• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I know I've already seen WAAAAAAAAAAY too much media that going on a blackout now seems pointless, but damnit I'm on a blackout now.

Got the game pre-ordered and booked 5 days off work to play this :)

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I know I've already seen WAAAAAAAAAAY too much media that going on a blackout now seems pointless, but damnit I'm on a blackout now.

Got the game pre-ordered and booked 5 days off work to play this :)
This is by far some of the best gameplay too me

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game is actually hard. I like the idea of running out of ammo and needing to make every shot count. LoU does this well, as does Resident Evil.

And since they have so many traps and all that, it should be possible to make the game feel like you need to rely on improvisation

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely love how much I've grown on this game since announcement and the work they've put into the environment.

It looks gorgeous, especially with how many characters it displays at times.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I hope this game is actually hard. I like the idea of running out of ammo and needing to make every shot count. LoU does this well, as does Resident Evil.

And since they have so many traps and all that, it should be possible to make the game feel like you need to rely on improvisation
From what I've heard from someone playing is that it's apparently far more of a survival game than he/she expected going in.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
WEwPaSY.gif

YrGcnVj.gif

uAaGLD1.gif

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna wait and see on this one as unfortunately its hitting during a real phase of open world fatigue for me, but I really hope it does well - Bend Studio deserves it, they have been making great games for so many years but have always been sort of under the radar.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
This video sold me for sure, just pushed me over the line. Let's see if there is a decent deal around

(2:55 could just see the passion in him)

Oct 25, 2017
Very good trailer. Looks like it's hard to stop those Breakers without heavy ammo. This game should give a proper amount of challenge to the player.
The marketing is really agressive

This is going to do very well
I think so too. Even my friend who is not so into Horizon Zero Dawn is looking forward to this one. Clearly it's the setting and bike stuff that gets people excited about the game.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very good video. Still waiting for reviews, but each time I see it it's looking better and better.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, that was fantastic. The bike looks really good to handle too. Love the ripper faction too, the fact that they won't attack the infected means you can bait a swarm to any mass camp of theirs and they won't bother with getting destroyed by it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks better and better the more I see of it. I can't afford it at launch, but I'll definitely try picking it up after a sale or two.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Can't watch the video but are hordes really just big open world style, one & done outposts rather than naturally occurring groups out in the wild, and every other encounter with the zombies is just a handful at most?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'll have a long weekend to enjoy this in between crying over Endgame and The Battle of Winterfell.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be a hard game to resist. Looks fantastic and I'm a sucker for the infected type.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
In my veins! Been listening to the soundtrack to get hype, in Bend I trust! Can't wait to be stranded on the mountainside, trying to hide and scavenge from a huge horde. Also might just go digital instead of waiting for a disc.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch the video but are hordes really just big open world style, one & done outposts rather than naturally occurring groups out in the wild, and every other encounter with the zombies is just a handful at most?

There are 40 hordes in the game, 3 of which you must encounter during the main story and they range between 50 in one group up to 500. They roam around the map. Once they're cleared, they're gone from the game for good. Same with freaker nests that are dotted around the map.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/09/days-gone-playstation-4-freaker-hordes-how-many/

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
No the game has 40 hordes in the game 3 are mission based the rest is just in the world. The hordes moved as well from 3 different places,their own,feeding ground and a place with water.

You will still one across large groups of enemies that are not hordes.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
This is the best the game has looked in trailers. I was already going to buy most likely but that video sealed the deal.

I hope there are other infected enemy types that they are not showing. I hope they didn't spoil all the enemy types already

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best the game has looked in trailers. I was already going to buy most likely but that video sealed the deal.

I hope there are other infected enemy types that they are not showing. I hope they didn't spoil all the enemy types already
Yep more types devs confirmed they want those to be a surprise though.

Oct 25, 2017
Those birds though.

You can imagine how it will go when you're dealing with a horde or Breaker(s) and you got crows bothering you.

Nov 18, 2018
Looking pretty good. I'm still waiting for reviews before I buy but I'm optimistic that it'll turn out well. The bike looks very satisfying to ride.

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
There are 40 hordes in the game, 3 of which you must encounter during the main story and they range between 50 in one group up to 500. They roam around the map. Once they're cleared, they're gone from the game for good. Same with freaker nests that are dotted around the map.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/09/days-gone-playstation-4-freaker-hordes-how-many/
No the game has 40 hordes in the game 3 are mission based the rest is just in the world. The hordes moved as well from 3 different places,their own,feeding ground and a place with water.

You will still one across large groups of enemies that are not hordes.

Oh that's pretty cool. I'd seen that 40 horde figure before but thought it meant they'd be sitting in specific places on the map like that body disposal site they were showing in the last round of previews. Thanks.