• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
First let me say i own and play Games on every current system. Have a ps4 pro, a Switch and a gaming pc

I owned a og Xbox One for about a year now. Played some Xbox exclusives on it and thought the system is all right.
Gamepass ultimate made me hop on that 3 month for 15 bucks deal a couple month ago and i could't stop playing it. So many games...so much value...i decidet to get me a 12 month subscribtion.

After that i thought to enjoy my gamepass to its full potential i should get me a one x. So i did.

Boy o boy did the Microsoft engineers put together a fine piece of hardware. The system is very small and quiet and the Performance for such a little maschine is really impressive. I payed 240€ for mine (got it from eBay) and now i regret not getting one at launch.

Gamepass and the X is an awesome combo. Im thinking going Xbox first next gen because of that.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Only issue I have is menu lag

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Have to say I agree. I'm mostly a PC gamer. Beefy as fuck PC, got a Switch, got a PS4 etc. But the Xbox One X has blown me away. For the price and the size it's really, really impressive. Playing RDR2, albeit at 30FPS, looked and felt fantastic. I'm still shocked at how fucking good it looks whenever I turn it on. That paired with GamePass has me pretty excited for the next gen. I've always had an Xbox, but never been the one to go pick one up on Day 1, but I'm pretty sure I'll be out in line to pick up whatever the next one is called when it launches.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely.

Really excited about their hardware next gen if they keep this kind of quality.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I decided to skip X in order to go day-one for Scarlett... but man do I feel pretty annoyed/salty for not picking up the X after seeing some showcase titles like Gears and FH. Both hardware and software-wise, the X definitely seems like a worthy purchase. Also yeah, Game Pass is just an amazing subscription. 2019 has had some pretty good games join the service not so long after their initial launch.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I love the console and use it more than my PS4 this past year. It is an excellent compliment to the Switch

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
The machine is a marvel. I'm shocked that MS was able to get that form size and still have it be quiet. Even more so when it's running graphically intensive games.

I know fan noise shouldn't bother me but the prices we pay for these consoles I expect them to be near-silent.

When I switch my Pro on the difference is startling.

I'm intrigued as to how Scarlett will look for me MS is two for two in delivering a silent console.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped on the All Access or whatever financing deal and pay $37/mo for an X plus Game Pass. Just a year left now too I think. It was, like, a Dell credit account behind the scenes.

Anyway yeah the hardware is great, strong and whisper quiet. Really glad to have it to play Control.

Game Pass is nice but everything's just kind of hazy, what you own and what you don't I Games & Apps. *old man yells at cloud*

Dashboard could really use a good update. So clunky, and I really wish game icons had a sub icon indicating if the install has a disc-based license or not, like PS4 does.

I suppose I do have a lot of games, having been Gold for years and redeeming my Games for Gold each month...

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
KOLwZz5.png

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Yeah its definitely an impressive piece of tech. Playing Gears 5 on it and its whisper quiet. When you throw Gamepass in there it is a truly excellent gaming console

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Primarily a PC gamer myself, but have been loving my X for Game Pass and playing games I feel are more appropriate for couch gaming.

Size of the thing as well is brilliant. Love throwing it in my bag and taking it with me on trips so I can get my gaming fix wherever.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Gears of War 3 looks pretty damn insane via the X enhancements.

Yea Xbox is such a nice platform to play last and current generations greatest hits.
I hope that thing about Scarlet featuring machine learning up-rendering comes to fruition, some notable titles like Batman Arkham Knight and Deus Ex Mankind Divided would be great to play in 4K.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
They have become really good with hardware engineering since some time. Bodes well for next gen

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Only thing missing is exclusives. I bought mainly to double as my PC in my living room and it performs brilliantly for that. Its nice to go between PC and Xbox with certain games and not miss a beat graphically. I'll keep it for next gen and just stick with PS5, PC and Switch 2.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Agreed the hardware is top notch but the UI is trash, slow, none responsive and a cluttered mess.
If they revice the UI for Xbox two it's win win!

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The X makes me think about how next gen will be

The X is the benchmark, both Sony and Ms next system need to be more powerful than this, and have a big enough jump to warrant another system. If the benchmark was OG ps4 and OG Xbox, it would make any jump a big one lol

Now that they have to attempt to make a better and stronger machine than this, while keeping it relatively at a value price (compared to pc), has me very excited

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Bought that beast after I´ve seen RDR 1 running in 4k on it. Made me go

tenor.gif

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yeah agreed. I'm in a similar boat (had a switch and a pro, got an x a month ago) and I'm loving game pass and the console itself. Only complaints are:
- The UI is horrible and confusing. Also laggy
- my controllers randomly lose the 'sync' with the console and can't reconnect, require me to cycle the power

Definitely has me excited for what Xbox is going to be like next gen!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
yeah thought there was no way in hell i'd consider it but they got me, will be eyeing black friday deals

ultimately i'll probably hold out though. i have a gaming pc, 8th gen is winding up... that's a lot of funny money to throw away

