• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
angel-manuel-soto-blue-beetle.jpg

"Charm City Kings" director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct "Blue Beetle," DC Films and Warner Bros.' first superhero movie starring a Latino character, individuals with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal's "Scarface" remake and Sony's "Miss Bala."

www.thewrap.com

'Blue Beetle': Angel Manuel Soto to Direct Film About DC Comics' Latino Superhero (Exclusive) - TheWrap

Warner Bros. and DC Films aiming for production to start in the fall

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I can only assume this is Jamie.

That first Jamie Blue Beetle run (I think by Keith Giffen?) is one of my favorite contemporary DC runs. Like a modern day Spider-Man. Actually I should reread it now.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Charm City Kings wasn't bad, hopefully this project takes off. There's like no latino superheroes out there. This character has the potential to be pretty big too if they market it right.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm there day 1. Maybe we'll get some Booster Gold comedy... gold in the movie as well.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Took them long enough. Maybe we can get that Blue Beetle and Static team up folks have been asking for later down the road.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the director good? DCs output is very hit or miss, and if they want to start putting out movies for chars like this, it would be ideal to hit it out of the park.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Deep breath

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can only assume this is Jamie.

That first Jamie Blue Beetle run (I think by Keith Giffen?) is one of my favorite contemporary DC runs. Like a modern day Spider-Man. Actually I should reread it now.

Giffen and John Rogers, it's a top 5 run for me, easily my fave teen superhero book ever.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, he was bungled so much that the Suicide Squad fake out was slightly believable.

But I can dream, god damn it.
I agree. I was really looking forward to the Rebirth Blue Beetle, but dropped it pretty quickly as it was awful. I think you're right though that if the character were used well (by just following the roadmap that made him popular in JLI - smart, funny, silly, irreverent, but an overall good person) he could be a great supporting character.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Hope this doesn't stay in limbo like the rest of their 30 DC movie projects.

I hope this lights a fire under Marvel's and Sony's asses and they announce Hispanic-led movies. It was embarassing enough for Marvel that Captain Marvel and Black Widow were beaten to the punch by Wonder Woman.

I hope WB announces a Vixen movie soon too. Oh, and an Asian-led solo.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Cool. Hope this doesn't stay in limbo like the rest of their 30 DC movie projects.

I hope this lights a fire under Marvel's and Sony's asses and they announce Hispanic-led movies. It was embarassing enough for Marvel that Captain Marvel and Black Widow were beaten to the punch by Wonder Woman.

I hope WB announces a Vixen movie soon too. Oh, and an Asian-led solo.
GIVE US MIGUEL, SONY! ContractHolder

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Second Charlton hero to hit silver screen! Maybe we'll get a Charlton cinematic sub-universe in the future? Captain Atom next please.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know they want latinos writing and directing this, but Miss Bala fucking sucked bro. I hope they get Miguel from Cobra Kai to play Jaime.