• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
back in the day i was into that real edgy shit

Gordon Lightfoot

blasting Sit Down Young Stranger while cruising the streets

my mom just didn't understand

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd grow tired of them when listening to them outside of the game, for extended periods at least, but they were perfectly chosen for the game and just added to the vibe

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Nah, the story is the weakest. Despite having Shuyo Murata who also helped to write MGS3, MGS4 and MGSV just proves how important Tomokazu Fukushima was for MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3. He can't control Kojima's outrageous writing like Fukushima did.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I like it, but it seems it doesn't always play as it should all the time as I've had countless times where I've unlocked a song I have yet to hear. I think it's due to going through rainy terrain and whatnot. You get to a point where it's supposed to play, but then some other music or noise takes over and cancels it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Not really my type of music, but fits the game well. I wasn't sold on it until the early mission to Port Knot City. You just get done getting outta stressful BT hell mountain, and you come over the crest, you see the horizon stretching out infront of you and the music starts *chefs kiss*. All that anxiety from creeping past the undead instantly goes away, masterful.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I didn't much care for this game, on many occasions it felt like a much worse MGSV. Still i know this is all subjective and there are a ton of people who enjoyed the game and i understand all of that. However i just can't fathom how anyone can like the music that plays in this game. The music is just unbearable. Low Roar has some of the edigest and cringiest songs i have ever heard in my entire life. I had to turn down the volume whenever anything started playing. The only piece of music that i liked in the game was the one that played during the TGA 2016 trailer. That felt like it fit the mood of the game perfectly, even before we knew what DS was even about.

After all those great songs that were in MGSV i was expecting a bit more here, but what we got in DS was just disappointing.

Did anyone like this stuff?
Troll thread

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
it's not amazing music but contextually in the game it works pretty well. honestly the ambient sound design was pretty good and that was what i enjoyed the most.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Yeah OP...Sorry but I'm going to disagree with you also. The soundtrack was amazing in my opinion. This game actually helped introduce me to Low Roar and Silent Poets. Now they are on my playlists.

I really enjoyed it. "Don't Be So Serious" playing in the opening sequence gave me chills.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. It may not be my favorite style but it fits the game well and is used appropriately.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
I'm partly with you on this OP. The songs made by additional artists really did not go well for me either and always made me want to mute the game. But I have to say that the actual game score is really good. Very much enjoyed those aerial tracks made by Ludwig Forssell (just discovering his name, didn't take time to go back to the OST yet).

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Not really my type of music, but fits the game well. I wasn't sold on it until the early mission to Port Knot City. You just get done getting outta stressful BT hell mountain, and you come over the crest, you see the horizon stretching out infront of you and the music starts *chefs kiss*. All that anxiety from creeping past the undead instantly goes away, masterful.

Agree, the opening and this part sealed the deal for me. Which is wild considering what immediately came next after getting to Port Knot City, lol.
Yeah OP...Sorry but I'm going to disagree with you also. The soundtrack was amazing in my opinion. This game actually helped introduce me to Low Roar and Silent Poets. Now they are on my playlists.

I really enjoyed it. "Don't Be So Serious" playing in the opening sequence gave me chills.

Yup, right now it's my fav song in the game.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No music played for me in this part and it still pisses me off because it was supposed to be Asylum for the Feeling.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Music was great. Also great design with the certain parts looping when you stop walking.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wat. I thought the soundtrack was incredible. Full of feels and cool instrumentals, synths, vocals, sounds etc, and really diverse too. Builds the atmosphere perfectly in all the right places and moments.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I feel you OP. The first vista when the music kicks in was a moment, but they reuse it so often it loses its magic. Low Roar didn't do much for me either.

Best song in the game:

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...no way... VDenter is that you ?

Oh, alright. Nevermind. Still that insuferrable attitude of "I know better than you".
Nevermind, keep going.
Sorry that my thoughts bother you i guess?

I'm trying to puzzle out how you would ever get "insufferable attitude" from that or from my posts in general? If it is a big enough problem feel free to use the ignore function. Works wonders from what i hear.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, I thought the soundtrack was one of the game's highlights. LOL It's restrained in its use of music, even more so than BOTW, which the more I play it, the more alike I think these games are.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I think the music sets the tone beautifully in Death stranding. One of the high points of the game for sure.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry that my thoughts bother you i guess?

I'm trying to puzzle out how you would ever get "insufferable attitude" from that or from my posts in general? If it is a big enough problem feel free to use the ignore function. Works wonders from what i hear.

It's not about your own opinion, but how you write things.

"I understand everyone has different opinions"
"BUT how can anyone like this edgy cringy shit?! It's insufferable"

Also well maybe don't use edgy and cringy for this here.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you OP. The first vista when the music kicks in was a moment, but they reuse it so often it loses its magic. Low Roar didn't do much for me either.

Best song in the game:

Where does this song play? I'm drawing a complete blank. I think the only vista songs that stuck with me are the two Silent Poets tracks.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
it's hilarious how Kojima included like the entire low roar discography in the game but other than that no, both licensed songs and ost by forssel are great and suit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.