of sorts. Like, when can we expect the first new first party release for it? Gotta give us SOMETHING. Honestly it feels like the most inconsequential launch lineup I've ever seen. People talk about PS2- but that was the only console of its gen at the time, and it had plenty of defacto third party exclusives as a result. Other than Medium, Scorn, and Tetris, I can't think of a single game I can only play on this console or at least as a next-gen exclusive. I guess there's Yakuza.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
At least in the UK, you can pre-order the Xbox and PS5 from a couple places (putting down a deposit for a "slot" when pre-orders are announced)

I had one for both XSX and PS5 but I did cancel the Xbox only because I'll have a PC with an RTX 3080, but it really is incredible value.

To me, PS5 just feels a lot more ready to start the next gen in terms of software output in the first 12 months (as well as my general interests in titles releasing exclusively on there) and even innovating with the controller (don't care if it could turn out to be a gimmick). It just feels more next gen.

XSX has some great features like smart resume and amazing BC but it just isn't enough for me. It'll still sell great though and I don't understand why stating that cancelling a pre-order is trolling? I'd like to think in my case that I've shown exactly why I've not kept mine

Status
Not open for further replies.