• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super happy that this was funded so quickly and looks to be so successful on KS, but I'm still wary about the game's performance once it launches. I really still don't see it doing well, the concept is just way too hard to market.

It's one of Platinum's best games but it's got such a steep learning curve. I fear it's just gonna bomb again, this time on 3-4 platforms.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
bwfSTHN.gif

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I think it's that W101 is also half-owned by Nintendo, but now Nintendo gave the okay for it being ported (though it being a flop also helped).
I'd agree, but in the interview they aren't clear about the ownership proportion for W101 (unlike other games). Nintendo definitely still owns part of it though.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, release is April? That's a relatively quick turnaround, even for a port/ remaster. Guess they've been working on this for quite awhile and just literally needed that final push

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized this is a remaster and not a port. for the love of Jubileus, please fix the issues the game had and don't just port. Removing 90% of space harrier sections alone will make the game 10x better imo. I'm also assuming the sections where we had to look at the other screen on the Wiiu controller will be removed or greatly improved.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I'm happy this games gets a second chance at life! I already own the Wii U version, but I'd be interested in double dipping. Will wait to see how the Switch and PC versions turn out first though.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Anyone wondering what this means for the Bayonetta games, Nintendo told Platinum they could self-publish 101 if they wanted to make it multiplatform. Nintendo did that because the game flopped originally. They won't give Platinum the option for Bayonetta 2 and 3.

I'd agree, but in the interview they aren't clear about the ownership proportion for W101 (unlike other games). Nintendo definitely still owns part of it though.

Nintendo has the first right of refusal. For example, Sega still owns Bayonetta, but they have the first right of refusal. They gave that up, so Platinum went to Nintendo to publish. Bayonetta 2 and 3 aren't Nintendo games, they are Sega games published by Nintendo and developed by Platinum.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, release is April? That's a relatively quick turnaround, even for a port/ remaster. Guess they've been working on this for quite awhile and just literally needed that final push

Probably approvals and licensing fees on top of that, if I'd have to guess. Plus money to hire QA Testers and stuff. It could still obviously get delayed slightly given the additional console ports, but shouldn't be a significant amount.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Glad to see the Kickstarter doing so well after all the naysaying this weekend in the other thread.

Just pre-ordered I mean backed it to get a physical copy.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Well now that kickstarter is stable I put my pledge in. Shame I really don't have a twitter account or I would have gone for the blocked tier.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't think it's fair to call it a pre-order. Platinum talked about adding DLC at future stretch goals. So I'd argue it's a mix of funding more ports and funding some extra stuff.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, it's at $395k already.

Might chip in, although I have it on Wii U already

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to figure out the point of this Kickstarter. Obviously it's not a "we need this money otherwise the game won't exist" thing because those numbers are tiny. Sell 40,000 copies at $20 each (after the 30% cut) and they're already in the black.

Is it basically just a way to have a high profile pre-order campaign that allows them to bypass the 30% cut taken by Valve? I'm going to assume Nintendo and Sony would still charge them for the digital keys, but we know Valve don't.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
$100k from the PS4 port we almost there. Hopefully Platinum has the next set of stretch goal tiers ready