• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Steam makes it really easy to generate as many codes as you want, which is probably why they're doing that.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks about the delay but now I get a Steam copy on top of my Switch copy so I am happy.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who backed for Switch physical I kinda see this as good news, sure it sucks I'm getting that version a bit later but being given a steam digital code is awesome since I was planning to buy it at some point on there anyway.

Really pleased with how Platinum have handled this.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
When does this actually come out on the eShop though? Is that release tied to the now-delayed physical version?
I'd assume the digital release date hasn't changed, since the Japanese eShop page that went up yesterday still lists the June 11th release date for there.

(Also if anyone would want to trade my steam code for their PS4 code let me know since I already backed for switch and steam codes separately from my physical pledge. (As long as these aren't time limited codes until we get the physical version which is apparently possible.))

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, as a switch physical backer I would much prefer a switch code.
Steam codes are free to generate. Every other platform has to be paid for and takes longer. This is a nice freebie but it's also not costing them anything. However as another no PC guy this doesn't really change much for me.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
wait, so say a friend bought the physycal switch version. now he also got a steam version, no strings attached?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Shame about the delay but I understand

Too bad my Laptop is garbage for gaming. It can't even run Bayonetta at a stable framerate, so TW101 is a pipe dream.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way to add on to our pledge anymore is there? At this point I'd add a PS4 digital just so I can play it sooner...

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
This is ridiculous. I could have accepted the physical releases to launch at the same date as the general releases but later? I'm starting to regret backing this up.

And no, I don't care about Steam so a code means nothing to me. At least give me a Switch code for God's sake.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
hmmmm... on one hand I want to play W101 as soon as possible on other hand also want to give away the code just to spread this game love.
on the other other hand I also not want to have separate save file( one on pc ,one on switch)

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
If they would have be giving Steam codes for the Physical edition, then I should have picked that one so I can play on both my Switch and PC. :(

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This is ridiculous. I could have accepted the physical releases to launch at the same date as the general releases but later? I'm starting to regret backing this up.

And no, I don't care about Steam so a code means nothing to me. At least give me a Switch code for God's sake.
Are you actually mad because a global pandemic delayed your video game and they gave you a free digital copy as an apology Jesus Christ

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Are you actually mad because a global pandemic delayed your video game and they gave you a free digital copy as an apology Jesus Christ
I'm not mad about the delay, that was understandable.

I'm mad because they say they're going to release physical versions for backers after the official release (and again, why should I care about a free code for a system that I don't use?).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm mad because they say they're going to release physical versions for backers after the official release (and again, why should I care about a free code for a system that I don't use?).
Yes because the current production and distribution pipeline is fucked up.

that's a code you can sell or give away. That's hugely generous. This is basically the best delay ever by Kickstarter and it's not even their fault.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Steam codes are free to generate. Every other platform has to be paid for and takes longer. This is a nice freebie but it's also not costing them anything. However as another no PC guy this doesn't really change much for me.
After so may kickstarters I should know by now that you don't back them to be able to play the results first (or even on time) lol. Especially as someone who seeks out physical copies.

I can imagine the uproar however that would occur if they were giving out EGS codes instead of steam :P

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope I get two steam codes since I bought two physical copies. It's a little dumb the codes aren't for the systems you chose, but I get why.

This is pretty shit for anyone who donated for a PC code though.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Steam Code don't mean shit to someone without a gaming PC. How about a PS4 or Switch code guys? :(

I agree, I have the PS4 physical on order, A switch code would be good, my PC won't run the game.

Maybe they could ask what code people wanted, my guess is a lot of people will just sell the Steam code, heck people will sell any of the codes most likely.

I have played the game on my WiiU so I'm not bothered about playing the game early.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
After quarantine started I regretted my decision to back physical and wished I could've gone with a steam code, so this is great. Now I get (probably) the best version and I get a physical case to put on a shelf and never look at again.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I was sad I saw physical copies got delayed but then I actually read it again and saw I'm getting a free Steam code because of it. Not too bad.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Giving away free Steam codes is a good way to find 4 dollar keys on grey markets. I'm not a fan of this strategy tbh.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017

No they are releasing backer versions in late June and retail versions in July. The problem is that distribution networks are fucked right now so some folks are going to get it later. They don't really have control over that and they can't delay the retail to whenever the last backer gets their copy.

Oct 27, 2017
while I really would have preferred to play it on switch
I have a steamlink for couch gaming so I think this will actually be the best route. at least I'll get achievements (?)

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I get two steam codes since I bought two physical copies. It's a little dumb the codes aren't for the systems you chose, but I get why.

This is pretty shit for anyone who donated for a PC code though.

I backed it and asked for a PC code.

It's fine, no reason to be mad when all this situation is happening because of global pandemic.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019

Wait, so you are simultaneously not mad and mad about a delay that you say is understandable? I'm really confused about why you're mad. You would be significantly happier if they just didn't give anybody anything?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Wait, so you are simultaneously not mad and mad about a delay that you say is understandable? I'm really confused about why you're mad. You would be significantly happier if they just didn't give anybody anything?
How is this hard to understand? As a backer I was expecting to have this before the official release.

Delaying everything is understandable right now but I would have expected to get it before people who haven't contributed for it.

(Also, what's up with your latter point? That is what makes no sense).

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
welp... I picked the digital + retail tier....

could have picked just retail! But hey i couldn't predict it, not gonna complain, lol, it's great for everyeone else

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
what other physical game is getting delayed?

Any? Just this one?

Smells fishy....

giphy.gif

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. Bummed but understandable. Just wish we would get free download codes for the system we chose.

Maybe I'll just give mine to my sister since I dont game on pc

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
No one answered me. What other physical game was delayed? Digital is still releasing, but not physical. Can someone give me another example?