• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
2020 Kamiya be like:

MaVabte.png

Oct 25, 2017
- Because you want to be part of people making sure those stretch goals are met.
- Because the game is actually cheaper via Kickstarter.
- Because we know backers get stretch goals DLC (and we don't know if regular buyers do).

Take your pick, and if none of the above convinces you, buy the game when it releases. Not really rocket science.

Plus, it gauges interest in the franchise for PG and Nintendo.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The interview is pretty clear that Nintendo was ok with a port as long as it was exclusive.
They accepted crowdfunding for multiplat because it was a flop. The big IF for a sequel implies it'd be successful this time (we're barely past the FW numbers in Japan for now).

Oct 25, 2017
What? lol. Nintendo own the IPs, games, their money that made the games happen, they arent entitled to let Platinum port anything
I never said anything close to that so stop.

All I said was that this would encourage them to bring up a discussion with them about it. You turned that into Nintendo apparently losing it because it is even being asked.

I will leave this as my last reply on the matter.

Ligero

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bit of a stupid question.

If I'm not ready to commit to kickstarter, will I be able to buy a copy of this once it's released or is it for backers only? I don't know know much about KS.

Oct 25, 2017
I got it as my Mario Kart 8 bonus game. Then I kind of felt bad about getting it that way because I played it more than Mario Kart.

This time, it'll be the main feature. It's earned it. Backed the Physical + OST one.

So, i got it as a freebie from a promtion and liked it. Where does that put me?
You're a good one

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Ok fuck it, im backing it.
Its a pity becuase what i really wanted is getting it physical with a physcial comic, but im not paying 124 euros for that. Will probably go for physical on switch and online comic and music.

Strange for them, but not unwelcomed. Hope with a new audience they have more posibilities for a future smash.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Do you guys read that Nintendo offered to fund and marked it but Platinum asked if they could port it to other platforms, if anything people should be happy for this
It's not for the 50.000, I just dislike kickstarter for companies but before somebody quotes me, I'm a backer and I love all of this. Kamiya is my hero, Platinum are a gift.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I actually read the FAQ, they pretty much say they're not that interested in an Xbox One or Stadia port without explicitly stating it.
Also, the game is planned to ship in April and the physical rewards (not counting the game) are planned to ship in November.

The fact that
A. The game is planned to ship in 2 months
B. They're unwilling to include an Xbox One port
C. They explicitly state they can't do backer names in the credits

Tell you that these ports are 100% finished and ready to go.

That's my thought too. These could be unrelated stretch goals, or used to pay back a loan Platinum took out to publish the game.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Will Kickstarter ask for my address later ? I didn't see an option for it and I paid for the physical edition

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So for those who backed the physical edition... I assume there will be a PS4 or Switch option?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have a bit of a stupid question.

If I'm not ready to commit to kickstarter, will I be able to buy a copy of this once it's released or is it for backers only? I don't know know much about KS.
It will be for sale through the usual channels (who knows about physical, actually, but digital for sure). It will be more expensive than pledging on KS though.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I sure wish the dollar wasn't valued at twice what it was at the last time I forked out some money for a Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks Bolsonaro.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Can't decide on PS4 or Switch. My heart says Switch, but my gut tells me PS4 Pro.

Worth noting the PS5 will be backwards compatible too so you can replay it on there for years to come. Maybe the next Switch will be backwards compatible too. The backwards compatibility of the PS5 is what convinced me because it is a game I will be going back to for years.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So reading the kickstarter and some comments here, its still a Nintendo game, but Nintendo told them if they want to release in more systems they should fund this version themselves, at the end letting this game be in all systems, just like Microsoft do with things like Ori?
Or did platinum actaully bought the IP back?

Becuase from the reading it still seems this is a deal and Nintendo still has in some wat the IP still.

There's actually another option that nobody seems to be mentioning or considering:
Nintendo: "We'll allow it, but you have to give us X% of the money the game makes, including sales on other systems".

I mean, they funded the game, it would make sense that at least some of the profit goes to them. Funding the game and then letting P* pocket the money from the ports to other systems seems kind of outrageously generous, even for Nintendo. Unless that was P*'s condition for footing the Switch porting bill...

At the end of the day it's all speculation unless they come out with the actual details of their agreement, and that's almost guaranteed to never happen.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed whether Platinum bought the IP off of Nintendo or not
Still Nintendo's:
EP4JXuSWkAEG4wt

I wish they gave another lease in life to games lost in time, like the CiNG games (Hotel Dusk, Another Code) so more people could experience them and a chance for third entries arose. But realistically, there is no active developer championing for these unlike PG for this :c

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, maybe I am over thinking. Still I see no way Platinum asks something that has an obvious response that is no
Idk, I would think the obvious response to this port and kickstarter would have been a no too. I'm not saying they will or won't. Honestly, I also believe it would be a no but if it doesn't hurt to ask then why in god's name wouldn't they. What is it that the old poster in the back of elementary school classrooms used to say? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I thought an Xbox port as one of the hidden stretch goals would have been a certainty, but it seems they're avoiding that platform entirely? That's surprising to me. I wonder if history between Platinum and Microsoft has played a role in that.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
If the game is successful this time around, and Nintendo funds the sequel, it's pretty obvious which platform it'll be.
Or they'll tell Platinum "lol crowdfund it again".

The sequel would need a comparable budget (more than the first Bayonetta game) which I doubt that a Kickstarter would ever accomplish unless you want an incredibly scaled down sequel.

There is also a reason why Nintendo doesn't seems to be involved on this, no logo likely anywhere near on this release. They don't care about the profits here but more about perception. If the average guy doesn't know that Nintendo was involved with the original game then the situation wouldn't be that different from the Bayonetta exclusive sequels they have been funding.

This of course assumes that the game passes the test and has an incredible performance in sales and maybe even a better Metacritic given how it's more on the 70s unlike the other PGs that they value more like Astral Chain and Bayonetta.