• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Just saw this....WTF the US health system is a joke...thank god for the NHS

whxbymk1w5m51.jpg

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Reminder that the US is not a first world country and will never be until they get free universal healthcare and ban guns among other things

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats disgusting, $324 for a vial on insulin that you go through in a week. Just insane.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
5 vials for 110€ here. And that's if you buy it without a prescription. It's not even that your healthcare system is ass backwards, you're getting ripped off!

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Where I was born - is free , where I live now I think not even a decade of insulin is that price (because I mostly think it's free)

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Welcome to the US where you'd rather die to save your family the trouble of high medical costs.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So many people will see that and think "Nothing wrong with that" and just go on with the rest of their day. America is more about "Got mine, F*** you" and about liberty and freedom.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's crazy, people just get ripped off in the States, the mighty Dollar rules over everything. They'd make you pay to breathe if they could.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
In Europe isn't super low cost because government is a bunch of good guys, is mostly because they need you functional so you work, maybe USA is so great they don't even need you.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
For reference, insulin is free here in Spain. And whenever you have to buy any sort of drugs/medicine/antibiotics, as long as it's with prescription, the price is usually under 1€. Though in my experience, the doctor who makes the prescription usually just gives me whatever medicine I need, on hand, for free.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Ah the greatest country in the world once again proves it's really far from it.

It's like it want people to die or live in poverty.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking terrible and extremely sad. These poor people. I haven't visited a doctor since god knows how long because I don't even want to deal with any of that.

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Another reminder that healthcare and doctors don't exist in the US (no real doctor would be okay with that "system").

oElx1pq.png

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have T1D and really good health insurance and it STILL cost me about $120 a month for two boxes of insulin, test strips, and pen needles. U.S. is killing diabetics.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
This is just your daily reminder that the United States is a failed state. This country's fractured foundation has been laid bare starting over the last 20 years, but especially over the last 5 years.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yes but do those commie countries have the same amount of freedom we do? I thought not

/s

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
As a parent of somebody with T1D, I'm glad all the time that we have decent insurance.

EDIT: She uses a CGM and a pump and to give you an idea how much everything costs, we go through our $3k deductible within the first two months after insurance resets. Pharmacist was concerned the first time insurance year reset and even called to make sure the cost was expected.

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
For reference, insulin is free here in Spain. And whenever you have to buy any sort of drugs/medicine/antibiotics, as long as it's with prescription, the price is usually under 1€. Though in my experience, the doctor who makes the prescription usually just gives me whatever medicine I need, on hand, for free.
As a neighbor of Spain o say is pretty much the same but I also pick the paper and go to a normal drugstore and they charge me like 1€
Last time I was on an appointment everything form appointment to medicine cost 1€

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
This is terrible sad. Wonder how many people skip their vials just to eat or pay rent. Get a grid of yourselves USA! My mom gets her medication free every month in Costa Rica. I get an amount deducted every paycheck that goes towards helping everyone gets their medication/care. If we can you also can.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
this is criminal. Drugs that affect a large swath of people should be free from the govt. this is insane.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
its so wild to see this stuff and reading all
us health system horror stories, from outside.
can't wrap my head around how the whole population is not up in arms to fight this.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Colorado has a cap on the cost of insulin but I think it's the only state to do so...

But yeah it's gross.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
remember folks that market based healthcare solutions have proven even with reform not to protect for cost. A national approach to pharmacare is the only humane future.