• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I just thought it was important to share this knowledge.

The world's largest winged cockroach is Megaloblatta longipennis found in Peru, Ecuador and Panama. A preserved female in the collection of Akira Yokokura of Yamagata, Japan, measures 97 mm (3.8 in) in length and 45 mm (1.75 in) across.
M. longipennis can have a wingspan of up to 8 in (20 cm).

The average cockroach ranges from 0.24 in-3 in (0.6-7.6 cm) in length.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for no pictures, you're the true hero OP.
6YUNt6F.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I posted an image in the spoiler tag.
Megaloblatta_longipennis_wing_spread.jpg

And this website has a few more, it also gives a sense of scale.
www.projectnoah.org

Giant Black Cockroach

This cockroach is a Record Breaker! Although Guinness lists the largest cockroach as being

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought roaches in nyc got big. I would literally cry if I ran into one of these.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. That pic made my skin craaawl. Lol; imagining a rat and one of those squabbling over a NY slice on subway platform.

OP
OP
Sander VF

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
-" I think it is a joke, sir. Like longipennis."
-" What is so funny about longipennis?"
- "Well, it is a joke name, sir."
- "There is a very great roach in Peru called longipennis!"

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a cockroach in real life, but from what I saw on images or video I don't understand the spider-like levels of disgust this bug (?) developed among most of the populace. It's not the prettiest, yeah, it looks like a big brown bug.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a cockroach in real life, but from what I saw on images or video I don't understand the spider-like levels of disgust this bug (?) developed among most of the populace. It's not the prettiest, yeah, it looks like a big brown bug.
I hadn't either until I moved to the US.

The US is infested with cockroaches.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Never? Where do you live?

I don't mind most insects including spiders, but roaches are fucking dirty