• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
wiz7dejip2o71.jpg

There really were alot of silly things in Mass Effect 3.
I remember they photoshopped Tali out of her suit.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Kai Leng is extra annoying because he should have been a slam-dunk. A skilled, elite Cerberus operative that pursues you throughout the game and actually poses a threat to Shepard and his crew? Sign me up. But they just tried SO hard to make him edgy and cool.

Not to mention his whole "you may have beaten me in combat… but actually just kidding, check out this cutscene of me winning anyways". Ugh idk. Dude doesn't offend me like he does others, but he's 100% facepalm worthy

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Kai Leng is extra annoying because he should have been a slam-dunk. A skilled, elite Cerberus operative that pursues you throughout the game and actually poses a threat to Shepard and his crew? Sign me up. But they just tried SO hard to make him edgy and cool.

Not to mention his whole "you may have beaten me in combat… but actually just kidding, check out this cutscene of me winning anyways". Ugh idk. Dude doesn't offend me like he does others, but he's 100% facepalm worthy
They should've looked at their Calo Nord from KOTOR and build Kai Leng around his personality, just more present.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The hate that ME3 gets is overblown, it's absolutely a >90 game…

… but yeah, EDI's sexy robot design is awful, just like Ashley's shampoo model redesign.

Also, Javik as DLC, it should be an example of companies putting money over integrity.

You're correct about that. But most people here are also correct in their criticism aimed at ME3.

Indeed, in many ways, ME3 being as good as it is is nothing short of a miracle. It has so many problems, so many shortcomings, yet it still manages to be a compelling and excellent game.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
They should've looked at their Calo Nord from KOTOR and build Kai Leng around his personality, just more present.
Ha, yeah totally. That's what's weird, BioWare knows their bounty hunters. Maybe that was Drew Karpyshyn's thing
You're correct about that. But most people here are also correct in their criticism aimed at ME3.

Indeed, in many ways, ME3 being as good as it is is nothing short of a miracle. It has so many problems, so many shortcomings, yet it still manages to be a compelling and excellent game.
💯💯💯

Oct 26, 2017
...EDI, Your faithful ship AI from Mass Effect 2 randomly getting a "sexy" robot lady body for some reason. I'm not against EDI getting a corporeal form, but why did Bioware make her...voluptuous (even with metallic hair no less)? If she had a functional, combat-ready form (think the robot companion shown from Starfield), that would be totally fine. But for a fairly serious and semi-grounded series like Mass Effect, EDI in Mass Effect 3 comes off as far too stylized at best and like a creepy, basement-dwelling RPG fan's male-gazey fantasy at worst. For all the (mostly deserved) shit the ending gets, how does this go overlooked? This was just the type of extremely lame, pandering bullshit that was fairly common in games of the era, but that that this series mostly avoided up until the 3rd game and absolutely should not have included.

EDI in Mass Effect 2:

EDI in Mass Effect 3:
edi-me3.jpg
By ME2 they already went full on fantasy. Squadmates wearing cpap masks in outer space so you can see their face better etc etc.
By ME3 they had cereal eating assasins, steel cameltoe sporting ship AIs and ghost children.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
One thing's for sure, EDI did not need camel toe lol. But her character development that is directly related to having a humanoid form, and having her as a squad mate, was great. Sure, she had an hourglass figure, but so did every other female NPC in those games, so why single EDI or ME3 out? This issue affects female representation throughout the entire trilogy.

I'm sorry, but no, the endings are rightfully the most reviled aspect of ME3. They invoke space magic bullshit and are not determined by your choices throughout the game, or your paragon/renegade status. Narratively, they are unsatisfying ways to end Shepard's legacy (commit genocide again all artificial life, become a Reaper, violate the body of every lifeform in the galaxy, or kill yourself). There should've been a Recall ending where you recall the Reapers for this cycle by persuading the Catalyst that organic and synthetic life can peacefully coexist with a high enough paragon status and having made the right story choices (like making peace with the Geth, or getting Joker and EDI to hook up). Keep Destroy as an option requiring a super high renegade status and having made all the genocidal choices throughout the trilogy lol. Have some middle of the road outcomes as well like Control. Let war assets determine whether you even survive Priority Earth, which should've been way more dynamic like the Suicide Mission. Ugh they just blew it on so many levels that should've been obvious.

Edit: I was just reminded by the poster above the real worst thing about ME3: the ghost child lol

Nov 3, 2017
I agree with the sentiments in the thread but isn't the infamous "camel toe" shot actually a mod and not in the game?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So… why does Shepard see a random kid instead of the Virmoire death (Kaiden or Ashley)

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah it was not great. DA2 and ME2/ME3 really were not a great time period for BioWare with some of the design choices they made for a bunch of characters. Either being way too fucking edgy or super grossly sexualized. Thankfully things improved a lot in DAI and even Andromeda for all its faults. Glad there's not too much worry about what might pop up in DA4 or ME4.

I do like EDI as a squadmate though and whole getting a body. But black alt costume for EDI always.

Oct 19, 2021
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
If you seriously think the worst part of ME3 was the sexualization, I honestly have no idea what to tell you.

It's not that deep.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
just like Ashley's shampoo model redesign.

I'll be honest, I had played ME1 and 2 several times already, but when I played the ME3 demo for the first time and saw Ashley, I didn't recognize her. When she walks past Shepard and they exchange a look, I was like "who's that, the camera's lingering on her like I'm supposed to know her." *facepalm*

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
I was more bothered by the whole "EARTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! ALL OF YOU ALIENS ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES BECAUSE YOU'RE MORE WORRIED ABOUT YOUR OWN PLANETS THAN EARTH, WHICH IS SO IMPORTANT TO EVERYONE!" plot.
Oh yes.

Love ME1 theme of earthlings being a newbie race and having internal problems.

Ability to start with character from the belt, trying to fit in with other races and fighting crap from humans was big reason why first game was good.