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yes, preach it. it's a fucking beautiful piece of hardware. most wellbuilt console ever made imo. feel the premium cost for sure. playing rdr2 in 4k on that thing felt like a next-gen game, f'real.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
Mine broke down after one week. It's been at Microsoft ever since. I am suspecting the guy who sold the One X to me selling it already with a damaged HDD. Luckily it still had warranty and it will be back next week. Already psyched! Have Control coming up. From what I saw the game looked awesome, and so did RDR2. Bought Call of Duty WWII yesterday, so I have a lot of games coming up and even though I own a PS4Pro I am stoked!
Any game recommendations? Got GamePass and Gears and stuff is already on my mind :)

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great piece of hardware and quite powerful for the price. Coupled with Game Pass it's gaming bliss, but to be fair any system, whether it's the X, S or PC, combined with Game Pass is damn good right now.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Outside of the slow bootup and UI, it's fantastic. On top of gamepass, it's gotten me collecting 4k blu-rays as well.

Even though I own a gaming PC as well, it just feels more convenient booting it up to play and download games on it instead of Steam/GoG/etc.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Love the One X. I just wish they allowed us to use more software and hardware across the whole platform.

I really want to see driver support for Wacom and Huion tablets. I know the processor is a bottleneck, but I could totally dig the idea of optimized versions of Illustrator, Inkscape, Krita or MS Paint showing up on console.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Too many glitches

Tablets with no tablet mode
Attachable keyboards that don't work sometimes and glitch out the system
Wonky software that makes all this not work any better

They just keep releasing new products instead of refining them

Definitely not my experience with the Surface line.

most of your gripes seem to be about software, so why complain about hardware engineering?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I wasn't bothered by my PS4 Pro fan noise... until I got an Xbox One X.
Now I prefer playing on the X. I really hope Sony will figure out how to make a console that doesn't double as jet engine in the next generation.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a ridiculous upgrade from Xbox One. Some games look like X360 -> X1 jumps with a simple X patch. The fact so many games have upgrades, even last-gen stuff and all Xbox Original games go up to 4K(ish) makes it a ridiculously awesome buy. I have a fat Xbox One, an S and an X at home. Trust me I have a really hard time getting used to playing a game I know on the X back again on the less powerful consoles.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing missing is exclusives

I've read this a lot and I have to disagree, they don't only lack exclusives but Japanese support. Countless Japanese games have skipped the platform and if this trends continues I just don't see myself ever coming back.
Xbox 360 on the other hand had a strong Japanese support, even exclusives.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
The hardware is great, the games are good, the backwards compatibility is awesome, but I really have no clue how Microsoft could fuck up the home menu and store so damn much. The performance is atrocious even on the X and I really can't see a technical reason for it to be this way. You'd really think Microsoft should have the most expertise of all the console makers to design a simple and fast user interface, but it's easily the worst on the current market.

Apr 3, 2018
I've read this a lot and I have to disagree, they don't only lack exclusives but Japanese support. Countless Japanese games have skipped the platform and if this trends continues I just don't see myself ever coming back.
Xbox 360 on the other hand had a strong Japanese support, even exclusives.

This.

It's without question the best console I've ever owned. Trying to play anything on my Pro felt like such a step down. But the lack of Japanese support is my true gripe.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
While I sold mine due to building a new PC, the one X is an amazing console. The download speeds I got in it compared to my PS4 Pro was night and day (200+mb all the time vs on average 10-20mb). The upgrades with older BC games was really welcomed. Also I didn't hear my X making loud noises as with my Pro even wearing headphones.

Neithardt

Banned
May 22, 2019
It really is the best bang for you buck performance wise this gen. The Pro looks like a scam in comparison. And I feel as though the X will bring you really far along next gen so it's perfect for bridging the power gap.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's a great machine. I still find it bizarre they brought out such a great product in the xbox one x and only a few years prior (in my opinion) released what I consider the worst hardware in gaming history. Everything about the system was a piece of shit.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I like most is how much I can stress the machine but it never gives up.

Listening to Spotify while playing an intense online game and capturing video and pictures and it's flawless.

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
Hardware-wise it's one of my favourite consoles of all time - all that power packed into that discreet form-factor. And it's blissfully silent 99% of the time, and for the other 1% the noise is far from intrusive. The fact it can play UHD HDR blurays is just gravy.

Only downside is the terrible UI, lack of compelling exclusives and some third-party and Japanese developers skipping it.

Due to their strong exclusives game, I'm almost certainly going to be getting a PS5, but if MS can replicate the X next gen, and provide some must-have exclusives it's going to be tough for me to pass it up.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It really is the best bang for you buck performance wise this gen. The Pro looks like a scam in comparison. And I feel as though the X will bring you really far along next gen so it's perfect for bridging the power gap.
Well no, the pro felt like what it actually was, a mid gen refresh with a small price inflation.

The xbox one x isnt a mid gen refresh, they didn't refresh the xbox one they completely revamped it because thats what it needed. And I still feel bad for anyone playing on an OG XB1 or XB1S.