• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the Switch controller via Steam and the UI just shows keyboard controls. What controllers are people using and do they show correctly on your end?

Using Xbox One and it works fine but it uses the buttons layout for Xbox 360 which is common. Most big PC release tend to have XBOX buttons. Sometimes also DS4 buttons and rarely Switch buttons.

Oct 25, 2017
I've also tried 720p with high settings and works like a charm. It's at 1080p, both low and high when the game struggles.
That's great to know. I don't mind having the game looking worse as long as good performance is possible. Down the line I can get both visuals and performance as hardware gets better. The game's visuals don't justify this at all, but the important part is that I can play it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the Switch controller via Steam and the UI just shows keyboard controls. What controllers are people using and do they show correctly on your end?
mine is showing controller inputs. Do you have the switch pro configuration support enabled under the controller settings?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I backed 2 physical copies for the Switch. But only received 1 steam code today.

Not sure if this is intended or is an error on their side. Sent in a ticket to support, shall wait for an update.
You're still going to get the physical copies, they're just delayed till the end of June.. The digital code isn't meant to replace whatever you pledged for, just allow anyone who pledged for any physical tier to also have a digital copy so they can play now. So only getting one digital code despite pledging for two physical copies sounds right -- unless you backed them with separate emails/accounts and didn't pick a double physical tier.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how much the game takes getting used to, I slowly getting back into the swing of things though. Felt like I was getting okay by the end of the 1st proper mission. Really need to pay attention to all the enemies so you can counter them effectively.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
- PC version is a near literal direct port of the WiiU. The only options good for PC users is increasing resolution - max 4k... and hdr.
- 30fps cap is pretty rough after playing 120hz, 144hz most of the time. EDIT - - nope, my afterburner settings screwed me, it's 60FPS, better!
- Everything looks native to 720p, so looks quite rough at 4k.

On the one hand I don't mind, it's good to play the game somewhere that isn't WiiU
On the other hand, this is not even remotely a remaster!!

Steam Controller, and that is being seen as Xbox controls, which is fine for me.

Last edited:

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
It seems from the recent Kickstarter update that they thought only NA received no Switch code. Kind of a strange assumption when clearly EU is affected as well...

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
That's great to know. I don't mind having the game looking worse as long as good performance is possible. Down the line I can get both visuals and performance as hardware gets better. The game's visuals don't justify this at all, but the important part is that I can play it.
As crazy as it sounds, I think the game is using the integrated intel GPU.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- PC version is a near literal direct port of the WiiU. The only options good for PC users is increasing resolution - max 4k... and hdr.
- 30fps cap is pretty rough after playing 120hz, 144hz most of the time.

On the one hand I don't mind, it's good to play the game somewhere that isn't WiiU

Steam Controller, and that is being seen as Xbox controls, which is fine for me.

It doesn't have a 30 fps cap.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

it's 60 fps though, not 30

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.

You can change if you want to be shown keyboard or controller on screen inputs on the game's settings.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
mine is showing controller inputs. Do you have the switch pro configuration support enabled under the controller settings?
That's odd. And yeah, Switch controller is checked. If it I can't get it working I'll just dig out my XBONE controller I guess.

You can change if you want to be shown keyboard or controller on screen inputs on the game's settings.
Just check in the game settings, it defaulted to showing KBAM for me too but you can toggle it in the game itself.
So there is! Thanks! Wonder why it was under System Settings and isn't just automatic.

手加減 TG

Dec 11, 2019
runs fine for me game renders in 21:9 but the hud is stretched including character portraits :(
unknown.png
I can count the number of Japanese developed games that I've played that natively support 21:9 on one finger. Hopefully a hex-edit can fix this? We'll see.
The textures at 4K... 😶Platinum why...
I'm surprised Platinum didn't use a neural network to upscale the textures like many people on Reset have with other old games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I think it actually looks quite impressive for what originally was a Wii U game.

It's obviously not a full on remake, but that probably wasn't feasible or even necessary anyway.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
I just filled out my survey for the digital/physical tier two days ago. Chose physical Switch, digital PC.

I see physical copies are delayed but when should I expect to receive my steam code? Do I need to contact Platinum at all since I filled out my survey so late?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
For those who did digital on Nintendo Switch, can I get some impressions?

Oh, look at that page number!

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Just to double check, where do you find that 3D graphics panel in Windows?

if you are on Nvidia, go through Nvidia Control Panel (its on the toolbar), then through Manage 3D Settings and then Program Settings. You will find the W101.exe once you click 'Add". Make sure its using 'High-Performance Nvidia processor'not integrated. I forget the process for AMD GPU's....

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I only got a PS4 code, shouldn't i also got a PC code as well?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Game seems to maintain a solid 60 for me at 1080p. Just got through the first real mission and goddamn playing this game is like riding a bike. Everything's coming back to me like I never left.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Just got my code and worked fine on the UK eshop. Was worried they were only sending out codes to NA Switch users for some reason.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is more hectic and hard to read than I remember. Getting hit when I feel I shouldn't have at time, especially when using the counter but maybe I'm just letting go of it too early. Oh well, I'm sure start getting the hang of things again the more I play. Still a really fun game.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
So, having finished the first mission - using a GTX 1070 and i7-6700k - if you've got the horsepower I absolutely recommend using it. The game ran buttery smooth at 4k for me, and downsampling on my 1080p screen it helps a lot with the jagged edges.

Man though, taking a bit to get used to again. The zoom in can feel kinda excessive at times keep all the secret hunting there is in the wider scene

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
As expected, it runs less than optimal on my PC lol

But I am glad that they lowered the price of Wonder Guts and Wonder Spring to ensure that people get those first.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the PC version is pretty much just the Wii U version with a few options to scale down the graphics.

Truthfully, though, outside of a graphical hiccup or two and some low resolution menu assets, I ain't even mad. I get to play The Wonderful 101 on Steam.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the PC code, will test it tomorrow.
But really waiting for my switch physical version.

This is what the Nintendo logo has been replaced with in the intro

pAHCwaH.png

Sad, I wanted to see the nintendo logo on the other consoles and PC.
Do we know if its still in the Switch version?

I wonder if that means Nintendo has no percentage of the IP anymore.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Using my phone's hotspot data to download this onto my Switch, I'm at work right now. My wireless carrier billing cycle resets in 3 days and I've only used 0.02GB of my 20GB per month playing Animal Crossing online from... Biggest amount of data I've ever used via hotspot before... Going impressively fast, though I did not actually check how big the file size was gonna be.

The untouched textures are definitely curious, but I do think that with most of the game taking place during gameplay with the isometric view and fairly zoomed out, it's a problem that only crops up during the full cutscenes. Otherwise, it's running well on my rig, even if it is a rather basic port to the PC.

I am absolutely curious to see the metrics for how it performs in both Switch profiles and on PS4, since folks with experience of the game on Wii U know that this gets real hectic at times and still boasts some of the most impressive set piece design of any game in the past decade. Even the opening mission with all of the falling buildings and the train losing more and more cars is way more dynamic than a lot of AAA games are now.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, didn't get my code yet either.

Well I guess I'll send an email if I don't get anything by tomorrow. Mechwarrior 5 can keep downloading