• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK
Very, very tempted to get it for PS4 if it's ported in the end... I had it for WiiU and loved it, but I never finished it and sold it all out over 2 years ago. In many ways it was a special game. One of a kind.

Oct 25, 2017
Troll post aside I was under the impression Nintendo owned this IP?

Either way that leaves Super Mario World 3D World as the last Wii U title worth a shit thats stuck on the system, I think?
They allowed Platinum to go multiplatform for the release if they funded it themselves. The original deal was they would fund and market the Switch version if it was exclusive, but Platinum wanted multiplat. Since Inaba blatantly refuses to comment on the ownership status, it's fair to say Nintendo still owns W101 in some capacity.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
also worth pointing out that one of the dudes that is still employed by them and hushed the whole ordeal posts here and won't address any of Dangen's scummy stories.
And after this story broke, after much pressure, Dangen promised they would return control of games to the devs effected.

They have still not honoured this promise.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
So if the port is basically ready to go so soon, does this mean the game is only available to people to people who participate in the kickstarter, and they're just using this to directly allocate and handle pre-orders?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I backed this specifically because they already set up 3 platforms, I think games coming to as many platforms as possible is a wonderful thing (no pun intended)

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It bombed so bad they don't care what happens to the IP
Well they would be in control of any hypothetical sequel. Depending on how this release pans out, they could find themselves in a situation similar (albeit not exactly identical) to Bayonetta 2, where they have full or even just some degree of exclusivity on a sequel to a game where the first game went multiplatform.

brutaka3

Oct 27, 2017
We need a thread to talk about how the PC/PS4 ports were made possible. Nintendo just letting them do it by themselves is, just like Inaba said, "usually not something that is allowed in the games industry".

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
So i selected the "Physical" pledge.

I'm a little confused with the stretch goal thing (i''ve not really done a kickstarter before).

Do i also get everything that is a stretch goal based on where the funding amount ends?

for example, it's already over the amount for steam, does that mean i get a steam key as well as my physical switch editiion?

Sorry if this question is stupid and noobish : /

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Don't think so. If this will be a full price release, no way, if it will be a 40€ release, maybe around 30 but it won't drop immediately, not on Switch. PS4, yeah, maybe, but unlikely.

I will appreciate my backer exclusive dlc, box art and probably 1-2 week early release tho. 🤷‍♂️

As someone who backed Bloodstained, I wouldn't say any of what you said with any kind of confidence. Bloodstained was on sale almost immediately, and there were store-backed incentives unavailable to KS patrons. By all means if you love the game and devs, back it, but don't expect value (or an early release for that matter).

As far as rarity goes, a sealed copy of the WiiU version might be rarer... ;)

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
I am disgusted to see them trying to put first party Nintendo characters on other platforms. This should be Switch exclusive. It feels so wrong to me. I would only give money if I knew it was going to stay below these "stretch goals" things.
I know ,right? Platnium better cancel the other ports besides Switch or they can kiss their business goodbye!
I hope this is pasta lol. Because if it isn't it is gonna be turned into one

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
We need a thread to talk about how the PC/PS4 ports were made possible. Nintendo just letting them do it by themselves is, just like Inaba said, "usually not something that is allowed in the games industry".
Platinum are a very special developer. I can see why Nintendo would waive control to generate positive sentiment from Platinum, and further improve their relationship.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I am disgusted to see them trying to put first party Nintendo characters on other platforms. This should be Switch exclusive. It feels so wrong to me. I would only give money if I knew it was going to stay below these "stretch goals" things.

I am disgusted to see them trying to put first party Sega characters on other platforms. This should be Dreamcast exclusive. It feels so wrong to me. I would only give money if I knew it was going to stay below these "stretch goals" things.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So i selected the "Physical" pledge.

I'm a little confused with the stretch goal thing (i''ve not really done a kickstarter before).

Do i also get everything that is a stretch goal based on where the funding amount ends?

for example, it's already over the amount for steam, does that mean i get a steam key as well as my physical switch editiion?

Sorry if this question is stupid and noobish : /
What these console goals mean is that you will get the choice of a Switch or Steam (or soon PS4) key, not that you'll receive several keys (you still pledged for just one). For further stretch goals like DLC they already said all backers will get it if the goals are met.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Platinum will rely on Kickstarter going forward. Who needs someone else publishing it when you can have fans publish it.
They can only do this sort of thing as long as they have the outside investment which actually funds the game development. It's possible and perhaps probably that Tencent will want to publish their games in the future in some capacity. PG had to do some sort of deal with Nintendo to let this happen and perhaps that required them to not let an outside entity publish. There's a lot of info we don't know, so it's hard to draw many conclusions from this.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I express disappointment the fact Dangen is involved, but I would also guess the plans for this were made long before the Dangen stuff resurfaced recently since there's also a bit in the FAQ about how this was all planned out before they got the Tencent investment. (and they've been teasing W101 Switch for quite awhile)

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
QNB8.gif

Let's keep it going, PS4 version is coming up!