• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Platinum needs to update their stretch goal list...can't fund something without knowing what lies beyond PS4 goal lol

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes, PS4 version is in play! I've been reading the praise for this game here for ages and would prefer to play it in 4K on my Pro.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
less than $140k till it reaches the PS4 goal
giphy.gif

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is really interesting -- the VGC article offers some helpful insight. Interesting way to pitch a Kickstarter (the game has to be done if it's coming out in April 2020, they're just recouping with backer money), interesting that Nintendo was cool with this, interesting moves that Platinum is making.

I love Platinum and I love this game, but I'll pass on the Kickstarter. It's great that Wonderful 101 will have a second life, and thank goodness they seem to be selling it for less than $60. I bought it on Wii U and I'll buy it when it comes to Switch.

Hueytothe

Oct 25, 2017
Backed 100 dollars, my favorite game of all time, cant wait for more people to enjoy this cult classic by the mad genius Hideki Kamiya

VicGmz

Oct 28, 2017
So any information from creidble insiders about the status of Bayonetta 3 or Astral Chain? The Scalebound Switch rumor?

Dec 8, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
I am disgusted to see them trying to put first party Nintendo characters on other platforms. This should be Switch exclusive. It feels so wrong to me. I would only give money if I knew it was going to stay below these "stretch goals" things.

Oct 25, 2017
This needs to happen, and I'm happy to see it race past the basic goals so quickly. (Surprisingly modest benchmark for the Switch tier—the kind that tells you that they more or less had the game ready to go.) I was planning to revisit it on Wii U soon enough, but it seems as though this port will arrive so soon that I won't even get around to replaying the Wii U version by then. Haven't contributed to a Kickstarter since Double Fine Adventure, but I'm going to buy this game anyway and I'll be happy to jump in.

Also—wow, look at that April 2020 delivery date. They definitely had this ready to roll, pending publication/distribution and market viability. I'll be elated to have this on my Switch calendar far earlier than most or all of the remaining Wii U-to-Switch ports that have been rumoured.

I'll miss the touchscreen input for a few specific Wonder-Liner moves, but not the dual-screen interior segments that restricted you to the handheld. I never did learn to play this game entirely with the sticks, though.

Hope this sets a precedent for Capcom handing over Viewtiful Joe. Might even go for the higher reward tiers this time.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're now at 500 000 Canadian Dollars!

The smell of a PS4 release is strong. Glad that more people will have the opportunity to play it!

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
As far as i can tell, Dangen isn't involved in anything else than maybe PR and preparing the kickstarter, so no money should exchange by their hands other than whatever Platinum pays them.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So any information from creidble insiders about the status of Bayonetta 3 or Astral Chain? The Scalebound Switch rumor?

What do you want to know? Astral Chain already released and stays on Nintendo systems until Nintendo decides otherwise. Bayonetta 3 is in development exclusively for the Switch and is progressing smoothly according to Kamiya. The Scalebound rumor was nothing else than a rumor.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Xbox version is a blurred out stretch goal LMAO. That's too funny.

But also sad cause I think I might want this on Xbox One X as opposed to Switch for the framerate

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Kamiya said on twitter for Bayo 3 that it's like Bayo 2, and said in this interview that AC is half-owned by Nintendo and not happening on any other platform.
Wonderful 101 seems to be a very special case due to different IP ownership proportions, and it being a flop.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Kamiya said on twitter for Bayo 3 that it's like Bayo 2, and said in this interview that AC is half-owned by Nintendo and not happening on any other platform.
Wonderful 101 seems to be a very special case due to different IP ownership proportions, and it being a flop.
I think it's that W101 is also half-owned by Nintendo, but now Nintendo gave the okay for it being ported (though it being a flop also helped).

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
unless it does less than $120k over the next month while doing 3x that in less than an hour...no denying a PS4 version is coming