• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Aug 12, 2019
I backed my first Kickstarter for this project in the last couple of hours since I love Platinum Games and The Wonderful 101 is a pretty solid game. I picked the physical version that I wanted shipped, but they didn't ask for any sort of personal address. Does that sort of thing typically come later in the process?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I backed my first Kickstarter for this project in the last couple of hours since I love Platinum Games and The Wonderful 101 is a pretty solid game. I picked the physical version that I wanted shipped, but they didn't ask for any sort of personal address. Does that sort of thing typically come later in the process?

Typically you get a survey sent out afterwards which ask for things like platform of choice, and yes, your address. They don't ask that kind of thing beforehand so that you don't have to submit your address if, for example, you change your mind and cancel your pledge.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I just paid the minimum Kickstarter pledge just so I could receive updates on the behind the scenes of this remaster.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is it'll fall around $25k to $30k short of the goal based on how it's moving.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt I'll ever have time to play this with RE3 already out, but I'll pledge a digital copy because of the effect Kamiya's game have had in my childhood.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a little sad that it looks like it will fall just short of that next stretch goal.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope you can add items a la carte to your pledge once the surveys go out like some other Kickstarters have done (and that the money raised from that goes towards the total).

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There are two that stand out to me.

The first is the fact that they made the tiers for rewards so rigid. What I mean by that is you have to slot into a specific tier with no way to add on to that tier. Most of the Kickstarters I've ever done have allowed you to add X amount on top of the tier you've selected to add more items. For example, say you picked the single physical copy but you wanted three copies. In most other Kickstarters, you would just pick the single physical copy tier at $40 and then you would pledge $120 and you'd get three copies. That's not the case here as they had to add on another tier that explicitly states two physical copies. This is limiting. I really wanted the soundtrack, but the soundtrack only comes with one copy. It was a higher priority for me to have two copies, one PS4 and one Switch since they have the exclusive cover, over the soundtrack. So instead of bidding on the higher tier and adding on another $40, I was forced to pick a lower tier. I believe this rigid tier option made them take in a bit less money than they could have got since it wasn't flexible.

The second is not only announcing retail stores, but allowing preorders on them as well already. I think between the lower cost, being able to use discounts or reward certificates, or simply the fact that knowing it should be readily available means there's no hurry allows people to put this off rather than feeling the need to jump in to secure their copy right now.

I think the combination of these two have impacted the total amount the Kickstarter could have pulled in and I think these two could have made the difference of it hitting that $2.25 goal which it could fall short of based on how close we are to the end but how far away we are from the total. It's going to be close though.
I'd like to add that having the stretch goals be in $US but the campaign being in JPY meant that everyone outside the US couldn't see how close each stretch goal was.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bless them. It looks like they'll do the Orchestral goal regardless if it makes it or not.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
So, PC will be able to get a physical release too, yeah? If not, I'll definitely grab that on Switch and get PC digital down the line.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
A miracle occurred and we can have orchestrated versions of the theme.

I'm so happy. Good work everyone!

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I chipped in and really didn't follow it after. Good to see it cleared out a shitload of goals and I'm excited to see what that even means, lol. I do see a orchestrated OST so that's cool!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hold on, says that the estimated ship date for the physical copies is April. Does that mean backers will get the game before it's release?