• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
RvXFuKZ.gif

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I would love Keaton as old Bruce Wayne. His Wayne was better than his Batman. I hope this happens and he brings back that psychotic edge he played the character with.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to see the idea of Keaton Batman as a stern mentor type get pushed considering Keaton Batman's whole deal was that he was kind of...off

returnswikiwki-1307865361.gif

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine they're frantically trying to figure out how to carve a new universe with WW, Aquaman, Harley Quinn, but with a new Bat/Supes.

I guess this'll do it.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
On the face of it I love it, but while it's a very ballsy move (and ballsy moves are cool and rare in modern studio filmmaking) this, as it's being reported (he's going to become the DCU's Fury esque character), feels needlessly confusing.

So this article(s) is suggesting that Matt Reeves' Batman with Pattinson will be it's own, totally separate thing that isn't connected to anything else a'la Joker. Then how is Keaton replacing Affleck, does this mean that Flash stays in his alternate universe? Does this mean that Flash will become its own thing? Are WB giving up on the idea of a Justice League and/or ensemble film and just doing 'pockets' of universes?

But then it suggests that Batgirl could be part of this 'rebooted' Flash universe that houses Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Momoa's Aquaman, the rest of Snyder's Justice League and now the older Batman played by Keaton... as well? I realise that WB want to push the multiverse angle, and that's smart to differentiate them from the more rigid MCU, but it feels like you're just going to be splintering the audiences and creating confusion.

The idea that Matt Reeves' Batman exists in one live action Gotham and Batgirl, with Keaton as a mentor, in another one entirely just seems ludicrous. Could they be looking to do the same with Superman? Have Cavill exist alongside Keaton and have another filmmaker have his own 'Metropolis silo' that's unconnected to anything?

I'm still not sure how this will work out or how accurate a lot of small details on this reporting will turn out to be but the idea that WB will have not one but TWO Batmans but no solid plan (it would seem) for Superman feels very odd.

As always, we shall see.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
On the face of it I love it, but while it's a very ballsy move (and ballsy moves are cool and rare in modern studio filmmaking) this, as it's being reported (he's going to become the DCU's Fury esque character), feels needlessly confusing.

So this article(s) is suggesting that Matt Reeves' Batman with Pattinson will be it's own, totally separate thing that isn't connected to anything else a'la Joker. Then how is Keaton replacing Affleck, does this mean that Flash stays in his alternate universe? Does this mean that Flash will become its own thing? Are WB giving up on the idea of a Justice League and/or ensemble film and just doing 'pockets' of universes?

But then it suggests that Batgirl could be part of this 'rebooted' Flash universe that houses Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Momoa's Aquaman, the rest of Snyder's Justice League and now the older Batman played by Keaton... as well? I realise that WB want to push the multiverse angle, and that's smart to differentiate them from the more rigid MCU, but it feels like you're just going to be splintering the audiences and creating confusion.

The idea that Matt Reeves' Batman exists in one live action Gotham and Batgirl, with Keaton as a mentor, in another one entirely just seems ludicrous. Could they be looking to do the same with Superman? Have Cavill exist alongside Keaton and have another filmmaker have his own 'Metropolis silo' that's unconnected to anything?

I'm still not sure how this will work out or how accurate a lot of small details on this reporting will turn out to be but the idea that WB will have not one but TWO Batmans but no solid plan (it would seem) for Superman feels very odd.

As always, we shall see.
I feel as long as the movies are good, the audience will be there.

The promise of some very unique takes on Batman is exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
so is this gonna be the 4th concurrently running Gotham universe?

or is Suicide Squad still connected to the Justice League Batman's Gotham lol

I don't get the Nick Fury comparison at all

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I really hope at the DC Fandom thing in August, they finally just fucking tell us what the plan is going forward and clear up all this nonsense.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly think MCU wasted him as Vulture. He clearly could have been Norman Osborn.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
True. At the end of the day that's the biggest take away from all this. But if they are going all in on Keaton does this make the appearance of Nightwing more likely?
I desperately want them to give the Batfamily some love.

Go wild with it.

