• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't received any e-mails for the allegedly fixed survey nor the last two campaign updates regarding the issue. Instead got a reminder for the faulty "single physical copy" survey once again.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved before the April 5th deadline. Otherwise, I'll have to note it somewhere in my shipping instructions for the PS4 version and pray that info gets noticed somewhere in the fulfillment process...

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
I got the survey confirming shipping address. Did they ever send out one for platform preference for physical copies?

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
If I just want a digital copy (and I only pledged for that) for Steam, do I really have to fill the survey form with my address and other data? Does it matter if I just fill in bogus data?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wonder if they'll change the April 5th due date. It seems weird that they're in no apparent hurry to get the corrected survey out, but they're not saying anything about the due date.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're probably getting the game after the official retail release.
I'll say, so far, it wasn't worth pledging.
I doubt it. Official release is May 19th. They are trying to get the game to backers a couple weeks before that. Worst case you get your copy closer to official release, but still before it. There's no way you are going to end up getting it later for backing.

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
The single physical copy tier (4400 yen) has now been updated to say that no surveys have been sent, meaning that a new survey should be coming soon for backers of that tier (of which I am one). I'm not sure if I believe it's Kickstarter's fault though.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The single physical copy tier (4400 yen) has now been updated to say that no surveys have been sent, meaning that a new survey should be coming soon for backers of that tier (of which I am one). I'm not sure if I believe it's Kickstarter's fault though.
They way they worded it, it is probably their own fault leaving the option off that tier, but they need Kickstarter to nullify that survey and send out a new one, and their response in getting back to Platinum has been slow.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
They way they worded it, it is probably their own fault leaving the option off that tier, but they need Kickstarter to nullify that survey and send out a new one, and their response in getting back to Platinum has been slow.

Precisely. You're only allowed one survey per tier, so if you mess up, Kickstarter has to manually remove all the responses from that tier and re-enable the ability to send a survey for those people. Given that people at Kickstarter are likely working from home, it's likely they've not been able to do this as quickly as they might normally.

Vervain

Oct 27, 2017
I just got my updated Kickstarter survey with the platform selections added to it, so looks like they're going out again now.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I went with physical PC, because something tells me that's the only way you'll *ever* get a physical PC copy.

Fun times.
I went with PC for the same reasons. Besides the fact that PC is my primary platform, if I want a Switch/PS4 copy later, I'll be able to get a copy via retail (or probably a Kickstarter cover version off of eBay for more money). There's probably not gonna be that many PC physical versions, as I doubt they're making any outside of the Kickstarter and PC will probably be the least popular physical version by far

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I went switch as it's a game that replayability is great and incould see myself doing a level here and there for a long time after I beat it.

Plus the aetsyle of the game already looked good on the Wii u so I dont know how much better a ps4 version would look vs a switch version (and the framerates issues were rare to begin with outside a few fights and they never really bothered me).

Tldr: portability was more important than a possible frame rate bump and a higher resolution (and I dont have a 4k tv anyways)

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Got the new survey. The deadline has been pushed back to April 8th. That's good.

Now what platform am I going to pick... hmm. I'll stick to my original plan, PS4.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
PC is pretty much always going to the best running /supported version for kickstarter projects.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Damn, if I didn't check today, I might have missed the survey...
Apparently the emails from kickstarter bounced on my mail address even though I had no issues with them before.

This is the last day to fill the survey apparently.

Oct 30, 2017
For your listening pleasure in the final moments of the campaign.

My apologies for a late reply and slightly off-topic post, but damn I just realized something.

This may already be known to some people, but this sounds a lot like Fire Emblem Awakening's "Don't speak her name!" I look up the composer for both games, and they share the same one: Rei Kondoh. It makes a lot of sense, but it kinda blew my mind just now upon listening to The Wonderful 101's OST, and I was wondering why some of the music was so familiar, and then it hit me.

EV22: Intertwined - https://youtu.be/Nba2mZBqZdU?t=52
Don't speak her name! - https://youtu.be/aFY5TPI-kaU?t=74

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My apologies for a late reply and slightly off-topic post, but damn I just realized something.

This may already be known to some people, but this sounds a lot like Fire Emblem Awakening's "Don't speak her name!" I look up the composer for both games, and they share the same one: Rei Kondoh. It makes a lot of sense, but it kinda blew my mind just now upon listening to The Wonderful 101's OST, and I was wondering why some of the music was so familiar, and then it hit me.

Ha, thanks for bringing this up. There are definitely some similarities!

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

If Rei Kondoh is repsonsible for the trend of having the final boss music be a battle version of the main theme of the game, then I approve. Fire Emblem Awakening had that, with the added bonus of the Fire Emblem Main Theme set to a choir. And The Wonderful 101 does more or less the same. Which, if you haven't played it yet, you should look forward to, it's a banger.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i don't know if what i did was the new survey? Just did it today

Switch physical, PC digital

completely forgot to check my kickstarter, i'm one day too late, hope it won't cause any issues

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hey all you Wonderful backers,

We've been noticing that there have been concerns about which region of The Wonderful 101: Remastered backers will be receiving for their pledge. Never fear, information is here!

Physical Editions:

The Switch cartridges, PS4 discs, and Steam codes are all region free. All of them contain the same languages, and can be played on any model of the respective console. PC version physical editions consist of Steam keys printed on an insert inside a DVD-sized package.

Download Editions: (Nintendo Switch, PS4)

The digital versions of the game are also region free and playable on any model of the respective console. Once you receive the download codes, please redeem them on the correct store and download the game. Residents of North and South America and Asia will receive North American store codes, European residents will receive European store codes, and Japanese residents will receive Japanese store codes.

Backers residing in areas where codes for the corresponding region can not be redeemed through their local digital store (such as Russia, New Zealand, and Brazil) will receive additional Instructions on how to redeem their codes when codes are sent out.

*Creation of a shop account in the corresponding region may be necessary.

We ask that all backers who have not yet submitted surveys please do so as soon as possible. Delivery of rewards may be delayed for surveys received after April 9th.

Getting Blocked

Also a quick reminder to all backers that decided to be blocked by Kamiya. The due date for pinning your tweet is coming up (April 10th!), so please remember to keep that tweet pinned, so Kamiya can find you when it's time for his hunt to begin!

As always, stay safe, stay healthy, and we'll see you soon!
😆 @ that PC physical edition.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's how it usually is for PC "physical editions" these days lol

They should have clarified though
Yeah, at best it'll come with an installer disc that'll still require you to use something like Steam. Unless you have a bad internet connection and/or a data cap, there's not much point in getting a physical version of a PC game anymore aside from maybe having a nice box.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
Yeah, just read that blurb about PC "physical edition" on my email.

Who do they even bother with fake DVD case? Just send the code and save me time on delivery.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 15 people who actually picked PC physical edition either knew it would be something like this, or should have known.