• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is this?

• Mobile Game

Votes: 92 17.2%
  • VR Game

Votes: 52 9.7%
  • Hit and Run 2

Votes: 196 36.6%
  • Sneed

Votes: 22 4.1%
  • Car hole

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Aurora borealis

Votes: 160 29.9%

• Total voters

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I genuinely think that the simpsons game is one of the best games made by EA, lol

It's actually so so clever. Soundtrack is great, final boss is hilarious, gimmicks are great, story isn't that bad, it's funny

The sparklemon battle is godtier as well lol, ah I wish the game was remastered. Most fun I had as a kid trying to 100% it on 360.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A new good open world Simpsons game would be sweet. The first one was a good attempt, but a new one could look amazing with what cel-shading can do these days

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I don't want to beg but I am going to, PLEASE be a hit & run sequel or reboot!

That being said, I think it will likely be a mobile game.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
A new Hit and Run would be great.

Enjoyed how meta The Simpson's Game was but still preferred Hit and Run as a game.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Reckon some VR experience thing or new mobile game.

Hit and Run 2 or a remaster would be cool

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
To the users who did the simpsons joke in page 2 in this thread: i love you both

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I thought we had a mobile game already?

Could be VR, it would make more sense as to why the writers are there. I mean look at Justin Rolland. Cartoons and VR games have found a nice cheap game medium to entertain people.

Wouldn't say no to something in VR either. I have the Simpsons home as my environment that I load into when I start up my Vive, also have the Planet Express break room. Even just being there and not being able to interact with anything is really cool, I'd be super down for something like a new Virtual Springfield done on actual VR.

74BFFA7A21A1FA2BEE65865030B62389400499FE

A2887F1E0FB352FF749AADC0694CDEBD671824B6

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
The last 21 seasons of The Simpsons have pretty much been unwatchable. Seasons 3-8 and a few episodes of Season 9 are comedy perfection, then with Season 10 the show went downhill and continued to go downhill and went into "Wow so they've completely given up" territory. The writing staffs have been horrible and the producers are just milking whatever nostalgia people have for the show that's still left. I'll stick to watching the old episodes and don't care about any new properties the show has to offer.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The last 21 seasons of The Simpsons have pretty much been unwatchable. Seasons 3-8 and a few episodes of Season 9 are comedy perfection, then with Season 10 the show went downhill and continued to go downhill and went into "Wow so they've completely given up" territory. The writing staffs have been horrible and the producers are just milking whatever nostalgia people have for the show that's still left. I'll stick to watching the old episodes and don't care about any new properties the show has to offer.
Even Season 10 has some fab episodes. One of my absolute favourites is from there:

Like most of the thread has mentioned already though, I have zero faith in the team that has been running the show for the last 20 years.

EDIT: Went back to check, there are even more great episodes than I remember in 10. Lard of the Dance, The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Treehouse of Horror IX, When You Dish Upon a Star, Lisa Gets an 'A', Mayored to the Mob, Viva Ned Flanders, Wild Barts Can't Be Broken, Sunday Cruddy Sunday, Homer to the Max, I'm with Cupid, Make Room for Lisa, Simpsons Bible Stories, Mom and Pop Art and Monty Can't Buy Me Love.

15/23 ain't so bad.

Season 13 is where I think the show plummets.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Thank you for sharing your unique and original perspective. I hope you feel better for having spoken your mind.

(Just a quick reminder that Hit & Run... which most people here remember with fondness... was released alongside Season 15 and had the current crop of writers at the helm.)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, is EA still tied to The Simpsons? Is there any chance Ubisoft could have talked them into an RPG after doing South Park? I'd still be very skeptical of the quality, but I'd at least be willing to give that a shot (especially since a game would be all about reliving past glories instead of coming up with new material, which is a lot easier).

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We just did an episode on Bart's Nightmare and discussed how many bad Simpsons games there are. It's nuts that in 30 years they've only produced arguably two good ones.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Still expecting this to tie into them promoting something new beyond simply rehashing the past, but just to throw a damper on one's expectations...

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So, I stress I know nothing here, but Rebellion worked on some versions of The Simpsons Game, and they have a 'major unannounced new title'. I guess it's possible they could be partnering again.

(Although that said, Rebellion did not work on the lead versions of TSG, those were done in-house, IIRC)

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think it's going to be Aurora Borealis. Not at that time of year, at that time of day, in that part of the country, localized entirely within the E3 Coliseum.

Jan 9, 2018
What if its simpsons vr by the guys who did job simulator but you play as homer at the chem labs or at home on couch doing funny stuff with the enviroment

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing EA has the license is basically a spoiler alert for me. I already know the ending is "I dont care"

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Have thought for a long time that The Simpsons should be made in to a LEGO game in the same vein as Lego Marvel Superheroes.

- loads of characters to change between
- Springfield is the hub city like NYC was for Marvel Superheroes.
- isolated levels are hosts for levels based on famous episodes/locations.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think EA are going to be announcing much of any description at E3, so I could very easily believe that this won't be tied-in to a game reveal.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Someone better tell me how much people love hit and run please I want a sequel or even a HD port

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Knowing EA has the license is basically a spoiler alert for me. I already know the ending is "I dont care"

It's so sad that this is the truth.

Many years ago when they were making titles under the EA BIG brand and when they were putting out quality games I would have been excited.

Now I just hold zero hope that anything they put out will be anything more than mediocre, let alone good.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Have thought for a long time that The Simpsons should be made in to a LEGO game in the same vein as Lego Marvel Superheroes.

- loads of characters to change between
- Springfield is the hub city like NYC was for Marvel Superheroes.
- isolated levels are hosts for levels based on famous episodes/locations.

This and LEGO looney tunes would be great but LEGO games are mostly DC & Marvel these days and it's getting a bit boring I play them and enjoy them but I want more variety

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If it's Hit and Run related, I hope it's just a remake. A sequel would be based on later seasons, we'd be missing characters, stuff like that.

Chances are it's a mobile game though.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I can't get hyped for anything involving modern Simpsons. Recent episodes have been embarrassingly out of touch.

Paper Wario

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017

There is definitely a clear drop starting with season 9 but personally when i re-watch episodes I will watch anything from season 1-15. Season 3-8, though, is unmatched by any other stretch of TV in my opinion.

As for any new games? I feel like it would be so hard to please old and new fans with something, with so many years of of material to work with, but I'm excited for the panel regardless.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we are expecting this to be pretty much nothing?

Or maybe an expansion for Simpsons Tapped Out?