Then do a Logan esque send off in Batman Beyond for Keaton when he decides to bow out.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to take a crack at trying to explain the situation post-Flashpoint?

Is Patman going to stay as a solo disconnected trilogy with no links outside?

Will Batfleck simply disappear?

Will Keaton's role be a total reprisal of 80s Batman and will he be brought into the main canon permanently and become the DCEU's Batman? Or will his role in flashpoint return him to his own Universe where a stand-alone Bat family universe can then spawn off the back of it?

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anyone want to take a crack at trying to explain the situation post-Flashpoint?

Is Patman going to stay as a solo disconnected trilogy with no links outside?

Will Batfleck simply disappear?

Will Keaton's role be a total reprisal of 80s Batman and will he be brought into the main canon permanently and become the DCEU's Batman? Or will his role in flashpoint return him to his own Universe where a stand-alone Bat family universe can then spawn off the back of it?
Patman is past Batman. Keaton is Batfleck. Easy.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Dark knight Returns movie, disregarding Batman Forever and Robin. Nicholas Cage as Superman.

There are dozens of us who will watch it.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Patman is past Batman. Keaton is Batfleck. Easy.

But Keaton is twenty years older than Affleck.

And what's the point in getting Keaton to do Batfleck when he already has his own established Batman. The reason they asked Keaton is 100% because of him already being Batman. Them having Keaton be an aged up Batfleck and totally ignoring Keatman would be bizarre.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But Keaton is twenty years older than Affleck.

And what's the point in getting Keaton to do Batfleck when he already has his own established Batman. The reason they asked Keaton is 100% because of him already being Batman. Them having Keaton be an aged up Batfleck and totally ignoring Keatman would be bizarre.
He'll be both. Affleck was already playing "Old Man Batman" in the films he was in, the age discrepancy can be ignored as just another actor taking over the role.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
He'll be both. Affleck was already playing "Old Man Batman" in the films he was in, the age discrepancy can be ignored as just another actor taking over the role.

So you think they're going to merge Keaton's Batman and Batfleck as the same Batman?

Lmao what. No. That would be bizarre, if Patman is past Batman then Keatman can't be past Batman too. And a recasting isn't really a valid jump for Affleck to Keaton.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to see Keaton return as Bruce for so long. But I'm not sure a Flash movie... this Flash movie.. is how I'd want to see that return.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So you think they're going to merge Keaton's Batman and Batfleck as the same Batman?

Lmao what. No. That would be bizarre, if Patman is past Batman then Keatman can't be past Batman too. And a recasting isn't really a valid jump for Affleck to Keaton.
No. The Flash film is called "Flashpoint". I think Michael Keaton will play both Batfleck and the Tim Burton Batman, in separate universes. They will look the same, but obviously be very different as a result of the lives they've lived.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
No. The Flash film is called "Flashpoint". I think Michael Keaton will play both Batfleck and the Tim Burton Batman, in separate universes. They will look the same, but obviously be very different as a result of the lives they've lived.

So.

Keaton players Batfleck as a re-cast. And Patman is past Batfleck.

Keaton also plays Keatman, with his history intact. And interacts with Keaton as Batfleck.

(I just don't see Keaton playing Batfleck, it's just too much of a massive leap - especially when he's already going to be reprising Keatman as per your plan).

Affleck is like 48, and Keaton is what 67? A lot of the audience would get confused because of the dual role.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
My half assed theory:
Flashpoint shenanigans wipe the current Batfleck from existence. Somehow the multiverse streams are crossed and now Burton Batman continuity has been fused into the DCEU.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird they are doing Flashpoint first I really don't get it, build up to that shit. Hopefully this ends with Barry getting blown up or something and we get Wally instead.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
lol that would be quite the discrepancy. Affleck was playing a Batman in his 40s, maybe knocking on 50. Keaton is nearly 70. And more than the age gap, he's physically very different from Affleck. Keaton is bald and scrawnier!

Also according to this story, the whole point of bringing in Keaton is to introduce the multiverse concept into the DC movies. So just by virtue of that, he'd be playing a different character than Affleck, who already exists in the same universe as Ezra's Flash.