• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Side note: I'd like to see Nintendo do more with Daisy and her homeland, like it's been too long since we've revisited Sarasaland. I feel Odyssey would've been the perfect the perfect opportunity for this. Not even the spinoffs go there.
Ditto. Mainly because it would be a nice change of pace than the Mushroom Kingdom again and we could have a different antagonist than Bowser.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boom_Boom_SMR.png

I don't mind him. But why does Boom Boom even exist? At least Pom Pom is a sorely missing female koopa other than Wendy.
He's a legacy character from Mario 3, and has "mini boss" written all over him. Convenient to keep on the roster.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
At least the Broodals gave Mario Odyssey some different villains instead of just being Bowser and his kids again. Which would have been boring.
They didn't really do anything with them, though. At least with the Koopalings and Bowser Jr that would have forced them to come up with 8 unique bosses instead of just 5. And the Koopalings have never been in a 3D game so that would have been very interesting.

This. He's the only Mario character that I actively hate, and, worse, every time he appears in a game it's at the expense of the much more interesting (and less obnoxious) Koopa Kids.

Oh, and the Broodals suck too. A real blemish on an otherwise perfect game.
Bowser Jr. was only bad in his first appearance. It was a sad first impression.

Ever since they've gone a long way to making Bowser Jr one of the better characters, especially since they started making his gimmick the Junior Clown Car. His boss fights are highlights of the games he's in.

sREByhJ.jpg

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Broodals designs are pretty shit and their boss fights are average at best outside of one fantastic one
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Waluigi sucks too
But the real answer is

Daisy. The real answer is Dasiy

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
As a developed character - Waluigi.
As space fillers taking up positions in the Mario Kart 8 roster that could have been taken by any number of more interesting allies and enemies over the years - all the baby and metal characters.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I hate any of them, surprisingly. That probably has to do with the series being mostly storyless and having very little actual characterization to annoy me with.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Waluigi was hugely popular. I love him, he does have a lot of personality, he just wasn't featured in games where it could be explored.

I'd love to see him starring a game alongside Wario, a Thelma and Louise kinda thing. It would be awesome.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a lot of people here are bracing for the inevitable reveal trailer of Daisy's Smash incarnation. Looking forward to it myself! Daisy seems like the kind of person who would not give a hoot about whether she has "lore" or not, as long as she gets to beat you in tennis :D

latest
Yoshi. He is just butt ugly, and he either acts all babby like and actually has no real personality other than eating fruit. Don't get why he is so popular...still salty at how much love he gets!

Well, they totally destroyed the character in Yoshi Story.

Yoshi Island was the best version by far. It's a real shame what happened to him

Overall worse is probably Birdo

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
He's a legacy character from Mario 3, and has "mini boss" written all over him. Convenient to keep on the roster.
Oh, holy crap. You're right!
He's this guy:
Boomboom.gif

I never made that connection.

Alright, I change my vote to the babies if they count. Baby Mario is alright though, since I love Yoshi's Island.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
OP mentions Dixie Kong being in the Marioverse, so that means Candy Kong is in the Marioverse. That means I can say Candy Kong.

Candy Kong. The worst Mario character is Candy Kong.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Peter Piranaha seems to have been shoved down our throats for far too long. He's not a memorable boss, has no personality or defining characteristics. Guy sucks.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I vote captain toad, though my opinion is heavy colored by my dislike for that game. He is just a waste of time and they keep on seeming to like to remind you he exists

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Piantas are in the bottom tier of Mario designs for sure. Just boring mono-color blobs.

Birdo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
300px-rosalina_mp10x3rsu.png

Rosalina easily takes the cake as the worst Mario character. She's a princess that has been handed the world despite doing not much of anything deserving of it.
While poor Daisy and Waluigi have to claw their way for representation in other mario games. Rosalina being able to get into games so easily because she
has some hair that covers her eye is just disheartening.

Spill the tea!!!

You literally took the words right out of my mouth.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Toadette is clearly the worst/least inspired in terms of basically everything and I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Seriously.

ToadETTE.
220px-Toadette_-_Mario_Party_10.png

Let's be real here.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Super Mario World Goombas.

Because what the fuck, those aren't Goombas.
Anything from Mario Sunshine tbh.

FLUDD
Toadsworth
Shitty palm tree guys
Shitty snail guys
I kinda like him personality-wise in his Luigi's Mansion and Mario & Luigi appearances, but Professor E. Gadd has a rather uninspired design and a terribly low-effort name.

Status
Not open for further replies.